IGNORED

Swansea City home - match thread

Jerseybean

Watching at home I have to say that tonight's all round performance was the most positive in a very long time. Lots of good signs for the future.

I'm sure there will be some who don't see it that way...I say, perspective needed. This will be a long haul. But we have finally shaken off the negativity of the previous couple of managers and tried to play our own game. Undone by a bit of a freak goal.

I think we can count ourselves unlucky there.

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Our defence made a mistake and we need a clinical finisher.

We have clinical finishers. It's how we've been able to score goals these past two years - few high quality chances, finished well. Unless Fam was the clinical one all along then it's more a case of tonight our finishing was a bit off. Generally we are a pretty clinical side in comparison to most.

So undeserved. The second half was more even and our attacks were less effective, but their best player probably was the referee, who gifted them a lot of free kicks whereas he didn'r punished many of their fauls. Shame, but I hope that similar performances will bring us points soon.

Much better second half, only one team deserved to win that and it wasn’t them.

I don’t know why we don’t use our width, particularly the left. We also look back inside, was almost like watching England at times in that we never once switched the ball or bypassed a player to move it quicker. 
They looked to do that every time in the first half and regularly dropped a switch ball in behind our full backs that we couldn’t handle.

on that showing I don’t think we will go down, but we need to be more clinical and effective in the final third. Our crossing was pretty crap too, most of semenyos balls were really poor except one I think

Archived