IGNORED

Pearson

Hampshire reds

1 minute ago, GodEmperor Palpatine said:

A couple of success stories...

Feel free to explain how he took us from yoyo L1 club to a top 12 Champ club.. Either LJ was a genius coach or he did a good job overall and you're just ******* delusional

Sign 55 players and treble the wage bill. Hardly difficult given the open chequebook. I thought we’d made that clear. 

8 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

How fortunate we are to be able to blame Ashton for his awful recruitment of players.  Oddly enough though while Dean Holden was manager, the opposite was true.  In February the manager was held entirely responsible for the team’s failings, and the general consensus seemed to be that we had a very good squad that Holden had been unable to get the best out of.  How times change.  What it is it about Pearson that makes people think he can walk on water?  Where is the evidence?

This.

A lot of "doubling down" going on.

I really hope NP can turn this around in time (and he will get plenty)  but the blind loyalty of some is almost cult like.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Steve's confirmed to you he's happy to foot the bill and that the affect on FFP won't further hamper our ability to bring in new players?

Not really, I don't advocate sacking managers either.. I'm highlighting a point. Plus FFP is a load of horseshit considering how the top clubs are circum-navigating around it

However Watford are where they are and we are where we are.

1 minute ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Scouting round social media after the game, Pearson Out stuff is massive, especially on Twitter. 

Seems only here that there's any persistent defence and that that defence is based on a) blaming everyone else or b) What is now very ancient history for those concerned. 

Alarming. Is there a post match presser anywhere to watch? 

Who would you like as manager of this football club, right now? Or is it anyone but Pearson?

I’m amazed at these threads or rather the activity.

Not because the subject isn’t worthy of discussion but because we are in an awful mess the making of which is down to Ashton and Lansdown.

I started following city when we were in Division 3 in the mid 80s, we got promoted to division 2 reached a league cup semi, ultimately bottled it, knocked around for a few seasons, went back to div 3, repeat etc.

Cue somebody telling me two promotions from division 3 in 20 years is success and trying to make out that this level of achievement wouldn’t have happened with different people in charge.

27 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Do you think that Cotterill was afforded the same patience that LJ was over his tenure?

I only hope that NP gets the loyalty that LJ got, not the loyalty that Cotts got. Loyalty that Cotts was deserving of, and LJ wasn’t. 

I think that the difference was that under Cotts (a) we were in the relegation zone and (b) he was making suicidal, stupid decisions like sticking to a 3-5-2 losing formula week in week out and deploying his subs when chasing the game on the 85th minute.
Under LJ, after we escaped from that relegation zone we never entered it again. 

I’m not calling for NPs head - that would be silly after 2 games, but I admit I expected slightly better from his side than 13 games without a win. 

Just now, Simon bristol said:

Why? Because some peoples opinion is different than yours?

Not at all. Plenty of people have different opinions than me on here. The difference is that here isn't jam packed full of sad trolls and Twitter is. Probably explains why you like it so much..................

Just now, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Id like for our current incumbent to show he's better than an 11% win ratio. 

I've said in the match thread to perhaps start keeping one eye on options 

It a present cant be any worse. 

Ah cool so other fans dont matter, right gotcha. If this keeps up AG is not going to be a fun place next home game ?

Ok so who please? Got any suggestions? Any actual names?

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Not at all. Plenty of people have different opinions than me on here. The difference is that here isn't jam packed full of sad trolls and Twitter is. Probably explains why you like it so much..................

The only difference between here and Twitter is that on here its filtered.

Just now, TomThumb84 said:

Ok so who please? Got any suggestions? Any actual names?

Howe would be a start

1 minute ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Id like for our current incumbent to show he's better than an 11% win ratio. 

I've said in the match thread to perhaps start keeping one eye on options 

It a present cant be any worse. 

Ah cool so other fans dont matter, right gotcha. If this keeps up AG is not going to be a fun place next home game ?

