IGNORED

Attendances

RoystonFoote'snephew

No one publishes attendances any more. If you're at the game you might hear it over the tannoy, but thats hit and miss. Neither the BBC or Sky give attendance figures on their websites for matches so I try to scan local papers but it's not always successful. City used to break down the home and away fans figures and publish in the away fans section of the website but that's long finished. As I don't get to quite as many away games as I used to I like to know the size of City's travelling support (did we take up our full allocation). Similarly I'm intrigued by the numbers the opposition brings to the Gate. Like the printed programme attendances are fast becoming another football bygone. 

• Admin
51 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

No one publishes attendances any more. If you're at the game you might hear it over the tannoy, but thats hit and miss. Neither the BBC or Sky give attendance figures on their websites for matches so I try to scan local papers but it's not always successful. City used to break down the home and away fans figures and publish in the away fans section of the website but that's long finished. As I don't get to quite as many away games as I used to I like to know the size of City's travelling support (did we take up our full allocation). Similarly I'm intrigued by the numbers the opposition brings to the Gate. Like the printed programme attendances are fast becoming another football bygone. 

You can still get them online at BBC and sky

PS we are still selling printed programmes

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

You can still get them online at BBC and sky

PS we are still selling printed programmes

Where? They don't appear on the phone versions as far as I can see.. 

I thought this year City's programmes were only available online and you would need to self print. I don't remember seeing a programme seller against Blackpool. 

54 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I thought this year City's programmes were only available online and you would need to self print. I don't remember seeing a programme seller against Blackpool. 

Seen a programme seller walking around selling in the fanzone for the Blackpool game.

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Dave,

How many did they give for Blackpool fans last Sat and what were the numbers for City at Boro and Reading? I didnt catch these.

About 1000 Blackpool at the gate. 

About 500 at Boro and about 2200 at Reading. 

3 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I think you mean public address system. Tannoy is a brand name. ???

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I think you mean public address system. Tannoy is a brand name. ???

They make good hifi speakers.

However, growing up in the 60s  PA systems were called the Tannoy....horizontal  Metal Traffic Cone lookalikes! Most probably made of Fibreglass now. 

However, you could hear what was being said whilst hoovering the astroTurf after a match. In my day we didn't have apps to write what we said, we had to write with a biro on a post-it and use sellotape to stick A4 pages together. If you were business minded, you could only dream of a powerpoint presentation from your memory stick instead of flip charts and sharpies.

Those were the days! No hot drinks at half time unless you took your thermos. No bubblewrap either to protect items from accidents and if sellotape couldn't fix it, you were stuffed. 

We didn't have Nintendos as kids but we did have plasticine and for the more sporty, ping pong kits for the kitchen table. I couldn't see the attraction of hula hoops.

Enough of this rubbish. I think I need an aspirin.

6 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I am not sure the programmes available are official. My mate was a programme seller for 30 years and was told he was no longer required this season.

Archived