IGNORED

Massengo - Brilliant.

Waconda

1 minute ago, VT05763 said:

As close to a 10 out of 10 in a losing cause that you will ever see - simply superb.

He was a class above anything in the centre circle tonight. Shame he was offered no outlet at all and nobody picking up the ball off him to create. Chucked under the bus too often on here 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was good tonight.  Him and James did a very good job sparking attacks, and stopping Swansea pass for fun.  How many chances did James have tonight....much more to his game than the "DM" many assumed he was. 

They are a great pairing. I still think somewhere a 3-5-2 has to be lurking in NPs mind, if he has to "make do" with this squad as he says often. 

Palmer or Scott in front of them would be very decent IMO.

11 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

As close to a 10 out of 10 in a losing cause that you will ever see - simply superb.

The wig, the glasses, the catchphrase, brilliant. 

6 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Played well, nice touches and short passing. 

However, really needs an end product. An incisive pass, an assist or a goal. 

Does he? Not sure I agree that that's his role.

11 minutes ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

Got to say AND THIS WILL SHOCK OLDER LADS - He reminded me (and a few of my mates) of Sir Gerry Gow in his pomp 

I was thinking Korey Smith but Gerry Gow? high praise indeed, if he turns out to be half as good then maybe he might just take US to the next level.

Needs an arm around him, and to be told he has a 20 game run unless his form drops off a cliff.

Best(worst) thing about him is I think he gets better in a good side.

Unbelievable shape into engagement and out into space, only loses the ball when isolated. Quick and getting bigger too.

If I was manager he would be in there with Matty James and thats my two. I think he needs that backing to get better.

34 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Needs an arm around him, and to be told he has a 20 game run unless his form drops off a cliff.

Best(worst) thing about him is I think he gets better in a good side.

Unbelievable shape into engagement and out into space, only loses the ball when isolated. Quick and getting bigger too.

If I was manager he would be in there with Matty James and thats my two. I think he needs that backing to get better.

To add to this, I think Andy King is a great acquisiton to the squad on and off the pitch but will offer some guile late on in games.

Seems to be a ghost in the box too.

I do find it ironic that we still talk about Semenyo as “raw” and “young with massive potential”, yet a few here expect HNM to be prime Frank Rijkaard and he is nearly 2 years younger than Antoine and yet in my mind, immeasurably more mature in ability and football mind.

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

I do find it ironic that we still talk about Semenyo as “raw” and “young with massive potential”, yet a few here expect HNM to be prime Frank Rijkaard and he is nearly 2 years younger than Antoine and yet in my mind, immeasurably more mature in ability and football mind.

We paid money for Massengo so I suppose he gets judged harder.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Was good tonight.  Him and James did a very good job sparking attacks, and stopping Swansea pass for fun.  How many chances did James have tonight....much more to his game than the "DM" many assumed he was. 

Indeed, sound technically and can nick a few from midfield- got 3 in half a season for Coventry last season- as well as the obvious DM and organisational attributes he has.

Great game from a hugely promising talent. Some of his moves where he pirouetted, not sure that’s even a word, to get out of trouble we’re Houdini like.

I don’t think even he would say it was a 10 out of 10  performance, a couple mistakes and an occasional lack of composure.
I think he’ll get better and better, we  may not see the best of him for a couple years yet when I reckon he’ll be the real deal……hopefully with us 

25 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

A couple of non city friends who must have been watching on TV messaged me and said why has Massengo not played more for us. Both thought he was class

I must say that he produced a few eye catching tricks and turns I haven't seen him use before, I'd like to say that wasn't because the TV cameras were there, but not sure I can in all honesty.

7 hours ago, VT05763 said:

They are a great pairing. I still think somewhere a 3-5-2 has to be lurking in NPs mind, if he has to "make do" with this squad as he says often. 

Palmer or Scott in front of them would be very decent IMO.

Our lack of wing backs would stop up playing a 3-5-2. Only Pring would really suit this formation and as good as he looked he's only played 2 league games for us and no 90 mins. Dasilva is better as a left back in a 4 coming onto play, his delivery isn't good enough to play consistently at wing back. Right back / right wing back is a massive weak point in our squad. Simpson looked scared to pass the half way line at times last night, assuming he doesn't have the legs to get up amd down anymore and Vyner is also better suited to RCB. Really hope we bring someone in to give us more flexibility and opportunity to change formation. 

Someone similar to Swanseas right wing back would be great! Dasilva couldn't get near him tonight, I thought he was their best player. 

Archived