Not the lunatics on Twitter, no. Don't matter one iota. Couldn't give a flying **** about them. By the way, if that upsets anyone I couldn't care less.

23 minutes ago, GodEmperor Palpatine said:

It wasn't an open chequebook

Make your peace with Johnson doing a good job as manager and move on

Johnson did alright as manager ?

Never going to take us forward, but always able to arrest our yearly decline and fall from the top 2 or top 6 and not fall into a relegation battle.

Part of his challenge was that Aston and Lansdown kept telling everyone how much they really wanted to go and how they expected the club they had built, to do so.

**** knows why. Just because you build a stand you don’t suddenly become premiership quality.

19 minutes ago, GodEmperor Palpatine said:

It wasn't an open chequebook

Make your peace with Johnson doing a good job as manager and move on

What’s your definition of an open chequebook then?

Can you name anyone in charge of Bristol City who’s had even a quarter of the money LJ did? We’re now paying for those excellent 8th and 12th finishes. 

55 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Which is why some of us were disappointed when Nigel decided to keep on the coaching team that seemed to be having a negative effect under Holden.

I know we have a temporary coach with us for a few months at present. Perhaps it's too early to see what change, if any, Fleming can help bring about?

can coach organise all you like if players can’t read situations game manage be brave put bodies on the line want to win any challenge win headers what can you do can’t give players intelligence will to win and the balls for a battle. Can line them up in a formation. Put a defensive plan in place. Doesn’t matter if defenders don’t the ability to read things or the guts to win a header or show any commitment cant coach that

3 minutes ago, GodEmperor Palpatine said:

The only difference between here and Twitter is that on here its filtered.

Howe would be a start

Don Howe? Surely you cannot mean Eddie Howe. If we are just going to bung ridiculous names who we have no chance of getting out there fine. What about Fabio Capello? Hes kicking around looking for a basket-case club left in ruins…

Just now, TomThumb84 said:

Don Howe? Surely you cannot mean Eddie Howe. If we are just going to bung ridiculous names who we have no chance of getting out there fine. What about Fabio Capello? Hes kicking around looking for a basket-case club left in ruins…

Yes, Jokanovic was apparently a manager who would never be going back to the Championship either but here we are.

No reason why Eddie Howe wouldn't be considered if Pearson at one point is sacked. Pearson is a "name" who got a club promoted to the PL and we appointed him, so....

3 minutes ago, GodEmperor Palpatine said:

Yes, Jokanovic was apparently a manager who would never be going back to the Championship either but here we are.

No reason why Eddie Howe wouldn't be considered if Pearson at one point is sacked. Pearson is a "name" who got a club promoted to the PL and we appointed him, so....

Eddie wouldn't take it trust me on that one i also wouldn't want him but personal reasons for that !

6 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Like I've said made a suggestion in that thread, to keep one eye open. 

There's the seething hate. Fans it would appear can't voice their reaction unless it's on here. 

Oh Christ are we screwed. 

Thank you - one eye open for who? Who would you like?

3 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

There's the seething hate. Fans it would appear can't voice their reaction unless it's on here. 

Oh Christ are we screwed. 

Each to their own. I know a few of the more opinionated "fans" on Twitter, who they are, what they are and what they've done. I'll stick to my opinion you can stick to yours. As I say I don't mind people disagreeing with me but I'm more than happy to give Twitter a miss for my own reasons.

As for the highlighted bit perhaps take a small step back and remember what you say to others when you feel they are putting words in your mouth..............

Just now, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

start casting the net, just incase things don't pan out. I've written lots about managerial appointments in the past have a look through posts if you must. 

Easier if you just tell me here if you do not mind. Of the current managers out there, who would you appoint to turn our fortunes around?

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Can we stop blaming managers and see the situation for what it is, ie the failure of the owner and his damaging dream, more a nightmare for City, of Bristol Sport.

You can't argue with this 

Archived