IGNORED

Swansea City home - match thread

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, keflav said:

Reading some of the comments on here I just wonder why most of them even bother supporting city...

Yes we lack the cutting edge up front but we all know that and the manager knows that and unless we get someone in that ain't gonna change anytime soon, but at worst we deserved a point from that game and was a massive improvement from some of the utter shit we have had to put up with in recent times...

What are you talking about? I don’t deserve to support City because I’m not a lemming who will follow whatever our leader says without question and have blind faith despite no evidence to support it apart from some success 10 years ago?  Despite the fact that I’ve supported the team since I was a kid and live within a stones throw of the stadium? 

Why do we lack cutting edge and why the **** did we lose that game against a side who have a new manager, have not won a game this season and who are in turmoil?  I didn’t see a massive improvement, I saw the same old same old and the same result in that yet again we lost.  Very disappointing to say the least. 

I’m desperate for us to turn it around and yet we had a huge chance tonight and yet again we ****ed it up again. 

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

Good interview from NP - some interesting comments made re he now knows what he’s going to get from the “good” group.

We still need to find a way of getting our best striker (Wells) on the pitch…..bringing him on for 20-30 mins ain’t the answer.

Thought it was interesting to note NP mentioning the transfer window unprovoked though…..perhaps some movement is likely…..

Do you think we can stay up on post match interviews? Blah blah, he knows this and that and yes he talks a great game.. where is that on the pitch?  Action not words are needed right now,  or to mention for the last 6 months.  Come on Pearson, deliver the goods, don’t just promise that they might possibly come if the conditions are absolutely perfect

They took their chance, we didn't.

Yes it's improved, it's more organised, has promise, inexperienced youth not yet the real deal, but with nothing of quality upfront we'll always struggle.

The ageing two starters ran their socks off Tuesday and tonight we paid the price. Not for them consecutive outings. Pearson knows Semenyo & Wells are pub team, hence his reluctance to bring them on. Tonight he must have been desperate. Semenyo may not be fit but his first half dozen touches were shocking, as they are when he is match fit. If we're relying on him for goals we'll be non-league before we know it. As for Wells. In his attempt to knock the ball out for a corner, with his opponent all of 12 inches in front of him, he put the ball straight out for a goal kick. All that was missing was for him to do that sideline throw himself to the turf feigning injury - though looks like he's cottoned on all folks know what he's up to & will laugh at his failings. Not sure he did much else. He is pound for pound the worst signing City have ever made upfront & seems to go out of his way to enhance that dubious record every time he crosses the white line.

We didn't deserve to lose, neither did we deserve to win. But when it comes down to fine margins the remote possibility of hitting the target makes all the difference.

Summary from me last night, that was the most positive forward thinking city display i have seen in a very long time, i said to my dad that we could rue our early chances and so it proved, just needed that clinical finisher and we would have been out of site, we continue to show the same positivity and commitment and we will be fine, lot's of good displays, massengo was stand out as has been mentioned on the other post hope nige persists with him but think king will get back in against cardiff. 

8 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

They took their chance, we didn't.

Yes it's improved, it's more organised, has promise, inexperienced youth not yet the real deal, but with nothing of quality upfront we'll always struggle.

The ageing two starters ran their socks off Tuesday and tonight we paid the price. Not for them consecutive outings. Pearson knows Semenyo & Wells are pub team, hence his reluctance to bring them on. Tonight he must have been desperate. Semenyo may not be fit but his first half dozen touches were shocking, as they are when he is match fit. If we're relying on him for goals we'll be non-league before we know it. As for Wells. In his attempt to knock the ball out for a corner, with his opponent all of 12 inches in front of him, he put the ball straight out for a goal kick. All that was missing was for him to do that sideline throw himself to the turf feigning injury - though looks like he's cottoned on all folks know what he's up to & will laugh at his failings. Not sure he did much else. He is pound for pound the worst signing City have ever made upfront & seems to go out of his way to enhance that dubious record every time he crosses the white line.

We didn't deserve to lose, neither did we deserve to win. But when it comes down to fine margins the remote possibility of hitting the target makes all the difference.

Wells has the look of a man for whom the MLS would even be too much like hard work. To me he's the F-it player for Pearson, the option when there's literally nothing else. I suspect if Wells went he'd have a purple patch somehere else, albeit brief. We simply have to get someone in who wants to be here. With money not available, it will be the out of contract market. There's only so much huffing and puffing that you can get away with in this league.

Archived