IGNORED

Ramsdale to Arsenal

cityred2000

Evening all,

Ramsdale going to Arsenal for 20m plus by the looks of it (madness)!

After watching the Sheff U v WBA game and seeing the clanger that Verrips in goal for SUFC has just dropped, do you think there's any chance that United will be sniffing around the Championship for a first team GK, namely Dan Bentley?

Surely we wouldn't reject 7-10m for Bents, even though I'd love us to.

Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, cityred2000 said:

Evening all,

After watching the Sheff U v WBA game and seeing the clanger that Verrips in goal for SUFC has just dropped, do you think there's any chance that United will be sniffing around the Championship for a first team GK, namely Dan Bentley?

Thoughts?

Well Sheff Utd will definitely be in the market for a new keeper. Their keeper tonight had a stinker for West Brom’s 2nd goal.

Good call. I think the Arse may be paying 40m euros and these stupid EPL sums often filter down to the Championship, as we saw with Brownhill going to Burnley for £9m. In a few months time when the finacial reality hits home for clubs like Brum, Derby, Reading etc Championship midfielders will probably cost half what they di 2 yrs ago. Goalies however may just attract a premium so it is possible someone with better chances than us of playing in the Prem may splash that sort of cash. I'd imagine they got paid a mega amount for failing last season, as did Fulham and WBA - something that makes our league so unfairly balanced

Can’t see it.

Sheff U also have Foderingham (ex Rangers, Swindon) on their books & I would be amazed if he didn’t get a chance next game.

Just can’t see Jokanovic looking at Bentley, far more likely to bring in some Prem back up keeper, I expect.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Can’t see it.

Sheff U also have Foderingham (ex Rangers, Swindon) on their books & I would be amazed if he didn’t get a chance next game.

Just can’t see Jokanovic looking at Bentley, far more likely to bring in some Prem back up keeper, I expect.

Agreed. It's been known for months that there'd be a likelihood of Ramsdale leaving, and they've not been linked with Bentley at any point.

So Arsenal sell Martinez, who is much better than Leno then have to spend on Ramsdale, who is not as good as Martinez.

They overpay for Pepe, pay a past it Willian a fortune, try to offload Xhaka then give him a new contract and so on. Only Tierney has been a good signing.

Is Mark Ashton running their recruitment?

1 hour ago, cityred2000 said:

Evening all,

Thoughts?

Bentley is not good enough for the Prem.........he is a competent and at times outstanding keeper at our level.  IMHO he has too many flaws in his character to play at the highest level.

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Foderingham is awful 

This.

If went for Bentley. Who would we then go for is the question. Hoping we get money for Brownhill circa £1m plus also.

Personally, I'd see if we can't pinch Alex Palmer from WBA for a cut price deal if Johnstone isn't going anywhere. Guarantee him a challenge for the #1 shirt for this season. Had a huge season Lincoln last year.

8 hours ago, Fuber said:

This.

If went for Bentley. Who would we then go for is the question. Hoping we get money for Brownhill circa £1m plus also.

Personally, I'd see if we can't pinch Alex Palmer from WBA for a cut price deal if Johnstone isn't going anywhere. Guarantee him a challenge for the #1 shirt for this season. Had a huge season Lincoln last year.

The Plymouth goalie, I forgot his name.

8 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Foderingham is awful 

I don’t see him as their solution but if the lad on debut was as bad as suggested, then an experienced squad man could well get his chance at the weekend.

I doubt either of them will be in goal for long, if Sheff U are about to get £20m or so, then I expect a Prem reserve keeper will have tipped up there by deadline day.

As for Bentley (& much as I like Max) I think Pearson sees him as pivotal this season & would be very reluctant to lose him, even if it meant we couldn’t bring in anyone else.

16 hours ago, maxjak said:

Bentley is not good enough for the Prem.........he is a competent and at times outstanding keeper at our level.  IMHO he has too many flaws in his character to play at the highest level.

I'm not doubting that, however with SUFC basically having a massive pool of money being given to them for a keeper that is no better at this time than Bents, why wouldn't they go for him in a bid to get back to the top flight?

5 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Agree completely. Fulham look brilliant too but Marco Silva teams do when he starts. So there is hope. WBA just look like a machine that is going to get even better. 

The thing to look out for with Fulham is if Silva gets linked with a bigger job elsewhere. Watford's form fell off a cliff after Everton made it clear they wanted him, to the point that he ended up getting sacked anyway!

6 hours ago, Northern Red said:

The thing to look out for with Fulham is if Silva gets linked with a bigger job elsewhere. Watford's form fell off a cliff after Everton made it clear they wanted him, to the point that he ended up getting sacked anyway!

Can’t see another Prem club giving him another go for a while 

Archived