IGNORED

Swansea City home - match thread

Jerseybean

Usual, not enough movement up the top of the pitch, too slow and let Swansea get back in shape. 

Massengo didn't stop running but our quality on the ball tonight wasn't up to it.

Not going to go at Semenyo, he's played 60 minutes of reserve football and then he's forced to backtrack and cover the liability at right back.

15 shots and didn't really look like scoring much says it all. 

We played well in moments but Swansea looked average and were there for the taking. Off the ball not a bad performance but on it we need to be sharper and improve.

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Much better second half, only one team deserved to win that and it wasn’t them.

I don’t know why we don’t use our width, particularly the left. We also look back inside, was almost like watching England at times in that we never once switched the ball or bypassed a player to move it quicker. 
They looked to do that every time in the first half and regularly dropped a switch ball in behind our full backs that we couldn’t handle.

on that showing I don’t think we will go down, but we need to be more clinical and effective in the final third. Our crossing was pretty crap too, most of semenyos balls were really poor except one I think

Not sure about that. If we'd done what they just did at their ground, we'd all be saying it was the ultimate away performance etc. They restricted us to very few clear-cut chances

I'm amazed people think we played well tonight.  We played an average team who never tried hard and won.

I'm watching Wiemann run around a lot.  Which is what he does best.

Simpson is a red card waiting to happen

Dear God, Dasilva???  I'd like to congratulate him for winning a header in the 83rd minute.  I say "win".  It accidentally hit his head and went out for their throw in.  He did nothing else.

Wells?  Average.

The one plus is Massengo who was top notch.  He won't start the next game...

Just now, Gazred said:

You cannot fault the effort and intent tonight, some hard working performances in there but we just lack conviction in the final third. Plenty of possesion near the box but rarely an end product.

Shouldn’t of taken Pring off. It’s ok to bring forwards on but someone needs to be able to put the ball in the box. And Pring was the only one with a decent delivery 

Can’t complain at the performance, plenty of heart and endeavour in there but a real lack of quality be that in the finish, the ball into the box or even back to the pass that opens up the opportunity.
I think you’re desperately in need of attacking players, at least one wide option and one striker. And at least one of the full backs has to offer something going forward, they’re not offering enough. Simpson never will which is fine if you get more from the other side.

I said before you signed Matty James that him and Massengo could be a great partnership and on that showing, I think over time they will be. Massengo just needs a bit more control in his game. Both Wells and Martin were dogshit, Weimann runs around a lot and but doesn’t do enough with it, Semenyo is all pace and power with little end product.
Really need a couple of players of quality to really control the game and produce something.

1 minute ago, Gazred said:

You cannot fault the effort and intent tonight, some hard working performances in there but we just lack conviction in the final third. Plenty of possesion near the box but rarely an end product.

We just lack a bit of quality across the whole team IMO but no issues with the effort.
Unfortunately effort alone, won’t get results in the Championship.

I don't like that Wells he is not suited for this team, alongside Semenyo. 

We havea  good mentality but we lack a striker, we have 0 strikers in our team. Martin is not that fast, not very strong also, not the best dribbler also... We lack a foward man like Toney last season.

Last 25 minutes were annoying and boring but most of the game we played a better football compared with last games. Massengo was very nice.

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Shouldn’t of taken Pring off. It’s ok to bring forwards on but someone needs to be able to put the ball in the box. And Pring was the only one with a decent delivery 

Best and most consistent we've had since Elliason. With either foot as well.

I wouldn’t say we were the better team the in the second half. Swansea frustrated us and although we had some flashes that could’ve levelled the game,we didn’t sustain any prolonged pressure. Swansea had periods when they passed us tired, which happens when they’re 1 up and cruising. 

Some progressive passing from James and battling from Massengo but aside from that poor. As others have said weak defending from Atkinson has cost us. I’d like to see us playing with more confidence offensively l but that’s not going to happen until we start winning at home. 

1 minute ago, GasDestroyer said:

We just lack a bit of quality across the whole team IMO but no issues with the effort.
Unfortunately effort alone, won’t get results in the Championship.

Agree. I think we have a lot more of the basics down than we did last season. Earning the right to play as they say. We do still need to find more as we go on though.

Archived