IGNORED

Antione Semenyo

CloudyThatchers

Just now, INCRED said:

I would also add confidence, he’s quick, powerful and has that precious ability to just ghost past players and reminds me a bit of Saka at Arsenal. If NP can get him running at teams then he will be a handful for anyone 

I agree if Nigel gets him going he’s some player on his day , needs more of them . As you z he’s unique in what he brings to the team as no one does what he does . 

But the training has paid off. Antoine can genuinely cross the ball. He wasn't on for long but to get into the box and then float a cross was miles better than 'just hit it and see.' 

I have been very much on the fence regarding Antoine but his appetite for the game and the cameo performance yesterday speaks volumes about him plus the help he's getting from NP and the backroom staff.

NP in recent interviews suggests that he's content with the squad he has. This includes AS. Heck, he could become the new David Fairclough (one for us oldies).

1 hour ago, Norn Iron said:

But the training has paid off. Antoine can genuinely cross the ball. He wasn't on for long but to get into the box and then float a cross was miles better than 'just hit it and see.' 

I have been very much on the fence regarding Antoine but his appetite for the game and the cameo performance yesterday speaks volumes about him plus the help he's getting from NP and the backroom staff.

NP in recent interviews suggests that he's content with the squad he has. This includes AS. Heck, he could become the new David Fairclough (one for us oldies).

I was thinking earlier that I hope that he doesn't become "super sub", it could  be very tempting to use him this way to batter tiring defenders, but it would also be detrimental to his progress.

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I was thinking earlier that I hope that he doesn't become "super sub", it could  be very tempting to use him this way to batter tiring defenders, but it would also be detrimental to his progress.

Yes, good point well made. David Fairclough did get several games though in the starting 11, but from what I remember wasn't as good as when wearing the no 12 shirt. Being the original supersub was used to maximum effect however.

46 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Yes, good point well made. David Fairclough did get several games though in the starting 11, but from what I remember wasn't as good as when wearing the no 12 shirt. Being the original supersub was used to maximum effect however.

Ah, the days of one sub - some on here will remember the days of no subs, woodbines, brylcreem, shoulder charging goalies ...

Archived