IGNORED

Team for Tuesday

Red Army 75

8pm kick off on Tuesday. Sold out away end . Expecting changes after a NPs comments . So 

DB

DS.            TK.            RA.           JD

HNM         MJ      AK

AW                          COD

NW   

Something like that maybe 

Seems highly unlikely that Vyner or Palmer will start, whether it is Simpson at RB or Kalas remains to be seen.

Lots of logic to the side named above, but hard to escape the feeling we are shuffling a lot of similar standard players in search of the right blend.

What I would say is that for me Kalas is by a distance our best centre back, so the 2 picked so far should be competing to partner him, not be paired in his place.

For as long as TK is with us, of course.

After working on 4231 all pre season I’d be amazed to see him scrap that after 2 games. 

Bents

Simpson.   Kalas.   Atkinson.     JD

James.   HNM

Weimann.        King.           COD

Wells

Lets not burn out Scott just yet, and King has been directly involved in both league goals so needs to stay in team. If COD isn’t fit I expect to see Bell or Janneh 

Just now, GrahamC said:

Seems highly unlikely that Vyner or Palmer will start, whether it is Simpson at RB or Kalas remains to be seen.

Lots of logic to the side named above, but hard to escape the feeling we are shuffling a lot of similar standard players in search of the right blend.

What I would say is that for me Kalas is by a distance our best centre back, so the 2 picked so far should be competing to partner him, not be paired in his place.

For as long as TK is with us, of course.

He's 2 to 3 weeks behind the others as us Wells.

I suspect they'll both play on Tuesday. 

1 minute ago, brad blit said:

After working on 4231 all pre season I’d be amazed to see him scrap that after 2 games. 

Bents

James.   HNM

Wells

Lets not burn out Scott just yet, and King has been directly involved in both league goals so needs to stay in team. If COD isn’t fit I expect to see Bell or Janneh 

If COD not fit I would have no worries playing Scott there. 

5 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Bents

James.   HNM

Wells

I’d be happy with that. Think it’s about the right blend in the circumstances. 

He will change formation -IMO.

Bentley

Kalas     Atkinson     Baker

HNM                                                  DaSilva

Bakinson       James

Weimann

Martin           Wells

For example.

Assuming NP wants to retain 4-2-3-1 and based on his comments re form to keep the shirt, then think those under most pressure from yesterday are Vyner, Weimann and Palmer. Martin not great, but not much to work with. Kalas and O’Dowda if fit, for Vyner and Palmer. Maybe Weimann hangs on whilst Semenyo not fit. Would also bring in Wells for Martin to see if makes it easier for Scott/King/James to create. 

57 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

It’s so frustrating that none of our attackers are prolific scorers. We need signings so bad. Just to create chances 

Not quite true Wells would be but unfortunately we don't have anyone delivering the crosses that someone like Wells needs 

1 hour ago, brad blit said:

Bents

James.   HNM

Wells

Burn out Scott? It’s the third league game of the season! If he is one of a few bright sparks currently then he has to play.

Pedri for Barca, at the age of 18, played 50+ games for them last season before then playing pretty much every minute of the euros and then the Olympics and is now back at Barca ready for the season ahead!

1 hour ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Id go 

Bentley 

Moore Kalas Atkinson Baker

King     Bakinson 

Massengo Scott Nagy

Conway 

Because why the hell not. 

Can’t see that working. We’re dysfunctional enough as it is without needlessly playing half the team out of position. 

I’d go with the following. Don’t mind which of Baker or Atkinson plays as long as Kalas plays right side. Need Wells to start. I’d like to see Bakinson in the more attacking midfield role - he is always looking to play forward, his height is useful, he can make forward runs and he has a goal in him. If COD is not fit I would play Scott on the left. 

Bentley

Simpson  Kalas  Baker/Atkinson Dasilva 

James  King 

Weimann  Bakinson  O’Dowda

Wells

Hang on, if you're picking a starting eleven you're going to have to decide on whether it's Baker or Atkinson that starts.

I like Bakinson, and when tuned in, he is a good attacking force. Not sure Nige trusts him though.

I think we'll be in for a torid time Tuesday.

17 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Burn out Scott? It’s the third league game of the season! If he is one of a few bright sparks currently then he has to play.

Pedri for Barca, at the age of 18, played 50+ games for them last season before then playing pretty much every minute of the euros and then the Olympics and is now back at Barca ready for the season ahead!

I don’t think he was as involved Saturday so why not give the lad a rest and give others a try to play for a starting spot - that’s what having a competitive squad is all about 

I think we need Massengos energy in the team, we also desperately need to find some pace from somewhere. No idea where. 

This has to be one of the slowest, most lethargic City sides in years. We are so easy to defend against. 

12 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Hang on, if you're picking a starting eleven you're going to have to decide on whether it's Baker or Atkinson that starts.

I like Bakinson, and when tuned in, he is a good attacking force. Not sure Nige trusts him though.

I think we'll be in for a torid time Tuesday.

Bakinson plays some good balls going forward, but drifts around the pitch too much with little urgency. I can’t see him being Nige’s type of player. 

36 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

I thought the 'because why the hell not' was a give away. 

Alas, maybe not

Well - ‘why the hell not’ is because it totally changes the personnel and plays most out of position.

I do think we need a few changes though, however round pegs in round holes where possible.

2 hours ago, brad blit said:

Bents

James.   HNM

Wells

Nor me BB.  I like that a lot.  A lot will depend on James and King being ok to go again.  I’d rather play my best team Tuesday than worry about Friday.  Might need to be careful with Dasilva, but players are gonna need to play 2 games in 4 days / 3 days fairly regularly this season.  Doubt it will be a million miles from that.

Archived