IGNORED

Reading away - match thread

Jerseybean

58 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Weird win. Real stat buster if you look at possession, shots on target etc. Reading completed 447 passes to our 170 in that match...couldn't do too much with it though I guess.

Nice to get three points, but we're not going to play a team like that every week. 

See now youve got a downer on it.

Can't you let us have say five minutes of enjoyment.?

Just now, Northern Red said:

Interesting comment about Pring and how he'd told Nige at the end of last season that he'd felt like he wasn't part of the club with being out on loan so much. You can bet he's not the only one who's felt like that in recent years.

Absolutely but you can see the impact NP has had on Pring. Picked him up put his arm around him and now playing in the first team. Pring will run through brick walls for NP now. That is the culture he’s trying to build and one we will all get behind. Well most of us NR

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I think so I would put Bakinson in there as well. Nige has no time for moaners and sulkers. I love that 

He’d better not come onto this forum then.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Weird win. Real stat buster if you look at possession, shots on target etc. Reading completed 447 passes to our 170 in that match...couldn't do too much with it though I guess.

Nice to get three points, but we're not going to play a team like that every week. 

More to football than stats.  We created the better chances and deserved to win. Not weird at all. 

3 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Yes, he is

I have no idea how you can think he's fuming from that video. 

He knows it isn't a perfect performance and there's a lot to improve still, but he seems a lot calmer and buoyant than other post game interviews. 

Glad to bag 3 points, but we certainly seem my to make it hard for ourselves.  Having been to up twice we should not have ended up with squeaky bum time again.

Pleased to see Cam Pring have a good game and Alex Scott looking like he can become something quite special.

Andy Weimann deserved his brace and was really hoping he would get a hat-trick.  Chris Martin getting one too was nice.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

He is when played centrally. Said it for ages. Always felt he's been fitted in around others. Plays his best centrally. Less so when wider.

Many on here forget that one of the reasons A.W. came here was because he could play in his favoured central position instead of being used wide where he was.

OK, that didn't work out for him but I love his professionalism in there being no outward signs of sulking or lack of commitment to the team.

I'd always liked the idea of Martin and Andi close in the middle. 2 clever players together.

A.W. may not be as clinical a poacher as the QPR Wells, but he will spot and make the runs to put himself in scoring positions more often.

Martin is a player that's aware of his surroundings and should be a good provider, as long as others are close enough. 

6 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

There's something especially satisfying about beating this mob. ???

The epitome of a club and fans only following the money, anyone who went to Elm Park where we outnumbered the home crowd on aeveral occasions will know what I mean.

Just got back.

Overall, that’s about as good as City can play.

Perform like that in a regular basis and we won’t be going down.

Pring was great, Scott was good (final ball/pass often just off but it’ll come) Atkinson fantastic.

Yes the two goals weren’t great, but they switched off for our first, that’s football.

Fir all of this weeks debate, I would love to know who the other manager is who could come in and begin to sort the mess out more positively.

Lets get at the opposition again on Friday 

42 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

He's fuming despite the win. 

Eek

Far from fuming, knows we could and should have seen the game out in a less nervous and frenzied fashion but when you haven't won for 10+ games, that's what it gets like, even for seasoned professionals. Playing channels and corners, 'gamesmanship' NP called it, others would call it 'shithousery'. NP knows what it takes to win. But he's far from fuming.

Can I say Matty James - brilliant signing from what I've seen of him. The player we missed since Pack, he outmuscled their midfield so much today. Someone around me says he looks poor, couldn't believe it. Was outstanding tonight I thought.

What a feeling, something good about Reading too

Terrific performance tonight, both players and management.

How refreshing to see us getting the ball forward quickly, with a bit of devilment and adventure and sod the sideways, backwards 'possession by inches' we've suffered these past few seasons.

We won't be able to rely on the front two putting in the shifts they did tonight (jeez did they cover some ground,) but there was a decent balance of youth and experience and we were much better organised.

To those after Pearson's head claiming he wasn't happy at the end, it's great to report he was down on the sidelines where it matters and only for one brief moment went 'hairdryer' and that to the obvious candidate in the dying embers who was standing-off and being lightweight whilst the rest gave their all.

Terrific show fellas.

Onwards and upwards.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Interesting comment about Pring and how he'd told Nige at the end of last season that he'd felt like he wasn't part of the club with being out on loan so much. You can bet he's not the only one who's felt like that in recent years.

Really insightful interview.

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

More to football than stats.  We created the better chances and deserved to win. Not weird at all. 

But the stats and your favourite xG completely bear out what happened. ???

image.thumb.png.d5b7777d9e453bca75467200543cd829.png

Archived