IGNORED

Swansea City home - match thread

Jerseybean

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Simpson was the only of our defenders who stayed alert after the shot that hit the post.

I just heard the halftime analysis of their goal. I disagree up to a point, the scorer hits the first shot, this is when Kalas turns to see the shot come of the post, while this is happening, the scorer has momentum taking him into the path where the ball rebounds to. Somewhat lucky possibly? Personally would be looking at why Atkinson wanted to engage rather than stay  touch tight & goal side. COYR 

12 minutes ago, Selred said:

Agree. Personally I'd bring Wells on for Scott and push Weimann wide for more defensive support. 

Really feel for Simpson. Had zero support from Scott, and with their front two plus Pato, Simpsons had to defend against two men at times. On a card too so risky.  

I actually disagree with every single word in this post (apart from the card bit)

2 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I think both FB areas they are trying to exploit but Dasilva is doing ok. Simpson is doing his best but his legs have gone, we need a RB in this window in my opinion as this is our problem area

The rest of the players are giving it a go and we don’t look to bad but need to take our chances 

Absolutely. RB is definitely a cause for concern. 

Just now, Gakoe said:

Nige must be fuming with that goal. It came from our throw in and we were a bit guilty of ball watching. Apart from that pretty good. Let's get right back at them 2nd half. COYR

Yeah .....and can we please go out and get a right back? ?

Atkinson at fault for the goal.

We're very weak in both full back positions.

Pring knows how to cross a ball. 

The youngsters look up for it.

We need a decent striker (or two).

Overall, despite trailing at the break, its the most enjoyable 45 minutes I've watched City play for a very long time.

Fingers crossed for a little luck, or a Semenyo cameo, in the second half.

Really unlucky to go in a goal down at half time. We’ve been the better side, IMO. Martin has to score early doors, HNM has been the best player on the park and I like the width from Pring on the left. JD and Atkinson need to improve. Plenty of intent and desire from us, but not enough quality at both ends of the pitch. Keep playing like we are and we’re far from out of it. Swansea are vulnerable.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Centre backs so often don't follow it in. The striker can run anywhere, the worst that can happen is the striker does not get to a rebound. The defender has to see where the ball is going before they can react.

The only player who could see where the ball was going was James but he didn’t follow it,it’s impossible for the centre back to have a 360 head 

Archived