IGNORED

Swansea City home - match thread

Jerseybean

Felt City went a little passive after conceding and has taken some time to get that early 1st 10min intensity back. The early Martin miss looks pivotal at mo. Poor goal to concede, Tomas turns sideways instead of square on? Unlucky that deflection off post comes straight back out. HNM good in midfield, looking to drive forward, Pring & Scott (for both so young) look impressive. Pring needs to isolate Fulton now one on one. I'd be slightly concerned by the fact that Swansea can get forward far too easily with 2 or 3 straight passes, and Jay looks a little bemused with ball over the top at LB.

Otherwise, positive signs and definitely in this game, next goal crucial.

Thought Bentley's positioning for the goal was poor, left that whole near-post open to shoot at. Unfortunate to fall back to Piroe for the rebound but just felt if he was more central Piroe might not have gone for that corner, could tell he checked it before he shot. Got to clear the ball in the first place though.

We're getting the ball in good areas with Weimann and James but final ball lacking yet again. We're playing alright but just need to be a bit sharper.

Worried about Simpson on a yellow with no Vyner on the bench.

We can get back into this but still feel like we have a mistake in us and they could punish us.

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I’m watching a different game. We’ve had a couple of half chances, certainly nothing clear cut (admittedly I got in 10 mins or so late because of the hoo har outside)

I don’t think we deserve to be losing as Swansea haven’t done much, but I don’t think we’ve been particularly dangerous ourselves

You are, we’re creating chances, just need something to go our way. Playing better than we did at Reading. A total mess from a throw, 3 or 4 players being dragged into a 6 yd area and then losing it, you tell kids not to do that at U9 level….

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

All well and good but has he told them how to create chances yet 

Yes. Ten shots, four on target. We look fluid going forward and just need better finishing. A great first half performance that deserved more. Lets keep it up and the goals will come. 

4 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Another really frustrating half at the Gate. We've created enough opportunities to be comfortably ahead but are behind to a sloppy goal. The kids (Pring, Scott and Massengo) are doing alright but we continue to struggle at full back, where Swansea are stretching us through Birdwell especially. 

Rome wasn’t built….. much better going forward

Agree - playing well - their goal was well taken - we were slowest to react. 

Bents had a worldie about 6 minutes later. 

Concern on the left (Bidwell is pulling Simpson all over the place. 

We lack a clinical finish - plenty of opportunity.....which only knocks a handful of times a game....need to find the net.....

COYRs

10 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

My thoughts from the game, for what it’s worth

Pring trying hard and can’t fault effort but looks shattered

JD looking out of confidence, still can’t handle a ball over his head

Martin pretty anonymous

Midfield isn’t really working, Paterson’s had all the time he wants.

Great save by bents but kalas and Atkinson looked so far apart and kalas very deep.

Would like to see the goal replay, looked too easy, again.

Swansea players falling over at the slightest touch, and the ref is dreadful. Being conned every time

Atmosphere is awful. I know the players need to inspire but we’ve been away for 18 months, it’s a little embarrassing to be honest

Are you here at the Gate?....the atmosphere is the opposite of awful, in fact it's excellent ?

What a frustrating first half the best football I have seen us play for so e time, but we are 1nil down in typical city fashion. We to be fair are not having the run of the ball but we desperately need some to play down the centre up front, if we did we would not be losing this game.

Hope we play the same second half but take our chances, perhaps we'll down the middle ?

6 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Another really frustrating half at the Gate. We've created enough opportunities to be comfortably ahead but are behind to a sloppy goal. The kids (Pring, Scott and Massengo) are doing alright but we continue to struggle at full back, where Swansea are stretching us through Birdwell especially. 

I think both FB areas they are trying to exploit but Dasilva is doing ok. Simpson is doing his best but his legs have gone, we need a RB in this window in my opinion as this is our problem area

The rest of the players are giving it a go and we don’t look to bad but need to take our chances 

Archived