IGNORED

Keith Fear

GrahamC

No, don’t fret, he’s still with us.

But I saw a post on social media yesterday that he had retired then after working in the wholesale fruit market.

He’s 69 now, it just showed to me how different times were back then, this is the bloke who scored the winner at Tottenham, got the goal in the home tie with Leeds that led to the famous Gillies’ winner in the replay, he was never an automatic choice in the top flight, but played a fair bit in those first 2 seasons.

Know nothing about his personal circumstances & he might well have loved his job, but there is absolutely no way his counterparts these days will still be at work like this at pushing 70.

Good player by the way, no pace but decent technique & as the paragraph above shows, scored some big goals for us.

9 minutes ago, harrys said:

Little known fact that he also had a brother that played for City, Vivian. Tom Richie’s brother was on our books as well and played a few times for us

Didn't Viv give him a kidney and then said "He's still a miserable bastard"

15 minutes ago, Red Bill said:

Terrific skill and would have been a top player had he been taller.  I remember him scoring at Eastville with a lovely chip over their keeper.  1971 ish.

He scored at Eastville in ‘74 when we beat them 4-1, my first time at Eastville other than the market or bonfire night !!!!

Keith was very skilful, a bit like David Noble. He got more game time after we offloaded Bobby Gould from memory but didn't play such a big part in the promotion year due to the emergence of Paul Cheesley. Remember his famous goal against Leeds in the FA Cup game at AG to make it 1-1 and go to a replay which we won at Elland Road.

I'd forgotten about his goal v Leeds but I well remember his "handball" effort against Derby that was even more obvious than Maradona's against Shilton. The only person at Ashton Gate who didnt see it that night was the referee. That night was truly "the hand of God" and the point we earned that night kept us up that first saeson

5 hours ago, harrys said:

He scored at Eastville in ‘74 when we beat them 4-1, my first time at Eastville other than the market or bonfire night !!!!

'74 was it?  Yes, I remember we beat them 4-1.  Also my first time at Eastville.  I believe they have moved on to better things......

5 hours ago, harrys said:

I thought he scored twice, but I stand to be corrected. I enjoyed the game, result and the aftermath immensely. My uncle (Royston John) took me and I remember going with him to await the arrival of the Green'Un at the newsagents on Hillside Road. Full of Gas heads they asked my uncle what he thought of the game. That's it, he said, I've had it with City. Worst I've ever seen us play. Great Times! 

2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I thought he scored twice, but I stand to be corrected. I enjoyed the game, result and the aftermath immensely. My uncle (Royston John) took me and I remember going with him to await the arrival of the Green'Un at the newsagents on Hillside Road. Full of Gas heads they asked my uncle what he thought of the game. That's it, he said, I've had it with City. Worst I've ever seen us play. Great Times! 

As we started chanting in the "Harold" enclosure............"Fear Mann Tainton Fear ":boxing::laughcont:

Archived