IGNORED

Pearson

Hampshire reds

4 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Point 1. is fair enough, but no one is immeasurably safe, we're back to S'OD territory there and I think we can all agree that that's 'no happy place' *shudder*

Point 2. I disagree I still think our squad is awesome and not 'dross'. There's a lot to be excited about, if that potential can be unlocked. It's odd that so many on one hand blame the squad, but then on the other absolve the manager. However that's just me as surely it is up to the management to get best out of them. We clearly aren't doing this currently. 

Point 3. People are looking at metrics as far and wide as results, player development, tactics,  and a myriad of other evidence. They re not hanging hope on 'transfer windows' and a future that currently seems impossible to achieve unless we start performing, or to some actually winning more than 2 games in six months. 

You may find that 'laughable' others have been through this before and don't want to do it again as is their prerogative. 

You're completely delusional if you think our squad is 'awesome'. In fact it's an indication you know nothing about what a successful football team needs.

Our squad needs ongoing changes as it's clearly full of weak minded players. The antithesis of the Cotts team that Ashton and LJ dismantled.

23 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Invading others privacy? Doxxing? Seething?

... Really?

Well you post and blur the names then, or use Twitter where it's a handle not a name. You said it was mostly Pearson out. Come on.

Sounds like you'd just rather deflect to me.

Oh, and I know it's not difficult to search. I did search myself, I literally said that in my post, then said it didn't match up, so asked you to clarify.

Very odd response in general. Just admit you made it up.

You had the standard response back I see!

8 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

@TomF if enough people ignore a poster, is it possible to apply a “wisdom of the crowd” theory, and none of their posts show anywhere, for anyone?!

Please don't. Much as some posters / posts are hard going, I don't want an echo chamber like the gas boards....

I don't "do" twitter, so I could be wrong... but is it possible RMLF is being shown posts that reflect their views with others seeing a different story, tailored to their own history with the platform? 

7 minutes ago, semblar said:

Please don't. Much as some posters / posts are hard going, I don't want an echo chamber like the gas boards....

I don't "do" twitter, so I could be wrong... but is it possible RMLF is being shown posts that reflect their views with others seeing a different story, tailored to their own history with the platform? 

Not really. Depending on what they’d search they’d see a varied sample of tweets. 

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@TomFwhen you ignore a poster, is it possible to also not see their posts when others quote them too.  Thanks.

Used to be a 3rd party mod that did it but not sure it works anymore 

52 minutes ago, semblar said:

I was joking but there is some completely unfounded nonsense being pushed in this thread.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

image.thumb.png.1ba2b48d11bca5c1c675dff332474402.png
couldn’t find the original post so screenshot the quote.

MOST?

FIRMLY?

not seen that level of Pearson Out on Twitter on either of my accounts, nor on Facebook on 2 City fans sites, City til I Die and OSIB.

My view is that people are disappointed with the start to the season, and will be unhappy if it goes on.  I can’t say I’ve read more than one or two Pearson Out now.

I’ve highlighted elsewhere that Pearson’s record is the worst of any City Manager but have not said Pearson Out.  My concerns relate to what a manager is for.  It’s not just about picking the team and determining tactics.  Any manager in any walk of life needs to create a team of people who will work together and achieve something better as a team than they would as a bunch of individuals.  My worry is that in five months Pearson does not seem to have instilled sufficient passion in the players.  In the last minutes against Blackpool and Forest Green I didn’t see any players throwing their bodies in front of the ball.  Where was the passion? Where was the do-or-die let’s-get-over-the-line mentality?  That’s what really worries me - the players don’t seem to have a winning mentality and that is down to the manager.  All we’ve had so far is a very short new-manager bounce, and then dross ever since.  I agree that on paper this is a decent squad of players and they should be playing better and achieving better results than they are.  So why aren’t they?  That’s what I’d like to hear the manager explain.

Even Pulis and Lennartsson achieved better results with weak squads of players who didn’t seem interested in playing for them.

I want Pearson to succeed but I admire those who see any signs of significant progress so far.

