IGNORED

Reading away - match thread

Jerseybean

Massive, massive win. Some great play, some dodgy moments of course,, nerve wracking watch for the last 20 mins but committed performance saw us through.  Hopefully that will be a huge confidence boost and the start of long awaited ongoing improvement. Bring on Friday, any kind of win against Swansea and we’ll be back. 

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Anyone else getting the Gary Johnson feeling? Poor start to his Management, then turning it around with what seemed inferior players who were prepared to run through walls for each other.

Let’s bloody well hope so 

Phew I was recently hospitalised with very high blood pressure (hypertension) now taking loads of tablets and I can tell you city do not help my BP at all ? A good win in the end which we really should have made it easier than it sounds but a win is a win and its been a long time.... lets take the confidence of winning and not conceding a late goal and try and push forward. I'm not medically sure I can take watching us Friday ?

Just now, keflav said:

Phew I was recently hospitalised with very high blood pressure (hypertension) now taking loads of tablets and I can tell you city do not help my BP at all ? A good win in the end which we really should have made it easier than it sounds but a win is a win and its been a long time.... lets take the confidence of winning and not conceding a late goal and try and push forward. I'm not medically sure I can take watching us Friday ?

Keep calm and taking the tablets fellow red. Be well soon ...

What a result tonight. Unexpected high intensity in the first 15 minutes won us the game. Fans sounded awesome tonight even before we scored. 

First home win since January 26th(I think!) Friday night will make for a cracking weekend?! Win by 5 goals and we'll go top haha! 

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apologies for repeating myself over and over but I never tire of saying on it here - Weimann is the most intelligent, and best, footballer at our club ... great result tonight, superb feeling - time for a Malbec - cheers all! ????

He’s so unappreciated by City fans, really missed him last season

30 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Weird win. Real stat buster if you look at possession, shots on target etc. Reading completed 447 passes to our 170 in that match...couldn't do too much with it though I guess.

Nice to get three points, but we're not going to play a team like that every week. 

That's where stats (or those ones, at least) don't tell the full story.

I think we deserved to win that. I made it 25 minutes of pressure and domination 1st half and then maintained a passive control for the rest of that half.

Then the 3rd goal makes it inevitable that we soak up pressure thereafter. 

The 2nd Reading goal was both brilliant and flukey in that Moore was well out of his comfort zone and made a strange connection for the shot which found an impossible corner of the net.

Ultimately, it was a very sound away performance.

1 minute ago, dazza247 said:

What a result tonight. Unexpected high intensity in the first 15 minutes won us the game. Fans sounded awesome tonight even before we scored. 

First home win since January 26th(I think!) Friday night will make for a cracking weekend?! Win by 5 goals and we'll go top haha! 

Good point, our fans were brilliant 

38 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Feels like a huge win today. On to Swansea.

Well done to Weimann, hope Pring’s knock isn’t too bad.

Taking King and Pring off immediately they got a knock is something we wouldn’t have seen under previous regimes 

Just now, mozo said:

I think we deserved to win that. I made it 25 minutes of pressure and domination 1st half and then maintained a passive control for the rest of that half.

The 2nd Reading goal was both brilliant and flukey in that Moore was well out of his comfort zone and made a strange connection for the shot which found an impossible corner of the net.

Ultimately, it was a VERY entertaining game of football. Quality? Who the hell cares, edge of the seat stuff, and that's what it's all about folks.

Just now, The Original OTIB said:

Ultimately, it was a VERY entertaining game of football. Quality? Who the hell cares, edge of the seat stuff, and that's what it's all about folks.

You could tell early on it had goalfest potential!

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

Good point, our fans were brilliant 

I've not said I don't think we deserved to win. I agree, we won fairly. My point is that the type of performance we saw tonight won't deliver the same result on many other occasions.

Archived