IGNORED

Swansea City home - match thread

Jerseybean

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

We are playing well. Had so many chances. Weimann frustrating shot there, when he tries to blast it, it almost always goes into row Z!

5 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

How are we losing this match? Playing far better than I've seen us play in ages.

Keep the faith.

6 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Really decent game, really decent performance from us.

If this is the blueprint we’ll be absolutely fine this season and pick up some good wins on the way.

I’m watching a different game. We’ve had a couple of half chances, certainly nothing clear cut (admittedly I got in 10 mins or so late because of the hoo har outside)

I don’t think we deserve to be losing as Swansea haven’t done much, but I don’t think we’ve been particularly dangerous ourselves

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

My thoughts from the game, for what it’s worth

Pring trying hard and can’t fault effort but looks shattered

JD looking out of confidence, still can’t handle a ball over his head

Martin pretty anonymous

Midfield isn’t really working, Paterson’s had all the time he wants.

Great save by bents but kalas and Atkinson looked so far apart and kalas very deep.

Would like to see the goal replay, looked too easy, again.

Swansea players falling over at the slightest touch, and the ref is dreadful. Being conned every time

Atmosphere is awful. I know the players need to inspire but we’ve been away for 18 months, it’s a little embarrassing to be honest

Sing as loud as your posting then or pipe down 

Did the PL refereeing memo not get through to the EFL. So painful to watch compared to the PL last week (will see how long that lasts anyway)

Otherwise, unfortunate to be behind, really poor defending for the goal, so weak from Massengo and Atkinson. And a lack of real quality at the other end, not the crispness you need nor the quality to finish the opportunities that have presented themselves

Im sure Sky will probably have a ‘love in’ with Swansea for high possession stats, but they’ve been the 2nd best team on this pitch and this is one of the best attacking performance Iv seen in a long time. All that’s lacking is some better, more convincing finishing. Keep going City! 

Just now, petehinton said:

Carved them open basically every attack. They are woeful. Need Wells brought into this game and we could go on to score 2 or 3. We’ve created so much 

Agree. Personally I'd bring Wells on for Scott and push Weimann wide for more defensive support. 

Really feel for Simpson. Had zero support from Scott, and with their front two plus Pato, Simpsons had to defend against two men at times. On a card too so risky.  

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Don’t remember the last time I enjoyed watching us play. That was actually good. Definite green shoots. 

Totally agree, the entertainment was really there, just need to convert the result now too. 

Still think we need a couple of players to complete this team and become a real force. 

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Can't complain at all,

City have played well

Yep. Very unlucky to be behind - playing a far higher calibre of football than in recent seasons...in my opinion. A pleasure to watch!

And if young Atkinson currently has a mistake in him he's show some great skill on the ball. Still finding his feet. It'll come. 

Really enjoyed that half. Best I’ve seen us play in such a long time. The goal is unlucky and largely undeserved but it’s all they’ve done.

Just a little more quality with the final ball or a lucky bounce and we’ll be in. 

Key to maintain the momentum of the first half because they look so dodgy at the back. I’d love to see Semenyo up against their right back.

Great half (bar the goal). We can win this

More excitement and skill in the first 45 minutes than I’ve seen since that cup run. Just need to be a bit more clinical up front - Martin needs to get on the end of those wicked crosses (is he knackered?), Andi needs to get involved -  and tighten up at the back a little and we will be fine.

Pring take a bow. Some performance! Hano great.

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

My thoughts from the game, for what it’s worth

Pring trying hard and can’t fault effort but looks shattered

JD looking out of confidence, still can’t handle a ball over his head

Martin pretty anonymous

Midfield isn’t really working, Paterson’s had all the time he wants.

Great save by bents but kalas and Atkinson looked so far apart and kalas very deep.

Would like to see the goal replay, looked too easy, again.

Swansea players falling over at the slightest touch, and the ref is dreadful. Being conned every time

Atmosphere is awful. I know the players need to inspire but we’ve been away for 18 months, it’s a little embarrassing to be honest

**** me, I thought we were playing well, but I bow to your superior knowledge !

Fresh legs needed second half.. .....as some players are noticeable tired?  However we are very unfortunate to be 1 down.   Very impressed with our commitment and attitude, not far away, just need the same run of the ball that Swansea were able to exploit. Swansea pass the ball well, but do not have much of a threat upfront.   With a little luck, I can see this being a 1-1 draw.?  COYR!!   PS  Bring on Wells and Semenyo!!?

Frustrating first half: the lads showed energy, good attacking play and created chances...but one of the rare dangers caused by Swansea is deciding the match. Maybe we could have defended better, but that rebound was lucky.

Still time to get something from this match. COYR!!

Archived