IGNORED

Curse

bs3

Is there a curse on Ashton Gate since the rebuild.

Before the redevelopment Ashton Gate over the years was somewhat of a fortress but since the rebuild our home form have been the worst in the history of this club . It is only our away form in the best 5 years have kept is up, 

Something is serious wrong with a foot ball club who have only won at home a handful of times in the past 5 years.

Think the home results/form acceptable in 2017/18 and even 2016/17 but it has not been the hard away venue of old in general post rebuild...

Then again, even in 2017/18 for pretty much a half-season the away form outstripped the home...we went unbeaten on the road from away game 2 to the end of December 2017...pretty unheard of at this level for us!

Back to the home form bit, used to be a pretty tough away game, and known as such- yet there is hope in the sense that our performances to date at home (only 2 games) have been quite decent- decent performances gradually can feed into improved results.

I don’t think we’ll ever replace the atmosphere that the east end gave us. I don’t doubt that people tried last night but the atmosphere was woeful. First 15-20 mins was plenty of singing then after the goal very little. Last 20 minutes when we were chasing the game the old east end would have practically sucked the ball into the goal with their energy and atmosphere, south stand is just silent in comparison.

Compared to the away fans, loud and sang all night.

Also, as others alluded to, I expect the away facilities and changing rooms are now much nicer than before with some luxuries. It’s probably seen as one of the better places to come now as an away team

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I don’t think we’ll ever replace the atmosphere that the east end gave us. I don’t doubt that people tried last night but the atmosphere was woeful. First 15-20 mins was plenty of singing then after the goal very little. Last 20 minutes when we were chasing the game the old east end would have practically sucked the ball into the goal with their energy and atmosphere, south stand is just silent in comparison.

Compared to the away fans, loud and sang all night.

Also, as others alluded to, I expect the away facilities and changing rooms are now much nicer than before with some luxuries. It’s probably seen as one of the better places to come now as an away team

The layout of fans in the ground really doesn’t help.

A big away following take the whole Atyeo end & bellow straight at the quieter sections of Lansdown, Dolman & then right across the pitch - while the city singing section are tucked away the other end where no one can hear them. 

Giving away fans the corner of Williams while the East End dominated them was how it should be.

Whoever designed it has given away fans the advantage.

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

A big away following take the whole Atyeo end & bellow straight at the quieter sections of Lansdown, Dolman & then right across the pitch - while the city singing section are tucked away the other end where no one can hear them. 

Giving away fans the corner of Williams while the East End dominated them was how it should be.

Does it really make that much difference, we hardly set the world alight with no fans in the ground.

5 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

Yep I agree 100%. Away fans should not get a whole stand behind a goal IMO

6 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Does it really make that much difference, we hardly set the world alight with no fans in the ground.

Was taking about the atmosphere.

But yes, we weren’t exactly thrilling in most games during the period with no fans and better with us back for Blackpool & Swansea so far.

Archived