IGNORED

Matty James.

steviestevieneville

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I kind of disagree with you there, HNM is trying to get goal side of him, but lacks the pace, you can see the commitment, he just couldn't quite get there, what was disappointing is no other player was trying to support him, if just one of the defenders step out then that goal could of been stopped (granted it was a tidy finish)

Yup, watched it again this AM, Weimann is probably best placed to "meet" Moore as moves forward with HNM chasing, and to be honest, a CB, from 25 yards with that many bodies back, you'd be saying- "shoot" 9 times out of 10.

Poor goal, just glad it didn't cost us any points!

He's a good player. Understands what role he's expected to play within the team, applies himself professionally and the for most part is effective whilst on the pitch.

Happy he's here.

Incidentally, I'm beginning to think that Atkinson could become a very similar asset for us.

5 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Utter rubbish.

If you saw his performances when he first arrived (especially away from home,) they were marked by a, heads up, get forward quickly  attitude every time he got the ball. The absolute anthesis of the possession, death by inches crab crap Johnson played as a player and incorrectly thought to be a solution as manager. He ruined Massengo by forcing him to play his system (sic), as he did many other players.

Last night the crowd reaction told all as to what we've been missing under Johnson & his legacy. Quick attacking football. It's as though some had forgotten it even existed.

FWIW I think LJ’s rigid tactics stifled HNM’s natural game.  Not sure it ruined him per se….but your summary of his early games is spot on and is the kind of play we’ve started to see again under NP.

Its good to see more of the “old” (?) Massengo under NP.  Was going nowhere under Holden.

16 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

There’s a few that could be singled out tonight in what was a very good high energy performance . Played some decent stuff at times with some decent movement. 
Matty James stands out though for me . Thought he was outstanding .

Absolute class before every game in the warm ups you see him talking to players etc etc Its just intelligence as a player and experience that brings the quality during games Alex Scott and pring also other young players will only benefit having him to play alongside, I'm honestly looking forward to when Pearson can sign more players not disappointed yet.

33 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Had to bump this after last night 

thought he looked a tidy player and had a good game 

Agree. Thought he was absolutely fantastic last night. Going to be a really important part of the jigsaw going forwards.  Would make him skipper personally as well. 

Grimes is a great player at that level for sure but the Sky love in for him compared to Matty James was bullshit. The bloke is just class for the division, sad that he isn’t playing Premier League football. Could still be part of the squad at Leicester had he not had a catastrophe of injuries

Archived