IGNORED

Problems started a long time ago…

formerly known as ivan

Just hope NP sticks with us even if relegated.  Otherwise could be a dire period for the club over next decade

The real problem remains the ownership and its style.  Still believe real success will elude us until this issue works itself out

Buying new players might help. Currently sat with a squad that appears to only know how to lose. Pearson trying to make silk purses from pigs ears. I was going to say polish turds but that might be too harsh. 

Time for our mega rich owner to show some ambition and buy. Too much dead wood in the squad. 

Desperately need a striker. How is this not obvious to the people that run the club? 

Brentford have shown that it can be done within ffp. 

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

We weren't relegation fodder under LJ, we have been since he left. 

We were relegation fodder under Lee in his first full season, but he wasn't as useless as some of us thought, and he wasn't as brilliant as Lee appeared to think either.

He had a bit more opportunity to shape his squad than Nige has had so far as well. Nige hasn't even got a best player to sell and struggle to replace.

6 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Yes, you have a good point. With the trash that LJ brought in, we some how miraculously finished in the top half, with a chance of play offs in most seasons. I guess Lady Luck has deserted us at around the same point LJ got the chop. COYR 

11 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

LJ given far too long.

Replaced by completely the wrong person.

Ashton having any involvement in the club.

Forget managers and players, only thing we need to get this club moving in the right direction is a time machine!

We cannot keep blaming LJ. He’s been gone over 12 months 

As someone who was over the moon with the Pearson appointment, at some point he has to start taking responsibility. I didn’t expect anything this season, but the one thing I expected was for us to have improved on last seasons performances....and we haven’t. It really is absolutely dire 

I get it that he has inherited a bit of a mess, but we have enough quality and experience in this squad that we should be doing better then we are. 

25 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Buying new players might help. Currently sat with a squad that appears to only know how to lose. Pearson trying to make silk purses from pigs ears. I was going to say polish turds but that might be too harsh. 

Time for our mega rich owner to show some ambition and buy. Too much dead wood in the squad. 

Desperately need a striker. How is this not obvious to the people that run the club? 

Brentford have shown that it can be done within ffp. 

Brentford reinvested wisely. We haven't. We've blown £50m on bit part players across the past 5 years. Exceptions being Webster, and Brownhill.

I think we all need to remember we are Bristol City . And I’ve been following for 30 years . We all want to reach the promise land of course , but ever since I have been following we have spent most of our time in the 3rd division and yo-yo-ing between 2nd division . We have been more stable than we have for years . I agree at the moment the football is not great and we all hope it improves , but some people think we should be the best team in world let alone the championship . We are in the middle of a pandemic where so many clubs are struggling, and we need to count our self’s very lucky to have The Lansdown family, as with our them we would not have the stadium and training facilities we have now , and I can guarantee we would still be in league 1 with attendances of 9-11 thousand.

and it’s only been bloody 2 games into a season , over the last few seasons we started flying , and look where that got us . It’s a long season 

40 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

We’ve got to move on from what’s happened in the past.

That is the thing. As a team we are trying but those past mistakes are costing us today. The past is the reason we have no money. The past is the reason we have a mentally and physically weak side. The past  is the reason we have a mashup of players who don’t necessarily fit with each other. 

Think everyone here wants to move on. Just hard not to resent recent past mistakes that is making it hard for us as fans enjoy the football. We all want city to be the best version of themselves but we can’t get to that level currently

5 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Hopefully Nige is a better judge of a player then.....

He leaves it to the head of recruitment or scouts and players analysts and trusts their opinion.

In other words, he leaves it to the experts and they give him the players he wants. 

Worked at Hull and Leicester (Walsh). At Derby, Morris liked getting involved. Hence why it ended very badly.

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Totally different circumstances then. The previous manager was afforded the luxury of spending millions on players who then either sat on the bench or were loaned out. The current manager has not got that privilege.

The club is a mess in respect of the footballing side (which if you listen to some is only marginally more important than the new Lansdown stand or imminent hotel and conference centre) for which I don’t blame Pearson or Holden nor do I actually blame Johnson that much.

Lansdown and Ashton created this. I don’t know how Lansdown plans to solve it. 

If we are back in div 3 next season…..what a 20 years.

46 minutes ago, Bristolded1987 said:

I think we all need to remember we are Bristol City . And I’ve been following for 30 years . We all want to reach the promise land of course , but ever since I have been following we have spent most of our time in the 3rd division and yo-yo-ing between 2nd division . We have been more stable than we have for years . I agree at the moment the football is not great and we all hope it improves , but some people think we should be the best team in world let alone the championship . We are in the middle of a pandemic where so many clubs are struggling, and we need to count our self’s very lucky to have The Lansdown family, as with our them we would not have the stadium and training facilities we have now , and I can guard we would still be in league 1 with attendances of 9-11 thousand 

We're heading back that way with 4x the facilities and 4x the revenue invested.

Great progress that. Means naught if the oversight is zero.

Ultimately having all the facilities is nice, but with no overarching philosophy or plan, it means precisely nothing, i.e. compare out direction to clubs with a philosophy (Brentford, Swansea, among others the last 10 years).

43 minutes ago, Bristolded1987 said:

I think we all need to remember we are Bristol City . And I’ve been following for 30 years . We all want to reach the promise land of course , but ever since I have been following we have spent most of our time in the 3rd division and yo-yo-ing between 2nd division . We have been more stable than we have for years . I agree at the moment the football is not great and we all hope it improves , but some people think we should be the best team in world let alone the championship . We are in the middle of a pandemic where so many clubs are struggling, and we need to count our self’s very lucky to have The Lansdown family, as with our them we would not have the stadium and training facilities we have now , and I can guarantee we would still be in league 1 with attendances of 9-11 thousand.

and it’s only been bloody 2 games into a season , over the last few seasons we started flying , and look where that got us . It’s a long season 

Think the concern for many is the steady decline with the team. We ended the season in awful form last year, and we haven’t addressed that this season to date (admittedly only two league games). We have an unbalanced squad, with very little creativity. It appears our owner and chairman have taken their eye off the ball and this is the result. Personally I felt at the start of the season survival would be a successful season, and so far I see nothing to suggest otherwise. Simply put relegation for us would be a disaster 

I am not convinced relegation would be a disaster. 
It would be if SL remained in sole charge, but he has been looking, we don’t know how seriously, at bringing others in.  We need a reset at the top

It would be if we lost Pearson.  Have no idea whether he’d stay.  Guess it would relate to how much backing he got for signings.

We must reassess situation after 10 games.  Really hope Nige doesn’t do a Coppell if the situation then looks bleak

26 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

Totally different circumstances then. The previous manager was afforded the luxury of spending millions on players who then either sat on the bench or were loaned out. The current manager has not got that privilege.

It's pretty much the same players. 

19 minutes ago, Pezo said:

It's pretty much the same players. 

Apologies perhaps I should have make my point clearer.

I was talking about million pound player's like Engvall and Walsh both bought by the previous manager who never really fancied them and loaned them out or put them on the bench. The current manager has not got that privilege and will not get that privilege and seemly will have to cobble together a bargain basement team unlike the previous manager.

Archived