IGNORED

One Club Man - fewer and fewer

Hampshire Red

Anyone hear the talksport interview with Francis Banali? He made debut for Saints about the time we had the play off deacle at Walsall so a good way of time-lining his career. Only one league club despite a brief loan out for a few games, i think at Forest.

Real nice bloke always into local charity stuff in Hants, particualry with ex Saints mates Le Tiss and Jason Dodds (from Bath). His interview suggests he could do more media work and I'd forgotten he put himself forward to Rupert Lowe as a candidate for Joint Manager (again with Le TIss) - he didnt even get an interview

Anyway, wondering who your favourite 'One Club' players are for the City, that you can recall watching. And i mean having played say 100+ games, not one-game wonders. Benali only scored 1 goal in 311 appearances so wonder if that was a pen?

14 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It depends how you define `one club man`. Are they allowed brief excursions away (Scotty, Louis) or if they began their career elsewhere  for a short time before pitching up at AG (Scotty again, Tins).

The purest example I suppose is Big John but even he played two games for Pompey.

Could twist it and look for someone like Marvin Brown who I think went non-league after us, but then rejoined in some sort of coaching capacity.

19 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It depends how you define `one club man`. Are they allowed brief excursions away (Scotty, Louis) or if they began their career elsewhere  for a short time before pitching up at AG (Scotty again, Tins).

The purest example I suppose is Big John but even he played two games for Pompey.

No, as they aren’t one club men if they go elsewhere 

I can’t remember our last one club man!

13 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

No, as they aren’t one club men if they go elsewhere 

I can’t remember our last one club man!

Geoff Merrick but for a few appearances at the end of his career for Gloucester City?

Be interested to know the answer. Someone out there will definitely know.

5 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Big John played for Westbury too

Archived