IGNORED

What have you never done?

Bristol Rob

• Admin
18 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

That most people consider perfectly normal.

Did you never learn to drive/swim for example.

I have never been to Nandos.

Never learnt to swim, yet lived by the sea all my life

My new Mrs is determined to teach me in Spain next month

Until a fortnight ago I had never driven through a Drive Thru.  

I had on one occasion been a passenger going through one while my female companion not only collected the food (and paid), but unwisely decided to get into a verbal altercation with some wannabe Yardies.  I'm not normally intimidated by situations, but it was 3am in Wandsworth Bridge Road, there were 4 of them and 2 of us and I was rather glad when we exited the confrontation. 

9 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Until a fortnight ago I had never driven through a Drive Thru.  

I had on one occasion been a passenger going through one while my female companion not only collected the food (and paid), but unwisely decided to get into a verbal altercation with some wannabe Yardies.  I'm not normally intimidated by situations, but it was 3am in Wandsworth Bridge Road, there were 4 of them and 2 of us and I was rather glad when we exited the confrontation. 

Sounds like you weren't buying Happy Meals.

On 18/08/2021 at 21:33, PHILINFRANCE said:

It was referenced when I looked up felching on WIKI - it even comes (no pun intended) with a little cartoon.

There were some other terms there, but I didn't go any further. 

Go on, Google it, I dare you ?.

I'm not sure I should have searched on my work computer.  ?

On 19/08/2021 at 02:10, Bristol Rob said:

That most people consider perfectly normal.

Did you never learn to drive/swim for example.

I have never been to Nandos.

Have one of these. I had a minor stroke six months ago that stopped the blood flow to my right eye. Coming good now with medication. the docs said to rule out anything similar you need one of these (MRI) TRIED TO DO IT FIVE TIMES. Still can ot do it now and have nightmares of being enclosed in a very small space. 

Bristol Rob to others this might be a normal thing but not for me mate. I just hope that I did do it but can not do it. 

Image result for MRI Machines. Size: 144 x 98. Source: www.verywellhealth.com

5 minutes ago, City oz said:

Have one of these. I had a minor stroke six months ago that stopped the blood flow to my right eye. Coming good now with medication. the docs said to rule out anything similar you need one of these (MRI) TRIED TO DO IT FIVE TIMES. Still can ot do it now and have nightmares of being enclosed in a very small space. 

Bristol Rob to others this might be a normal thing but not for me mate. I just hope that I did do it but can not do it. 

Image result for MRI Machines. Size: 144 x 98. Source: www.verywellhealth.com

I suffered a similar situation to you (minor stroke) just over a year ago and, like you, needed to have an MRI.

I have suffered from vertigo for several years and am not a great fan of being trapped in a confined space - which is, effectively, what one endures during an MRI, although I was provided with an emergency panic button in case I needed it.

I was forewarned that it would be quite loud and, when I asked how long it was likely to last, was informed between five and ten minutes.

I acknowledged that my ordeal was a necessary ‘evil’ and just closed my eyes and tried counting slowly to 1000.

I assure you I came very close on several occasions to pressing the panic button, but resisted until it was over.

When I came out I just couldn’t believe what all the fuss and panic was about.

47 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I suffered a similar situation to you (minor stroke) just over a year ago and, like you, needed to have an MRI.

I have suffered from vertigo for several years and am not a great fan of being trapped in a confined space - which is, effectively, what one endures during an MRI, although I was provided with an emergency panic button in case I needed it.

I was forewarned that it would be quite loud and, when I asked how long it was likely to last, was informed between five and ten minutes.

I acknowledged that my ordeal was a necessary ‘evil’ and just closed my eyes and tried counting slowly to 1000.

I assure you I came very close on several occasions to pressing the panic button, but resisted until it was over.

When I came out I just couldn’t believe what all the fuss and panic was about.

Same here only my stroke was 6 years ago. I had the same MRI but fortunately didn’t find it a problem.

I was lucky tho. The stroke I had was the real deal but fortunately I didn’t end up paralysed but lost my sight temporarily and ultimately it cost me my driving license as although my sight is fine I’m unable to get full vision.  My peripheral vision on my left is permanently damaged and DVLA revoked my license.

Since then I’ve been on various preventative medications.

On 19/08/2021 at 12:07, Sturny said:

I remember before I was into coffee being so confused why it was so liked, the smell, the taste, absolutely horrible. Now I can easily have 2-3 cups before midday :laugh:

I used to dislike the smell and taste of coffee, would never touch. Where as now I detest it and wont even open a new  container for the Wife ?

On 18/08/2021 at 19:15, BigTone said:

I hate Nandos simply cos when I arrived they wouldn't let me in.

I have been to Nandos and ordered food, but the server came back after 5 minutes and said "don't ask me how, but we have run out of chicken"! So I have never eaten there.

Archived