IGNORED

Matty James.

steviestevieneville

2 minutes ago, AshtonYate said:

Absolute class act.  Everything NHM isn't. 

Give it a rest.

Massengo is a fantastic talent who Johnson ruined. Pearson clearly knows better and the kid was excellent when coming on last night, for he plays the quick, forward game, not the utterly dull, backward crab, death by inches trash Johnson tried, unsuccessfully, to impose. God forbid he begins to display the natural talent and exuberance he showed when first arriving.

19 minutes ago, AshtonYate said:

Absolute class act.  Everything NHM isn't. 

Who ? 
If you’re on about massengo . He’s a 19 year old kid learning his trade , give it a rest . Only thing he should of done was bring Moore down & take a yellow card for the second goal but he'll learn . He was excellent when he came on otherwise. 

14 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Give it a rest.

Massengo is a fantastic talent who Johnson ruined. Pearson clearly knows better and the kid was excellent when coming on last night, for he plays the quick, forward game, not the utterly dull, backward crab, death by inches trash Johnson tried, unsuccessfully, to impose. God forbid he begins to display the natural talent and exuberance he showed when first arriving.

I'm sorry, you can blame LJ for a lot of things, but you can't blame him for ruining Massengo.   Can someone please explain to me what Massengo actually does? He hasn't scored, he hasn't made a single assist and he can't defend, as proven again last night for Readings 2nd.  He's been here playing for 2 years!

And don't tell me "he's still young" as Alex Scott is doing it and has even got an assist!!!!!! He's played 3 games.  

So I'm not having it.  

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Who ? 
If you’re on about massengo . He’s a 19 year old kid learning his trade , give it a rest . Only thing he should of done was bring Moore down & take a yellow card for the second goal but he'll learn . He was excellent when he came on otherwise. 

Okay, we will have to respectfully agree to disagree.  I get that he's young, but can't see anything from him to suggest he's going to get better.  As above, Alex Scott is doing it and he's 17.   At what point do we need to start seeing a return from NHM? 20, 21, 22?  At what age is it okay to start expecting him to contribute something?

11 minutes ago, AshtonYate said:

I'm sorry, you can blame LJ for a lot of things, but you can't blame him for ruining Massengo.   Can someone please explain to me what Massengo actually does? He hasn't scored, he hasn't made a single assist and he can't defend, as proven again last night for Readings 2nd.  He's been here playing for 2 years!

And don't tell me "he's still young" as Alex Scott is doing it and has even got an assist!!!!!! He's played 3 games.  

So I'm not having it.  

Ever watched City play?

Just now, AshtonYate said:

Okay, we will have to respectfully agree to disagree.  I get that he's young, but can't see anything from him to suggest he's going to get better.  As above, Alex Scott is doing it and he's 17.   At what point do we need to start seeing a return from NHM? 20, 21, 22?  At what age is it okay to start expecting him to contribute something?

We all got opinions but I really can’t see what you’re missing about this lad . He’s tenacious , on the front foot, great energy , breaks  up play, was heavily involved in the build up when we hit the post late on . I’m sure there’s a lot more to come from him going forward as well . You can’t compare him with Scott, completely different players . Plus all players mature at different rates. I can bet you Alex Scott will have a drop off in form & get taken out of the side because he’s a kid still developing, and when it happens , some will be coming on here saying he’s not that good etc etc but he’ll come back better , just as Han has. I can see a big change in HNM since NP has come in. 

8 minutes ago, AshtonYate said:

As above, Alex Scott is doing it and he's 17.

Not knocking Scott, who did a half tidy job last night protecting Simpson, but the reason Massengo was brought on is because Scott, in his youth and over-exuberance, proved over-elaborate and ceded cheap possession too often second half. Massengo helped shut up shop.

28 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Give it a rest.

It was Holden who didn't want Massengo and ruined his confidence. Johnson was breaking him in just the right amount I think. I know he's an easy target to criticise, but let's not rewrite history and pretend EVERYTHING Johnson did from 2016-2020 was awful. 

6 minutes ago, AshtonYate said:

10 minutes ago, AshtonYate said:

So I'm not having it.  

Goals and assists aren’t his game. If you want a comparison it is an Ngolo Kante type. He brings an energy and aggression to defending and pressing. He isn’t a holding midfielder but more a defensive box to box midfielder. His main problem has been playing in a side that doesn’t really pressure opposition. The goals and assists will come but it won’t be a large part of his game. 

14 minutes ago, AshtonYate said:

So I'm not having it.  

Sorry , but this statement is very typical of someone who watches the game but , um doesn’t actually watch the game. Do you just ball watch all match ? 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

We all got opinions but I really can’t see what you’re missing about this lad . He’s tenacious , on the front foot, great energy , breaks  up play, was heavily involved in the build up when we hit the post late on . I’m sure there’s a lot more to come from him going forward as well . You can’t compare him with Scott, completely different players . Plus all players mature at different rates. I can bet you Alex Scott will have a drop off in form & get taken out of the side because he’s a kid still developing, and when it happens , some will be coming on here saying he’s not that good etc etc but he’ll come back better , just as Han has. I can see a big change in HNM since NP has come in. 