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I’ve highlighted elsewhere that Pearson’s record is the worst of any City Manager but have not said Pearson Out.  My concerns relate to what a manager is for.  It’s not just about picking the team and determining tactics.  Any manager in any walk of life needs to create a team of people who will work together and achieve something better as a team than they would as a bunch of individuals.  My worry is that in five months Pearson does not seem to have instilled sufficient passion in the players.  In the last minutes against Blackpool and Forest Green I didn’t see any players throwing their bodies in front of the ball.  Where was the passion? Where was the do-or-die let’s-get-over-the-line mentality?  That’s what really worries me - the players don’t seem to have a winning mentality and that is down to the manager.  All we’ve had so far is a very short new-manager bounce, and then dross ever since.  I agree that on paper this is a decent squad of players and they should be playing better and achieving better results than they are.  So why aren’t they?  That’s what I’d like to hear the manager explain.

Even Pulis and Lennartsson achieved better results with weak squads of players who didn’t seem interested in playing for them.

I want Pearson to succeed but I admire those who see any signs of significant progress so far.

How can a manager install certain traits or  qualities in to another person? It’s impossible 

41 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

It's searching for terms directly, and then following discussions on a number of different platforms on Social Media from there. 

If you searched #Pearsonout, directly for example youd only get a few hits here and then some from other clubs. However not everyone would use that hashtag. #bcfc brings up a lot of Birmingham posts as well for example. 

So instead tailor terms and follow @tags etc. 

Doesnt take all that long tbh. same looking through conversations on Facebook posts etc. 

Deffo agree about the echo chamber nature. It'd be really dull without different views on the same topic. 

You can get a number of different twitter posts such as latest or trending on twitter. Other formats you'd have to mess about with format to search especially Facebook where it shows a selection by default rather than all, or in order, then algorithm city to see what you actually see opposed to what the platform wants you to see. 

I’d be interested to know how you’ve formed the opinion there’s a heavy NP out feeling on social media. I know you’re eager not to breach anyone’s privacy, but is there any way for you to share the posts you’ve seen whilst cropping/crossing out usernames?

52 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

It's searching for terms directly, and then following discussions on a number of different platforms on Social Media from there. 

If you searched #Pearsonout, directly for example youd only get a few hits here and then some from other clubs. However not everyone would use that hashtag. #bcfc brings up a lot of Birmingham posts as well for example. 

Doesnt take all that long tbh. same looking through conversations on Facebook posts etc. 

Deffo agree about the echo chamber nature. It'd be really dull without different views on the same topic. 

You can get a number of different twitter posts such as latest or trending on twitter. Other formats you'd have to mess about with format to search especially Facebook where it shows a selection by default rather than all, or in order, then algorithm city to see what you actually see opposed to what the platform wants you to see. 

Why are you searching for “PearsonOut” if you do not want him out?

Very odd thing to manifest itself organically. To then search for it and bring your “findings” back here is frankly absurd.

53 minutes ago, Rob k said:

How can a manager install certain traits or  qualities in to another person? It’s impossible 

By gaining trust, by getting players to buy into bigger pictures, by working with players on internalising the values and principles of the teams approach.

51 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Thanks for the education :) I know that some platforms push stuff towards the user, so I was wondering if there was a "technical" reason why different posters had different views on what was going on in social media regards NP.

I think there is common ground here (we ALL wish we had had a better start, results-wise). As with DH's start when some were mainly looking at the results (so were happy) and some were looking at performances (so were worried) we each take a view based on our individual preferences for the balance between the two, with an individual threshold for when results/performances are good enough to celebrate or poor enough to voice concerns or demand action. I'm still in the camp where I could see better performance against Blackpool (the only one I've seen instead of listened to) than last season's capitulation.

If the run continues there would be a sea change in fan feelings at some point...lets hope it doesn't!

21 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I’d be interested to know how you’ve formed the opinion there’s a heavy NP out feeling on social media. I know you’re eager not to breach anyone’s privacy, but is there any way for you to share the posts you’ve seen whilst cropping/crossing out usernames?

No, not without making them up first ???

10 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Yeah really, perhaps don't ask the person who's been stalked multiple times to engage in that behaviour, just to sate 'your satisfaction needs'. 

Keep throwing the 'accusation bombs' to try and prove a point if you want to, however it's not me coming off as a creep. 

Posting unredacted screenshots of other facebook is a new low even for this board. 

Yuk. 

'completely delusional'  isnt the best start, wonder why it's all the fiercely pro NP posters throwing around insults, yet those who want things to get better don't.

'know nothing'.? No, you dont agree with what I've said, and cant articulate a decent discourse, so instead, insult and belittle. 

