IGNORED

Some Interesting Stats

Port Said Red

I am sure that @Davefevsis busy making graphs of them as I post this. :)

Best Opta rating: Chris Martin 8.99

• Goal: 1
  • Assist: 1
  • Shots: 1
  • Key passes: 1
  • Passes: 38
  • Touches: 50
  • Aerials won: 16
ON THE BALL
  • Most passes: Martin 38
  • Best pass accuracy: Andreas Weimann 84.2%
  • Most touches: Jay Dasilva 56

DEFENSIVE DUTIES

• Most tackles: Dasilva 4
  • Most interceptions: Danny Simpson 3
  • Most clearances: Tomas Kalas 7

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nah, Wyscout doesn’t update til the morning.

But infogol:

image.thumb.png.d4ef01bb3c73a9e5e7334e80f82e43d9.png

First time Infogol have given Pearson >2 xG. Previous high is 1.6 (twice, Luton last season and Blackpool this). Getting it from only 8 shots is pretty remarkable as well. Ruthless efficiency in front of goal tonight.

In fact, you have to go all the way back to the 3-2 home win over Derby towards the end of Johnson's tenure for the last time Infogol gave us more than 2xG (a ludicrous 3.6). More than 2 years ago.

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

ON THE BALL
  • Most passes: Martin 38
  • Best pass accuracy: Andreas Weimann 84.2%
  • Most touches: Jay Dasilva 56

DEFENSIVE DUTIES

• Most tackles: Dasilva 4
  • Most interceptions: Danny Simpson 3
  • Most clearances: Tomas Kalas 7

He was unselfish and led the line well I thought- deserved his goal, and assist. 
interesting that Nige alluded to the fact him and Weimann like to play together and can “link”- maybe another nail in Wells coffin. 

We played batter balls into him last night, and that’s key to getting the most out of him. 

2 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

He was unselfish and led the line well I thought- deserved his goal, and assist. 
interesting that Nige alluded to the fact him and Weimann like to play together and can “link”- maybe another nail in Wells coffin. 

We played batter balls into him last night, and that’s key to getting the most out of him. 

Chatting to @headhunterearlier we wondered whether Weimann might’ve saved him £5m???  Scott, Semenyo, Williams and Pearson all candidates for RW.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Chatting to @headhunterearlier we wondered whether Weimann might’ve saved him £5m???  Scott, Semenyo, Williams and Pearson all candidates for RW.

Yup- wouldn't disgaree, but cant see AW getting more than 12 goals for us, Martin probably 15 max, so feel we maybe still need that 20 goal a season man, unless of course we see King, Scott, Palmer, et al chip in- but my concern would be we still miss some goals.

2 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Yup- wouldn't disgaree, but cant see AW getting more than 12 goals for us, Martin probably 15 max, so feel we maybe still need that 20 goal a season man, unless of course we see King, Scott, Palmer, et al chip in- but my concern would be we still miss some goals.

We've never consistently played Weimann centrally. If he is, he might surprise us 

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

We've never consistently played Weimann centrally. If he is, he might surprise us 

yup- his first season with us he scored 5 in his first 5 or something like that, and then got shifted out wide, which seems consistent with his career.

I much prefer him in that false 9/Bobby Reid role, and I think he can play that effectively with a Wells/Semenyo as well.

• Admin
11 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

It is amazing when a players performance is broken down like this how little time and touches a player actually gets on the ball during the game

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Nah, Wyscout doesn’t update til the morning.

But infogol:

image.thumb.png.d4ef01bb3c73a9e5e7334e80f82e43d9.png

Our results have gone pretty accurately to xG so far.

Despite seemingly dominating against Blackpool, xG was very close, we deservedly lost to Middlesbrough and won last night.

Don't think anything can be read into it really, but still... 'We are where we are' as they say, and you can probably say deservedly at this present moment.

I have only seen a few stats this season - but the feeling is from the first games that we are slightly more threatening in terms of efforts on goal than last season .

Arguably that is to be expected as we were abject in the 2nd half of last season.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

A few on here have said when he has played central , he's been productive . Seem to remember he started centrally when he came, scored a few. Kept being pushed wide as others came in. 

I think we could rotate Martin , Weimann & Wells in those front 2 spots. Wells has played behind/off of a 9 before, did oK with Martin before. No need to flog any of them to death.

4 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Should have used that in the COD in the away end thread :)

I have no idea how to find out, but I would love to know how far Andi Weimann ran last night, must have been miles (kilometres??) closing down and on the counter. He is able to make up for Chris Martin’s perceived lack of mobility, nice partnership building between the two.
I think Weimann could also form a good, mobile partnership alongside Wells, hope Martin can rest when required so he doesn’t get flogged to death like last season.

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

And we have our explanation as to why JET is a League One player bumming around Scotland with a Premier League first touch and ability to finish.

This needs to be pinned somewhere Dave so peeps can be reminded why so and so isn't playing at a higher level/being selected/being retained etc

Please don’t ever say another bad word about JET ever. Otherwise I’ll have to find you and I have a very particularly set of skills; mainly not being able to handle hangovers. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Weimann has actually played loads down the middle for us. He scored 5 in 5 when he first joined and then went 13 games playing down the middle without scoring a goal and was then moved wide right for much of the rest of that first season.

He probably played over half of his games in the second season down the middle. He hasn't got a particularly good goalscoring record for us when playing up front.

However that could improve if he finds himself in those positions more often. I don't think he's often been a bad finisher from close range. And he has a poachers instinct from his youth days that we see in his movement when entering the box.

I get the feeling he won't be down the middle all the time. But it was a very good performance from him and Martin last night. They defended so well from the front.

It seems obvious to stick with those 2 for Friday. But I have read a few times on here that Chris Martin needs to be managed carefully so he can't start too many games. If there's any truth in that then it could be Wells leading the line.

To be fair to Weimann, he’s only ever played for us while we’ve been crap. I wonder how he might do if we can be decent. 

2 hours ago, Angmering Red said:

I have no idea how to find out, but I would love to know how far Andi Weimann ran last night, must have been miles (kilometres??) closing down and on the counter. He is able to make up for Chris Martin’s perceived lack of mobility, nice partnership building between the two.
I think Weimann could also form a good, mobile partnership alongside Wells, hope Martin can rest when required so he doesn’t get flogged to death like last season.

I just came on here to look for the answer/ask the same question. 

Archived