IGNORED

Forest Green Rovers - capacity issues, a response

Dastardly and Muttley

Following the game, I sent an email to FGR raising concerns at the apparent overselling of the stand.

Today, I received the following response from their safety officer.

I still have many questions

- their capacity and our allocation do not match

- why did we return tickets, given it was a sell out within an hour or so?

- why didn’t stewards direct fans in the aisles towards the empty seats?

9E1EC300-B6CA-4174-BDCB-88A291A0ED22.jpeg

Safety is paramount and should always be a responsibility of all. However if we would of won would you still have posted this. I may of missed some previous posts but you would think it unlikely that a club would breach its statuatory regulations around compliance as the consequencies not only financially but closure of a stadium however how big it is would be at risk.

"brushing under the carpet " statements I suggest should not be stated if god forbid there was a serious incident if a situation went legal.

4 minutes ago, City oz said:

Safety is paramount and should always be a responsibility of all. However if we would of won would you still have posted this. I may of missed some previous posts but you would think it unlikely that a club would breach its statuatory regulations around compliance as the consequencies not only financially but closure of a stadium however how big it is would be at risk.

"brushing under the carpet " statements I suggest should not be stated if god forbid there was a serious incident if a situation went legal.

Ok, I’ll edit the post.

Yes, I would have posted this and sent the email had we won, as the situation was dangerous.

Also - if mods feel that this needs to be removed, that’s up to them. I just felt that the response is worth discussing.

If mods rather it’s done offline, then let me know and I’ll email my concerns to the relevant people.

3 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Ok, I’ll edit the post.

Yes, I would have posted this and sent the email had we won, as the situation was dangerous.

Also - if mods feel that this needs to be removed, that’s up to them. I just felt that the response is worth discussing.

If mods rather it’s done offline, then let me know and I’ll email my concerns to the relevant people.

Definately worth discussing. Just looking out for you 

4 minutes ago, Kingswood Village said:

Why on Earth would we as a club send back tickets after declaring a sell out in a matter of hours?? It doesn’t make any sense ??‍♂️

We didn't. Thats Dale Vince trying to make out we had more than enough space. Their stewards didn't have a clue.....they were more interested in calling in their "aggro brigade" one of whom swore at some of our supporters and when challenged refused to give his name. It was an utter joke along by the small shed they call a stand....And we thought the gas were tinpot. FGR...you are just Dale Vinces plaything. That is all.

They are absolutely lieing as i tried to get a ticket or my daughter on the day and was told we had completely sold out

Now i know who i believe out of Jerry, a chap I’ve known for 25 years and someone from FGR looking to save face. 

1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Ok, I’ll edit the post.

I was there and our definitions of dangerous are very different.

12 minutes ago, Banned User said:

I heard people had to stand in the concourse as there was so little room.

I saw a chap complaining to the stewards that there was no room. Had he bothered to push his way through the people stood on the back row, which is where a disproportionate number of people congregate, as I dd, he would have found enough room for him his family his pets and could have spread out with a nice little picnic if he so desired.

The safety regulations and capacity restrictions at stadiums nowadays are such that it is impossible for there to be too little standing room where there are terraces.

I'd like to see the chap I mentioned transported back in time to the away ends at certain City games at Vetch Field or Upton Park, or Bradford, and many others, or the old Wembley for that matter, the poor darling would have been petrified.

13 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I saw a chap complaining to the stewards that there was no room. Had he bothered to push his way through the people stood on the back row, which is where a disproportionate number of people congregate, as I dd, he would have found enough room for him his family his pets and could have spread out with a nice little picnic if he so desired.

The safety regulations and capacity restrictions at stadiums nowadays are such that it is impossible for there to be too little standing room where there are terraces.

I'd like to see the chap I mentioned transported back in time to the away ends at certain City games at Vetch Field or Upton Park, or Bradford, and many others, or the old Wembley for that matter, the poor darling would have been petrified.

I’ve been in grounds where you can lift your feet up and still stay standing.

Archived