IGNORED

Team for Tuesday

Red Army 75

2 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

WTF has happened to joe williams again?  Are we ever going to see this man stake a claim for a place in the team?

In a parallel universe, he got a tight thigh at FGR and they are being cautious with him….out for a week(ish).

25 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Bentley

Simpson Kalas Baker Desilva

Nagy James King/HNM

Weimann Wells Janneh

Drop Vyner just not champ standard been saying it for years and Atkinson just isn’t ready I believe great with the ball but isn’t great defending, which is a CB job.

Some pace and movement up front 

That ought to be a decent championship side, with decent championship players, i cant explain why we are so awful??

For me;

Bentley

Simpson   Kalas   Atkinson     JD

James    King

Weimann        Wells           COD

Martin

You can call it 4-2-3-1,  4-4-2,  or 4-4-1-1, I don't care.

We need more up top, simples.

Edit: Looking at it, Wells and Martin could rotate their positions.

Have to admit I hadn't realised just how much trouble Reading were in. Was listening to Fighting Talk earlier and they were saying that in the League Cup they basically had to play the U18s. Very thin squad by all accounts, and not much optimism at all. Could we nick three points and get the season going?

On the team - I expect Kalas to come back in, possibly COD as well. Pearson said after Boro there will be changes.

From Pearson's after match I expect 2/3 changes. 
If we keep the same shape, and I think we will , it will be Baker out & Kalas in.
I have a feeling Scott might get a rest , COD coming in and Palmer moving central.
I wouldn't be surprised in Nhaki get's a start too. 

26 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Have to admit I hadn't realised just how much trouble Reading were in. Was listening to Fighting Talk earlier and they were saying that in the League Cup they basically had to play the U18s. Very thin squad by all accounts, and not much optimism at all. Could we nick three points and get the season going?

On the team - I expect Kalas to come back in, possibly COD as well. Pearson said after Boro there will be changes.

Home banker then.

Bentley

Vyner Kalas Atkinson Dasilva

James Massengo

Weimann Palmer COD

Wells

No need to tire out King and Martin. King hasn’t played much for past few seasons and we saw Martin break down last season. Pretty much same thinking with Baker although I like the balance better with Kalas RCB. 

COD for Scott as no need to burn the young man out. No problem with him being fresh legs late on though. Think we need one traditional wide player for balance too. 

3 hours ago, The Journalist said:

I will be very worried if he changes shape after two league games.

Be amazed if he did.

He made the point on Friday we played 3 at the back last season & struggled, so can’t see it.

Got a couple of decisions to make at the back, does he go to Simpson (who was dreadful v Villa), where does Kalas fit in, plus Wells and/or Martin, but the consensus in the majority of the sides in this thread shows it is a limited pool to pick from.

16 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

For me;

Bentley

James    King

Martin

Good team but I would put Wells upfront and leave out the very slow Martin. Then put Scott where Wells was. Get Wells to be mobile and Scott will set him up.

19 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

For me;

Bentley

James    King

Martin

Wells Martin rotation during a game . A thought but happy would work with Wells not convinced by Martin behind the main strikers though

7 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Wells Martin rotation during a game . A thought but happy would work with Wells not convinced by Martin behind the main strikers though

I've always thought of Martin as a Championship Teddy Sheringham, wasted as a lone target man really. Very clever player imo. 

13 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

What Im seen from Simpson he is No better than Vyner.. Blackpool, Forest Green and Boro no wins, will NP still play a back four? 352 , Kalas and Wells starting.

Simpson is a career full back.

He had a poor game against Villa but Vyner was shite last time out.

I'm pretty sure that Simpson will get the nod for the Reading game.

Could we not play a 433? Gets Wells in the side, without dropping Weimann or Martin, and as we don't really have any wide options then it would make sense to just play 3 central midfielders. Wells/Martin/Weimann performed well together in the early days of Holden's reign last season. I think HNM can add some much needed energy to the midfield too.

Bentley 

Simpson Kalas Baker Dasilva

James

King      Massengo

Weimann    Martin    Wells

Archived