IGNORED

Reading away - match thread

Jerseybean

With the greatest of respect to Hav and others who usually get the match-day thread up-and-running I have taken the plunge and offer this very simplistic OS. 

Short trip to Reading where we have sold all of our allocated tickets, even though a number of City fans are reporting their ticket hasn’t arrived!

NP likely to make changes - may see NW and TK from the start, with AB and NB perhaps on the bench, if he’s fit I’d expect CoD to feature, maybe from the bench. 

Reading who had a good campaign last season have several injuries and are facing a ban on transfers.  

With another “local” team on Friday night at AG it’s an important few days with the opportunity to register our first win of the season.

Prediction - cheered on by a noisy following of the City faithful I’m sensing a 1-1 draw tonight. 

In previous games this season the opposition have allegedly been missing star players so I don't think this makes much difference. Unless we show dramatic improvement (here's hoping) it will be another defeat. I'm not expecting to see Vyner after his horror show at Boro, maybe Kalas at RB. Also think Massengo will be on at some point and maybe a start for Wells.

Following NPs comments after the Boro game re: having to work hard and play well to keep hold of the shirt, there has to be changes tonight. If he picks Vyner, Wiemann or Palmer to start again, he loses creditability I'd say. Hope he sticks to his guns and put 11 out who are prepared to give 100% for a win.

I’m not going I didn’t buy a ticket and tbh I’ve overspent this month, had a family death and I’m on the rampage, just finished work, I am a wreck now and need to calm the F down, I live close, I live in Basingstoke. So a match day bus just went past me going to the Reading stadium, had I known that I’d of come, I’m so conflicted

anyway play up City, we’re scoring, couldn’t even get a shot last year, do us proud and beat these pricks

8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I’ve got Reading to struggle this season and they’ve got 3 of their best players out tonight. Should be looking at a point minimum.  They will probably play 5-3-2 so just hope we don’t get dominated in midfield and actually pose some threat up front 

I (stupidly) had them to finish 7th, before I remembered they were under embargo, etc.  They have a good 11 or so players but lack depth imho.  When you lose a player like Joao and / or Ejaria is can weaken them.

Heres hoping. ? 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I (stupidly) had them to finish 7th, before I remembered they were under embargo, etc.  They have a good 11 or so players but lack depth imho.  When you lose a player like Joao and / or Ejaria is can weaken them.

Heres hoping. ? 

Heard some good things about Azeez who should start tonight.  

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I remembered they were under embargo

I don't think their embargo got mentioned much pre-season. Also, there's so many clubs under some sort of embargo (I think I heard it's 8 (eight)) that it's almost an unremarkable situation. They're not the club that gets the most coverage either - a bit like us in that regard, so I hadn't realised either.

Agreed they've a decent first XI but beyond that it's youth. Look at their EFL cup XI - that included Puscas - that lost to Swansea. Very young. 

Possibly a game to keep level in and wait for the first XI to tire or be replaced by inexperienced players that we can then turn the screw on in the final third of the game? Not sure if we're capable of turning the screw but this might be one where game management is more important than personnel or straight tactics.

34 minutes ago, WWred said:

Just seen the highlights from one of my favourite away days back in '09 - We did them 2-0 and it felt like a home game the atmosphere in the away end that day!

Was that really 12 years ago? Christ where did that go, has to be one of my favourite ever away days parking at the hotel 4 pints followed by fish and chips from just across the road followed by an away win, happy days.

Archived