Our players can't be 'weak of mind' and yet at the same time be able to compete, not compete, be the managers fault theyre shit, not be shit, be their fault  theyre shit and everything in between at the same time.

Different with a different manager wasnt it? Was all on the manager then, what changed? 

You described the collection of footballers currently at Bristol City as awesome.  So to you Callum O'Dowda and Chris Martin and all the others inspire awe??   If that is genuinely what you think then you need to have a word with yourself rather than arguing with the person who pointed out your delusion.

You also characterise yourself as one of the posters 'who want things to get better' and by very clear implication that I, as a 'pro-NP poster', don't.  I can only speak for myself and say the reason why I am supportive of the manager is because the only way for things to get better was to get someone in who would restructure the whole footballing side of the club which he has started doing.  Unfortunately the contractual situation for a number of players means they are stuck here.  These are the weak of mind.  The ones who failed to compete in an acceptable way during a lot of games last season.   It's because of them that I think SL went for  NP as he could see a massive shake up was needed, similar to when GJ took over from Tinnion.  Add to this the financial landscape whereby we are in a FFP straitjacket.  Clearly we need to move players on and I'm afraid a number of our awesome players are not attractive to potential buyers as they are paid more than they're worth. 

It never was entirely on the previous manager.  I'd  hold the Lansdowns and Ashton more culpable than Dean Holden for sure.  

1 minute ago, The Bard said:

You described the collection of footballers currently at Bristol City as awesome.  So to you Callum O'Dowda and Chris Martin and all the others inspire awe??   If that is genuinely what you think then you need to have a word with yourself rather than arguing with the person who pointed out your delusion.

You also characterise yourself as one of the posters 'who want things to get better' and by very clear implication that I, as a 'pro-NP poster', don't.  I can only speak for myself and say the reason why I am supportive of the manager is because the only way for things to get better was to get someone in who would restructure the whole footballing side of the club which he has started doing.  Unfortunately the contractual situation for a number of players means they are stuck here.  These are the weak of mind.  The ones who failed to compete in an acceptable way during a lot of games last season.   It's because of them that I think SL went for  NP as he could see a massive shake up was needed, similar to when GJ took over from Tinnion.  Add to this the financial landscape whereby we are in a FFP straitjacket.  Clearly we need to move players on and I'm afraid a number of our awesome players are not attractive to potential buyers as they are paid more than they're worth. 

It never was entirely on the previous manager.  I'd  hold the Lansdowns and Ashton more culpable than Dean Holden for sure.  

You can speak for me on the parts in bold too.

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, not without making them up first ???

Haha, thing is I genuinely don’t think there’s much NP out on there just yet. Granted if we lose next few (especially Swansea & Cardiff) you might see more.. but at present it feels like justified concern and frustration but caveated with the understanding that we are where we are. 

2 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Biggest load of rubbish posted on this forum for a fair while, and that's saying something.

I have barely seen any sensible City fan on Twitter calling for Pearson to go, it would only be from bot accounts and 12 year olds. Making it up to fit an agenda

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

That’s partly what management is all about, then creating a whole out of disparate parts and making it work.  Any manager who can’t get the players to adopt their methods, qualities and ethics may as well give up.

I want Pearson to succeed and certainly think it's way too early to judge definitively on this season but a positive performance and result would give a massive boost.

One thing that I just don't have clear in my mind is how players that did pretty decently up until January 2020 under Lee Johnson suddenly look so shambolic 18 months later.

Was LJ actually way more of a miracle maker than we think, getting mediocre players to play beyond their abilities? Was Holden such a terrible man manager that he completely destroyed the morale of the squad in eight months? Have we made signings that have completely poisoned the atmosphere amongst the squad? Have players grown bored and complacent and lost interest? Clearly the problems were there before Pearson arrived and I think we do need to be patient and give him time but, even as a type that, I know it is the opposite of what I'd say if we'd appointed a manager without Pearson's experience who'd got the same results.

I really want Pearson to succeed and I really hope he is the person to rebuild the culture of the club but I'm very aware I'm going off faith over evidence at the moment and I'd love to see something in the next game or two that makes me really see what Pearson is trying to do and how it might pay off. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Bloody social media, how do you know if they are supporters or gas?

Ask your mates what they think, much better than reading the utter shite posted online 

Oh..........

Archived