IGNORED

Might we have to accept relegation this season if it's a consequence of Pearson's longer 3 year rebuild?

Top Robin

9 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I tend to agree. Although I haven’t seen any of our football yet, reading the matchday threads has certainly been more positive than in recent years. 

just need to sign abit more quality up front. Hopefully Nagy goes soon and we raise funds for that. Even a couple loans would help. Even if it was panic stations come January I’m sure Lansdown will panic and give NP a large sum to get some players in 

It's far too early to be talking about relegation, but if things do get a bit iffy then how much is relegation going to cost the club?

Is it better to get some players in and sod FFP and take the fine? I personally have no idea what that fine would be though?

In short, no, I really hope not.

Relegation to League 1 would just compound our issues and magnify the scale of the rebuild required. Also note that there's always the possibility that we don't have an immediate return to the Championship (e.g. Sunderland). Being relegated back to L1 would be an enormous failure, regardless of whether we rebrand it as being "part of a rebuild". 

Anyway, IMHO we have enough at the club (squad, management team, facilities, finances etc) to avoid relegation. 

with some investment in the team like a right back and a winger plus a striker we should be ok. spend some money has to be cheaper than relagation. jury well and truly out on Pearson. its great having a nice stadium plus a training ground but the team is no way good enough. criticism heading my way from the usual ones. 

Relegation is never the answer and as a club we all know how tough and gruelling League 1 can be. Cotts took us up with relative ease in 2015 but there are no guarantees we will bounce back in 2 season if we went down again..

I think thankfully for us there will be 3 (at least) teams worse than us this season. Many of the fringe teams in the championship are in the same situation as us with very little capital to spend and have been unable to add the needed quality. I think we will be okay but as I’ve said in previous threads patience and transfer windows are needed for Pearson.

Most of us suggested prior to the start of the season that we would be content with finishing half way up the league - but expected to end up in the bottom third.

Relegation is a possibility for many teams, including us, but despite our start it’s far too early to even consider relegation.

For what it’s worth I believe Pearson will gradually turns things around. We need that ‘lucky break” to improve morale & self confidence. I’m of the firm opinion that Pearson can and will turn us around

If the club is heading towards relegation I somehow don’t think Pearson will be here to fulfill that disaster and can you imagine the uproar if Lansdown turns round and s ays don’t worry it was all part of the plan for the greater good. We wouldn’t t bounce straight back anyway. Relegation would have serious consequences that would take years to resolve.

It would be disaster. However, reading some of the comments here and on other topics highlighting the squad is more than good enough for top half/mid table. I would whole heartedly disagree. This is a relegation squad in my view. 

As I said before the Blackpool game. I’d take 21st right now. It’s going to be a very long season for Bristol City in my view. 

Archived