IGNORED

Swansea City home - match thread

Jerseybean

11 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

Will be weird to see Pato play against us. Some Swansea fans giving it the biggun’ on the train I’m on at the moment, banging the ceiling of the carriage 

I need to apologise for my behaviour, just launched my half eaten burger at a bunch of gobby Swansea youths and hit one square in the head, I don’t know what came over me but just forked out another £6 for another. Need to keep hold of this one as I’m starving!!

Not sure it's been mentioned - but Swansea's new crest is really nice IMO.

Apparently it is inspired by the 40th anniversary of the Swans’ first-ever promotion to the top-flight in 1981.

The original badge design (below) was used on a number of the club’s printed and promotional materials during that unforgettable period as John Toshack’s side reached the First Division in 1981, before launching a top-flight title assault on their way to a sixth-place finish the following season.

Swansea City crest 1980

Presumably, given we recently allowed a small blind badger who once had a robin described to him through interpretive dance to redesign our crest, we won't do something similar in 2026/7.

But, that would be 50 years since out last promotion to the top flight. Wonder if we'd use the crest we wore for the promotion season itself (coat of arms) or the one we used in the first division - Robin on a ball with the bridge in the background?

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Mrs NR, having just seen Nige being interviewed on the telly for the first time:

"Ooh, is that the new manager? Looks a bit scruffy doesn't he, not as smart as Lee and Dean were"...

A manager's ability is directly mirrored by their sartorial elegance, the smarter you look, the sh**** you are.

Tisdale = shite..

Pearson= ace.

8 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Not too much to argue with in respect of the starting 11 (on paper) I don’t believe. 

Just a nagging worry about CM and AW playing 3 games in 6 days. Hopefully we can go 3 up in the first half hour and take them off early to avoid any chance of injuries.

24 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Mrs NR, having just seen Nige being interviewed on the telly for the first time:

"Ooh, is that the new manager? Looks a bit scruffy doesn't he, not as smart as Lee and Dean were"...

Suitable attired for the task in hand, unlike LJ who was a poor man's Tisdale in the 'fashion' stakes (who can forget that sheepskin coat and brogues)

Archived