IGNORED

A Sober OSIB

Shtanley

2 hours ago, Gazred said:

Where are you Dave? ?

California in the US, the time difference is not kind for the weekend games.

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Jesus mate. You must love pain!

Definitely was an interesting first season :laugh: but i think things are looking better now. My local teams in other sports have got me used to pain anyways

5 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Another enjoyable, well balanced (if a bit sweary) episode. To answer the question you raise, I do not follow you or anyone on social media as I never use Facebook, Twitter or any other social media platforms. Keep up the good work.

Ditto.

1 hour ago, DavidFromCalifornia said:

California in the US, the time difference is not kind for the weekend games.

Definitely was an interesting first season :laugh: but i think things are looking better now. My local teams in other sports have got me used to pain anyways

Welcome David.   I'm intrigued.  Why follow Bristol City?   Any connection with the city or club?   Partial to cider?  

1 hour ago, Red Skin said:

Welcome David.   I'm intrigued.  Why follow Bristol City?   Any connection with the city or club?   Partial to cider?  

Never been and haven’t tried cider yet but I’ve been meaning to. 

When I decided to find a team I thought maybe I could find where my English ancestor was from before he got on a boat but never found anything more detailed than England. 

I decided to go with my next best connection to somewhere in England, the setting of my favorite british show which is Skins. I had to look it up though because i dont think they ever actually say the name of the city in the show although it’s been a few years since i watched it. 

7 hours ago, DavidFromCalifornia said:

When I decided to find a team I thought maybe I could find where my English ancestor was from before he got on a boat but never found anything more detailed than England. 

I decided to go with my next best connection to somewhere in England, the setting of my favorite british show which is Skins. I had to look it up though because i dont think they ever actually say the name of the city in the show although it’s been a few years since i watched it. 

Welcome to the family!!

Remember, it’s the hope that kills you.

9 hours ago, DavidFromCalifornia said:

They mention plenty of areas of Bristol, but play very fast and loose with the geography in the city!

Characters teleporting 5 miles whilst still being in the same conversation on the phone. 

Cracking show mind (maybe just the first two seasons)

5 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Like to listen to OSIB. Fingers crossed for the game tonight. Will watch on the local pub here in my small town in Sweden, Will be sober, he he. Always believe COYR!!!

Where's Tommy these days ?

10 hours ago, DavidFromCalifornia said:

Nice one.  If you really want to experience what it's like to be a football supporter you couldn't have chosen better.   Perennial underachievers with ideas above our station, haunted by an all too short period brief 'success' in the 1970s that most of us never witnessed ourselves.  

Following someone like Liverpool calling yourself a football fan is like Donald Trump saying he understands what it's like to survive on Skid Row.  As a Bristol City fan you learn to find joy in finding half eaten hotdogs, discarded cigarette butts and the warm feeling you get when you have just shat yourself.  Even the smallest victories must be celebrated here. 

Welcome to the dysfunctional family. ?

11 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

He is living 250km south of me. We have contact, phone. Ok with him. Think he is banned from this Forum. We plan to come over later, hopefully this season. Tommy offcause on of us.

Seems a long ban..

32 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

He is living 250km south of me. We have contact, phone. Ok with him. Think he is banned from this Forum. We plan to come over later, hopefully this season. Tommy offcause on of us.

That seem tough if he is banned.  He can talk some shite sometimes, but he's part of the rich tapestry that is OTIB.  

Sorry Stan, don't follow you on IG (came off other socials a few years ago). Try and keep my following to a minimum so that I have somewhat of a normal life interacting with other human beings in the physical world!! 

Love the show though mate and your deadpan dry sense of humour, it's definitely been a welcome respite against the shite we've had to endure over the last couple of seasons.

Archived