IGNORED

Bomo - and Lloyd Kelly; a fans view

Hampshire Red

After a hearty Hampshire breakfast (or the Dorset border) i thought some may be interested in the Bomo view of Kelly and whats going on along the south coast. I fully appreciate ex-City players dont concern many on hear which is perfectly fine but to meet another 'old-style fan' who has also watche dhis team in all four divisions, he made some interesting remarks, some perhaps relevant to our position.

He loved the unexpected 10 years in the EPL despite it becoming plastic and him much preferring away games where the 'supporters' are much less critical and get behind the team more

He was one of 1100 odd that went to Forest, attendance 25k,to see their first win there. I think we only took 400 when we got our first win there (3-2 or 3-1, cant remember but it was poor support around Easter)

He loves Kelly who is now skipper and talks well on interviews - he says he always looks out for City results first.

He thought Howe was a magician (i wanted him as our manager before and then to replace Lee Johnson) BUT was very critical of Howe/his coaches for forcing their players to press too much and for over-training them. Interesting Kelly suffered strain injuries when arriving at Bomo as did Tyron Mings and many others who, since Howe was not their coach, have been injury-free. I know, it may be co-incidence.

He thinks Bomo will finish 4-8th and we will be mid table but ackowledges he doesnt know much about the Championship yet and bases his view on our manager, not our players. 

Parjker has gone with youth, youth, youth - av age 22 yesterday. Kelly is one of the more experienced and Kilkenny is Gavin not Neil!

Even with a decent start, he doesnt think their home ground will sell out to ST holders an d all games will go to 'general sale' now the plastics prefer to watch Manchester clubs on TV than see the home team in the Championship.

Nice bloke, and he wishes us well on Tuesday

13 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

After a hearty Hampshire breakfast (or the Dorset border) i thought some may be interested in the Bomo view of Kelly and whats going on along the south coast. I fully appreciate ex-City players dont concern many on hear which is perfectly fine but to meet another 'old-style fan' who has also watche dhis team in all four divisions, he made some interesting remarks, some perhaps relevant to our position.

He loved the unexpected 10 years in the EPL despite it becoming plastic and him much preferring away games where the 'supporters' are much less critical and get behind the team more

He was one of 1100 odd that went to Forest, attendance 25k,to see their first win there. I think we only took 400 when we got our first win there (3-2 or 3-1, cant remember but it was poor support around Easter)

He loves Kelly who is now skipper and talks well on interviews - he says he always looks out for City results first.

He thought Howe was a magician (i wanted him as our manager before and then to replace Lee Johnson) BUT was very critical of Howe/his coaches for forcing their players to press too much and for over-training them. Interesting Kelly suffered strain injuries when arriving at Bomo as did Tyron Mings and many others who, since Howe was not their coach, have been injury-free. I know, it may be co-incidence.

He thinks Bomo will finish 4-8th and we will be mid table but ackowledges he doesnt know much about the Championship yet and bases his view on our manager, not our players. 

Parjker has gone with youth, youth, youth - av age 22 yesterday. Kelly is one of the more experienced and Kilkenny is Gavin not Neil!

Even with a decent start, he doesnt think their home ground will sell out to ST holders an d all games will go to 'general sale' now the plastics prefer to watch Manchester clubs on TV than see the home team in the Championship.

Nice bloke, and he wishes us well on Tuesday

I may of missed something but whole are you talking about. A post like this is open ended. 

54 minutes ago, City oz said:

I may of missed something but whole are you talking about. A post like this is open ended. 

Well I for one learnt something ,never realised Bono was a big fan of Lloyd Kelly or had any interest in football in general.

When I googled it ,I still haven't found what I'm looking for. 

4 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Well I for one learnt something ,never realised Bono was a big fan of Lloyd Kelly or had any interest in football in general.

Oh god. This isn’t going to turn into one of those threads that just becomes pun based? I just don’t have the desire. 

8 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

You too...?

11 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

I’m on the Edge of my seat waiting for these puns to get started

I'm intrigued as to the mysterious ways fellow forum users will get these puns in - hopefully I'll be able to check back in this evening and sleep like a baby tonight

A guy I worked with had watched them in all 4 divisions. He enjoyed seeing the big teams, but also found the EPL very plastic. Biggest irritations were the TV kick off times, and the minuscule away ticket allocation at many grounds (They had a loyalty scheme, luckily for him). Not forgetting the plastic ‘fans’ who have suddenly disappeared. He’s also a big fan of Kelly, and thinks he’ll move on when they don’t get promoted… He’s predicting a massive struggle to stay in the Championship once the parachute money goes.

Archived