I hope so mate, and some good points. I really want HNM to do well. 

Just now, AshtonYate said:

You have to take into account it’s a foreign league to him as well. He’s come here at 17 & bought into being in England . He’s definitely progressing & will learn tons off of Andy king & Matty james. 

1 minute ago, AshtonYate said:

The other thing to consider is that HNM is naturally slight. Whilst not a prerequisite to being able to perform, it definitely helps at this level to have a bit of strength if playing his role. As he naturally fills out over the next few years it'll help his game. 

Another player who started out as very small and slight, Bobby Reid, took until 24 to show what he can do. 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It was Holden who didn't want Massengo and ruined his confidence. Johnson was breaking him in just the right amount I think. I know he's an easy target to criticise, but let's not rewrite history and pretend EVERYTHING Johnson did from 2016-2020 was awful. 

Utter rubbish.

If you saw his performances when he first arrived (especially away from home,) they were marked by a, heads up, get forward quickly  attitude every time he got the ball. The absolute anthesis of the possession, death by inches crab crap Johnson played as a player and incorrectly thought to be a solution as manager. He ruined Massengo by forcing him to play his system (sic), as he did many other players.

Last night the crowd reaction told all as to what we've been missing under Johnson & his legacy. Quick attacking football. It's as though some had forgotten it even existed.

Just now, BTRFTG said:

Utter rubbish.

If you saw his performances when he first arrived (especially away from home,) they were marked by a, heads up, get forward quickly  attitude every time he got the ball. The absolute anthesis of the possession, death by inches crab crap Johnson played as a player and incorrectly thought to be a solution as manager. He ruined Massengo by forcing him to play his system (sic), as he did many other players.

Last night the crowd reaction told all as to what we've been missing under Johnson & his legacy. Quick attacking football. It's as though some had forgotten it even existed.

It's not rubbish - Holden wasn't a fan and wanted to get rid. This isn't a discussion about Johnson in terms of his legacy and "quick attacking football", it's about Massengo.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

It's not rubbish - Holden wasn't a fan and wanted to get rid. This isn't a discussion about Johnson in terms of his legacy and "quick attacking football", it's about Massengo.

What is it with Johnson and his acolytes? Like their deity they just don't get it's about playing to players strengths, not what balls come out of the old man's tombola and must fit into the ponderous and unsuccessful system I myself played as a player.

But you and your like won't see it, never will.

Hopefully a new dawn is on the horizon and if last night is anything to go by it'll be an entertaining horizon at that.

Just now, BTRFTG said:

What is it with Johnson and his acolytes? Like their deity they just don't get it's about playing to players strengths, not what balls come out of the old man's tombola and must fit into the ponderous and unsuccessful system I myself played as a player.

But you and your like won't see it, never will.

Hopefully a new dawn is on the horizon and if last night is anything to go by it'll be an entertaining horizon at that.

He doesn't have "acolytes" or "me and my like" - just people who like to keep debate and discussion sensible. You don't have to group fans just because they hold you to account and/or disagree with what you say. Pinning every single failure on Johnson and making weird personal comments about him (as you did the other day and have done for ages) is childish and you can do better.

40 minutes ago, AshtonYate said:

So I'm not having it.  

There was one point last night where he chased back, made a perfect tackle and came away with the ball. Lovely stuff.

A couple of minutes later he surged into the box, and the defender had to be careful not to clip him from behind. Massengo played the ball out wide where we wasted a few seconds.

32 minutes ago, AshtonYate said:

Yes. But even if I wasn't, does that mean I couldn't have an opinion? 

Not at all- everyone is entitled to their opinions, and a little quote I like to use is, YOUR opinion can't be wrong! ;)

The reason I asked is, when HNM came on, he added some much needed energy, and his break through midfield, past a few players showed to me that he has really upped his strength.

The 2nd goal he could've done more, but you could also throw into the mix that for the 20 yards Moore carried the ball, no one else came to meet him, as we all backed off.

In MY opinion, HNM is going to be a big player for us this season!

4 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Not at all- everyone is entitled to their opinions, and a little quote I like to use is, YOUR opinion can't be wrong! ;)

The reason I asked is, when HNM came on, he added some much needed energy, and his break through midfield, past a few players showed to me that he has really upped his strength.

The 2nd goal he could've done more, but you could also throw into the mix that for the 20 yards Moore carried the ball, no one else came to meet him, as we all backed off.

In MY opinion, HNM is going to be a big player for us this season!

I kind of disagree with you there, HNM is trying to get goal side of him, but lacks the pace, you can see the commitment, he just couldn't quite get there, what was disappointing is no other player was trying to support him, if just one of the defenders step out then that goal could of been stopped (granted it was a tidy finish)

Archived