IGNORED

Matty James.

steviestevieneville

1 minute ago, RedEyez said:

The CM we have been crying out for .

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Proper leader. The complete midfielder at this level

1 minute ago, Red Army 87 said:

A proper all rounder in midfield. Excellent passing, energy and reading of the game. 

Wow. ok. I had to check that he was still on the pitch second half. Just goes to show. I thought he had zero influence on the game contributing to us being unable to get any control.

Just now, Will Rollason said:

Wow. ok. I had to check that he was still on the pitch second half. Just goes to show. I thought he had zero influence on the game contributing to us being unable to get any control.

Wow. Ok. I thought he was excellent in and out of possession. 

21 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

I don't think he had ZERO influence on the game, but I thought there were some times he could/should have got his foot on the ball and ensured the team kept possession.

His delivery from set pieces is excellent though.

17 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Very unselfish player . 

Both James and King show the benefit of the skill of knowing where to be - being positionally strong makes things so much easier for them and their team mates. Maybe less madcap scampering hither and thither, but if you’re already where you need to be…

36 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Missed tonight's game: Did King play more advanced today?

I didn't love them both in the 2 of the 4-2-3-1 vs Boro...Looked like NP may have tweaked that and played King higher or wider with Cam in?

They do get acquainted...

Have to agree.  Rolls Royce at this level.  Superb performance, high energy (something I wasn't necessarily expecting from him, had him as more of a Pack type sitter) and class to go with it.  Faded a little towards the end but to be expected given the influence on the first 60-70 mins.  

Great signing.  Model pro.  

3 hours ago, RedEyez said:

The CM we have been crying out for .

A younger and hopefully fitter version of Gary O’Neil.  Hoping his missed years of playing give him longevity.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

No both in a 2 again. James advances slightly more, but definitely a partnership with Scott, Weimann and Pring from right to left in front of them.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

2 hours ago, mozo said:

I didn't notice King so much 

King was really disciplined tonight, formed a protective triangle with Simpson to not expose Scott and our right side defensively.  Off the ball he stopped Laurent probing into that inside left (our right) position, but cutting passing lanes and not getting caught out of position.  Crucial role.  In some respects we did lose a bit of defensive structure when he went off.  Massengo brought energy which was needed too though.

With the ball, King was quiet….but it meant James was busy and expressive.  I call that a good pairing ???

James was, and is what we’ve missed since we sold Pack. 
He will only get stronger, and with Williams, HNM, King we have a very strong quartet to chose from and rotate. 

I’m not sure where Bakinson fits in be those 4. 

I’ve written off Nagy, 1 because he’s not suited to this league, and 2 because he wants to leave. 

James is the type of player who will have the fickle AG fans moaning, 'doesn't get forward much, doesn't pass it much, doesn't do much does he?"

They will not see or care he tracks all over the park sticking to players like s**t to a blanket, harrying, niggling the opposition, breaking things up, nicking the ball, laying it off short and quick. In short, the type of player we've been crying out for & much need.

1 minute ago, Shuffle said:

Thought he was outstanding last night & lost count of the times he won the ball back for us. Very strong & got about the pitch really well.

There's also the bit the moaners fail  to get and the stats rarely report. Reading made untold errors last night. They weren't all unforced, many were because the likes of James were putting pressure (sometimes the threat of pressure,) on the opposition.

Archived