IGNORED

Reading away - match thread

Jerseybean

Hate to say it but I think that’s the worst starting attacking front I’ve seen us field in a champ game since we’ve gone up from L1. It just doesn’t feel me with any hope at all. Really hope they prove me wrong and install some confidence back! That would be a delight. 

1 minute ago, DaveF said:

Could just be squad rotation...

Yeah might be - that works for good squads of in-form confident players.

Id hope a club that’s not won in 13 just has to be the best available XI? 

Could Pring be one of three central defenders?? Looks an odd line up to me but hopefully Nige hits a winning combination soon! 

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Do you think Nige is trying to force a move for Wells? Then use that money for a striker that NP wants.

I think that’s pretty clear. He’s already gone on record to say he’s been told to reduce the wage bill and Wells is one of our biggest earners. 

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

To be fair Martin seems to be an important player in how the team plays. No problem him being in if that's the case. Wells in might mean a very different way of playing Nige hasn't worked on so much.

Interesting to see who plays left wing. Pring is stronger, taller and a bit quicker. But Dasilva is actually a very capable defender. In some ways he's pretty solid actually at this level.

Really 50/50 on who that left winger will be. I think Pring loves to make runs from deep..but it also suits Dasilva playing left back. Dasilva is the much more skillful in tight positions, so in some ways that suits him to play further forward more than Pring.

Really glad Kalas is back in. Interesting it's for Baker who played well last game. Atkinson being quicker than Baker and Kalas being very quick, it might give us a chance to play a higher line..but then you have Simpson as a part of that line! Really hope he looks sharper tonight.

I’d be shocked if Dasilva is playing LW. Surely has to be Pring? 

3 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Pearson has just said on Radio Bristol that we don’t have much width at the club….. in which case why has he stocked up on even more central midfielders? 

Because the midfielders at the club either cannot stay fit or not good enough. I'm sure he will want to make more signings and changes if he could unfortunately the previous regime left us up shit creek. 

18 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Nige really likes Scott doesn’t he?

15 minutes ago, M.D said:

Who doesn't ?

Well…

11 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Take Bentley and Kalas out that staring line up and we look awful.

We look like a team destined for L1

No Wells again is disgraceful. 

There are no goals in the team.

COD & Williams out again. Not like them to miss a game…

There’s always one.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

I’d be shocked if Dasilva is playing LW. Surely has to be Pring? 

I think it's likely to be Pring too, but if you can get players around Jay (Scott?) so he can pass rather than have to cross I reckon he could do a decent job there. He's excellent with the ball at his feet.

18 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I swear I almost posted an argument for playing both Pring and Dasilva earlier tonight and then backed out of doing so as I thought everyone else would think it was a stupid idea!

Oh hi Nigel, nice of you to pop on the forum. You go for it. With the benefit of hindsight we reserve the right to say it was a stupid idea after of course if it all goes wrong.

10 minutes ago, tin said:

I think that’s pretty clear. He’s already gone on record to say he’s been told to reduce the wage bill and Wells is one of our biggest earners. 

But if we replace Wells with a championship goal scorer of the same quality he will want the same sort of wages Wells is on or even more.

Archived