IGNORED

Rob Atkinson

Tully Bascomb

1 hour ago, eardun said:

What surprises me is that Atkinson was still playing non-league at the start of last year. Shows you that there are some gems out there if you look hard enough. 

Suspect he has the profile of:

• been at a big club (Fulham) got let go
  • hungry to get back up the levels

Fair play to Oxford for doing the first bit of scouting.

More fair play to Oxford, I thought Rob Dickie was a bit suspect, but as last season went on he improved a lot.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Suspect he has the profile of:

• been at a big club (Fulham) got let go
  • hungry to get back up the levels

Fair play to Oxford for doing the first bit of scouting.

More fair play to Oxford, I thought Rob Dickie was a bit suspect, but as last season went on he improved a lot.

Yes Oxford did well. We’ve done well to get him as well considering he was in the league one team of the year last season so no longer below the radar. 

8 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

Shame we didn't pick up Ethan Pinnock when he was at FGR, now playing CB for Brentford in the PL. There's a local player we should have been all over.

He will go to a big club sooner or later. We haven't seen the best of him yet imo.

We need to sort out our scouting and recruitment now we have got rid of the wannabe football expert Ashton so we pick up more players like Atkinson early on.

I couldn’t be much more pleased with the summer business. The squad was very bloated and we’ve trimmed so much deadwood, and in bringing in Atkinson and Matty, replaced said deadwood with real quality. King has been a nice surprise too. Brilliant first window by Pearson.

Archived