IGNORED

Antione Semenyo

CloudyThatchers

So predictable this forum ?

He had knee surgery mid summer. He didn’t have a preseason. He had his first 60 min of game time 3 days ago in the u23s. Yet a lot of the forum expected an 8/10 performance in the 30 min he was on the pitch?

Get realistic here. Think it shows how desperate NP is for pace and power that he even played him tonight. Clearly has faith in him. He wasn’t great tonight but he is only going to improve this team. He is a calmer head away from a very good player. 

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

He had knee surgery mid summer. He didn’t have a preseason. He had his first 60 min of game time 3 days ago in the u23s. Yet a lot of the forum expected an 8/10 performance in the 30 min he was on the pitch?

Get realistic here. Think it shows how desperate NP is for pace and power that he even played him tonight. Clearly has faith in him. He wasn’t great tonight but he is only going to improve this team. He is a calmer head away from a very good player. 

Completely agree.

So much clueless nonsense posted on otib.

I get the injury situation but he's not good enough at Championship level. That is not a knee jerk reaction, just the reality I'm afraid. 

58 BCFC appearances - 2 goals (both off his backside)

Yes, he is only 21 years of age but even at a lower level when on loan at Newport, he only managed 3 goals in 21 games. 

If an offer comes in (probably from Sunderland), I would take it!

8 minutes ago, stoke giiford red said:

Does he really want to be at this club?

I'm baffled that so many 'big' clubs are interested in him as he can't shoot, cross or pass the ball very well

Well he was IMO a very important player for us last season. Pretty sure he had most accurate passes for us. First game back and yes he did look off the pace but hardly surprising.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I get the injury situation but he's not good enough at Championship level. That is not a knee jerk reaction, just the reality I'm afraid. 

Yes, he is only 21 years of age but even at a lower level when on loan at Newport, he only managed 3 goals in 21 games. 

I know he's a "forward" player but why define your reason by resorting to goals / games, especially when the vast majority are playing wide.  why not introduce assists if you're going to be so 1s and 0s?  why not look at starts and subs, or minutes too?

So ignoring those stats please explain why in your opinion the reality is that "he's not good enough".

Whilst this is probably a bad comparison. Andy Cole at age 20/21 scored 20 goals in 41 appearances for us and then went on at age 22/23 to score 55 goals in 70 appearances at Newcastle...

I would love to be proved wrong, but Semenyo is a league below championship level. 

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know he's a "forward" player but why define your reason by resorting to goals / games, especially when the vast majority are playing wide.  why not introduce assists if you're going to be so 1s and 0s?  why not look at starts and subs, or minutes too?

So ignoring those stats please explain why in your opinion the reality is that "he's not good enough".

Dave - he's not really effective as a wide man is he?

8 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Well he was IMO a very important player for us last season. Pretty sure he had most accurate passes for us. First game back and yes he did look off the pace but hardly surprising.

WHAT 

THE 

Unbelievable.

Do you watch games on Radio Bristol?

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Whilst this is probably a bad comparison. Andy Cole at age 20/21 scored 20 goals in 41 appearances for us and then went on at age 22/23 to score 55 goals in 70 appearances at Newcastle...

I would love to be proved wrong, but Semenyo is a league below championship level. 

Yes, its a terrible comparison.  Was Andy Cole plucked from College football?  Was Antoine at Arsenal

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Dave - he's not really effective as a wide man is he?

But why do you think that?

FWIW I think he has a lot of work to do on his game, but I'm interested in what forms your opinion.

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Totally agree, when he is with the ball he doesn't look up to see who is around, his crossing is woeful and scoring records says it all.

He’s not up to it end of story. His pace excites at times as any quick player does but let’s be honest his end product is not there. Yes he got a lot of assists last season but if you look back at those goal movements, 5 on 3 overloads you’d expect anyone to provide an assist or at least a clear cut chance at goal. Sadly for once

our midfield actually did very well tonight but there was no creative spark at all. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, its a terrible comparison.  Was Andy Cole plucked from College football?  Was Antoine at Arsenal

But why do you think that?

FWIW I think he has a lot of work to do on his game, but I'm interested in what forms your opinion.

It's not a very scientific answer - I just don't rate him mate and think League 1 / 2 is his level.  

Only issue I have with semenyo is he never or rarely ever takes on his man on the outside. He is supposed to have pace, power, strength and trickery. When I’m a one on one situation, which he was on a few occasions tonight, does he not drop his shoulder and take his man on? May find more opportunities are created if he did! Can’t stand him just running inside crowding the middle and play ending up to nothing

I said it on another thread he is the carbon copy of Junior Bent. So much pace and endeavour but the end product is so poor its unbelievable.. I think Nige will be forced to stick with him but he just doesn’t look like a natural footballer to me.. a great athlete but his footballing brain is western conference standard at best IMO.

18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

You don’t remember the quality goal he scored away at Millwall then? Funnily enough, I was just criticising him for his crossing tonight but to be writing him off when he clearly has something about him is utterly ridiculous! First game back after knee surgery, I have no doubt he’ll be a quality player for us and that NP believes in him 

1 minute ago, BOSRed said:

Only issue I have with semenyo is he never or rarely ever takes on his man on the outside. He is supposed to have pace, power, strength and trickery. When I’m a one on one situation, which he was on a few occasions tonight, does he not drop his shoulder and take his man on? May find more opportunities are created if he did! Can’t stand him just running inside crowding the middle and play ending up to nothing

I would prefer it if he played left wing (if we persevere with playing him wide.

At the end of the day he's raw, partly missing some pro development years.  I'd play him central and see how he does....but he might not get much game time there at the mo'.

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Off topic slightly but in the same amount of games at the same age Tammy scored more goals than Cole for City,can’t see him having anywhere near a career that Cole had tho 

Just now, Davefevs said:

I would prefer it if he played left wing (if we persevere with playing him wide.

At the end of the day he's raw, partly missing some pro development years.  I'd play him central and see how he does....but he might not get much game time there at the mo'.

give it up man he’s not up to it. 

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Do you ? Or are you one of those people every time we lose has to overreact to everything like you just did then....Weirdo

Sorry mate, you’ll have to give me a clue with this one.

Thats my opinion, on a public forum.

Did you watch the game on Sky?

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He can't control the ball half the time. 

Being a physical specimen, and pacy, simply doesn't cut it at this level - not for BCFC at any rate.

At this level, if we want to be a serious team, we've never been good enough to indulge "project players" unless they're exceptional. 

A Bristol City team that has the likes of Semenyo, Pring, Scott - project players - as regular starters will struggle to win enough games at Chamionship level. Pearson - a strong arm centre half - isn't going to be impressed by Atkinson being put on his backside before Swansea score either. 

Reid, Bryan, Brownhill, Webster - they were projects, improved and then sold for profit. The current lot aren't in the same league as those players imo.  

(You know all this anyway)

15 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Poor decision to bring him on in my opinion. I get he needs minutes but you can't afford to carry someone I this league, he was poor. 

NP error here - Palmer and Wells on for Scott and Dasilva was the shout IMO.

Not a massive Palmer fan but if ever there was a situation where he could have caused damage this was it.

39 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

The bloke's not good enough ...

He wasn't up to this standard before the injury - he's not up to it now...nothings changed.

Calmer head,,,football brain - whatever way you wish to describe.

He just hasn't got it.

Archived