IGNORED

Kalas throw

fishy

1 hour ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

We have to stick with it because we can’t create anything clear cut in open play

ok @Davefevs that’s fair! I’m still sulking having spent 12hours doing a round trip to Bristol that should have been possible in 6. We do create a little, we just didn’t work the opposition goalkeeper once last night for 90mins. 

1 minute ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

ok @Davefevs that’s fair! I’m still sulking having spent 12hours doing a round trip to Bristol that should have been possible in 6. We do create a little, we just didn’t work the opposition goalkeeper once last night for 90mins. 

We didn’t work the keeper enough, agreed. ??.

Its why we have to be careful with stats in isolation.  A certain BBCRB caller focused on shots on target v Blackpool, we had 2.  Last night, according to BBC sport we had 5, so how come we scored less? ??‍♂️.

Im being facetious (not to you), and I wish the keeper didn’t get worked at all, just let the effers go into the net ???

As said before it’s not necessarily about creating something in the first phase, if you pick up the second ball then great. How often do teams work a shooting chance from a throw in from a similar position when they go short? How often is the ball turned over within 5 seconds? 

34 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

He can't throw it far enough. It reaches the fringe of the 6yard box, whereas you need to dump it on the goalies head. 

I agree with this - it’s a long throw sure, but not quite long enough if last night is anything to go by. 

Add that to the fact that last night it was expected (Swansea had done their homework) and it becomes easier to defend.

13 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

He can't throw it far enough. It reaches the fringe of the 6yard box, whereas you need to dump it on the goalies head. 

Villa managed a lovely goal when the throw only reached the 6 yard box.

If you can win the flick on that’s plenty far enough. The second ball is much harder to defend than the throw

Archived