IGNORED

Memorial photos pre Swansea City game

DavidNoble

I can’t make the game tomorrow but I know of a close one who recently passed away, who’s photo will be on the big screen tomorrow as part of all that. 

Is anybody able to get a photo of it for all the fans?

could somebody from the club take a photo of it all, or video it, so that me and my family can see it. It would mean a lot. 

8 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Mate you can go on the city website and it's on there now. Headline article and via the online programme. You can also pick up paper copies in the shop.

Hope this helps

Thank you, I’ll get hold of them. 

But it says as well that they’re going to show the photos on the big screen and I’d love to see a photo of that. 

It would be great if the club could video the big screen for this so everyone that can’t make it can see. 

1 hour ago, DavidNoble said:

I can’t make the game tomorrow but I know of a close one who recently passed away, who’s photo will be on the big screen tomorrow as part of all that. 

Is anybody able to get a photo of it for all the fans?

could somebody from the club take a photo of it all, or video it, so that me and my family can see it. It would mean a lot. 

Dave Barton replied to me, he said they will try to capture it.

26 minutes ago, Gazred said:

forever-red-a4-print.png

@Shuffle that your Dad near top right?

That is a great gesture by the club, they get some stick at times by most of us but that is a fitting tribute to those no longer with us, I knew one of them in the photos really well, i didn't know this was happening, well done to everyone involved in making this happen. CTID.

For ages I’ve been wondering if the club would do this, then at the first game with the TC tribute the tannoy was so bad I couldn’t hear anything said but was disappointed that it didn’t seem to get a mention.

Nige mentioning it in his interview was the first I’d heard about it, good to see that those gone during the last 18 months will be remembered.

Crikey! So many young faces in that collage. RIP fellow reds

a very good friend of mine is included here, brought a tear to my eye. as others have said our club come in for some stick at times, but by god they have done us proud here

Thank you BCFC you just reminded me one of the reasons i follow you.

rip all xx

1 hour ago, tommy_b said:

Seems to have been taken off the official site because at least one person (3 down, 2 in) has put on Facebook they are very much alive…

As someone whose dad is on there I find (if this is true) whoever has done that as a “joke” to be morally reprehensible. There are also two others on there I know who we’ve lost.

This is a tribute to those we’ve lost. It means, as this thread shows, a hell of a lot to people to have their loved ones included, and to undermine it is sick.

You had to email the photo in. I’d suggest if someone has emailed a photo in of someone alive “for a laugh”, the club find that email address on their records, cross reference it to ticket purchases and ban the **** for life.

Raging doesn’t come close.

A fitting tribute to my wonderful Dad who died after contracting COVID in hospital in April 2020.

He loved City and was a season ticket holder for many years before ill heath stopped him and Mum attending matches.

Seeing his smiling face 3 from the left on the penultimate line makes me both proud & ?

He truly was CTID ❤️

In respect of at least one person having their photo included when they are alive, if someone has done it as a joke then they need to take a hard look at themselves if they think this is funny.

I think it’s a fanatic gesture by the club , and one we should have done years ago. I hope the club continues to do this on a yearly basis. 

It’s however a shame the club are honouring in the year when they no longer produce print programmes 

10 hours ago, Psycho Glenn said:

My Dad would be so chuffed to be on the front cover of the programme. 5th from the left on the bottom row, we lost him suddenly last November.

Thank you so much to the club for this fantastic tribute.

That is one face I definitely do recognise, so sorry for your loss.

38 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Why. Just why? 

You've got to be wired up pretty wrong to do something like that. 

I know, plus the fact that the club has spent well meaning time collating and printing out the pictures, creating the digital assets etc. Some people just don’t think…

Archived