IGNORED

Alex Scott (Merged)

Red Army 75

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

This has probably been mentioned before, but didn’t SL have a hand in his first coming over for a trial etc etc?

Think it was Tinnion who “spotted” him per se.  We had 2 youngsters (Jake Andrews and a certain Cameron Pring!) go to Guernsey on loan, so assume he built a relationship with Guernsey Manager Tony Vance from that.  Might well have known Scott from him being at Southampton.  One of my mates has a son in the Academy and recently put up a tweet showing a photo of his son challenging Scott in a much younger age group match v Southampton.

6 hours ago, pillred said:

All pretty low key, thought with good news like that there would have been more about it on here seems I missed the article.

If you discount local radio sports bulletins, a thread on this forum, the official website, twitter updates, Facebook video posts & the local paper.... Hardly anyone has mentioned it...! 

• The title was changed to Alex Scott (Merged)
1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Good news. We just need HNM to sign on the dotted line now. 

Yes, I’d be tying him down to another 2 years asap if it were me.  Don’t want him getting anywhere near his final year (no option either).

Nige was really complimentary back end of last season, and on Friday too, but also a little “still got things to learn” message thrown in.

Scott and Massengo are two diamonds with what appear to be great attitudes.  At the start of the season I said if Scott got 1000 Champ minutes he could count that a success.  He has 277 already (285 on Wyscout as they count added time too). Scott was relatively quiet on Friday, but when he did get on the ball he was very creative with it.  Need to manage him carefully, but I think Nige thinks he’s better for the team than more senior players.

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

If you discount local radio sports bulletins, a thread on this forum, the official website, twitter updates, Facebook video posts & the local paper.... Hardly anyone has mentioned it...! 

Again where is the thread? there were no threads headlined Alex Scott signs, I don't listen to the radio and have no interest in social media and haven't bought the evening post for years so it was easy for me to have missed it it was reported on BBC sport on the night I posted it thinking I was passing on some breaking news to fellow posters makes me wonder why I bothered with sarcasm like yours. 

Just now, pillred said:

Again where is the thread? there were no threads headlined Alex Scott signs, I don't listen to the radio and have no interest in social media and haven't bought the evening post for years so it was easy for me to have missed it it was reported on BBC sport on the night I posted it thinking I was passing on some breaking news to fellow posters makes me wonder why I bothered with sarcasm like yours. 

Your thread has now been merged.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, I’d be tying him down to another 2 years asap if it were me.  Don’t want him getting anywhere near his final year (no option either).

Nige was really complimentary back end of last season, and on Friday too, but also a little “still got things to learn” message thrown in.

Scott and Massengo are two diamonds with what appear to be great attitudes.  At the start of the season I said if Scott got 1000 Champ minutes he could count that a success.  He has 277 already (285 on Wyscout as they count added time too). Scott was relatively quiet on Friday, but when he did get on the ball he was very creative with it.  Need to manage him carefully, but I think Nige thinks he’s better for the team than more senior players.

I'm not trying to be negative but I really have reservations whether we will be able to extend HNM's contract. In my opinion I feel we may lose him for a lower fee before then or he'll go out the door on a free.

Just now, RedRoss said:

I'm not trying to be negative but I really have reservations whether we will be able to extend HNM's contract. In my opinion I feel we may lose him for a lower fee before then or he'll go out the door on a free.

Why do you think that?

3 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Why? I’m not sure I’ve seen enough yet that would have a host of other clubs desperate for his signature. 
Im still trying to work out exactly what kind of player he is going to be. 

45 minutes ago, pillred said:

You're in it.

I merged your thread with the original one.

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Why do you think that?

Honestly nothing more than a pessimistic hunch. Just feel like there will be a host of other clubs ready to pounce and I'm sure Han and his representatives would of expected us to be further on as a club since he joined.

Just now, RedRoss said:

Honestly nothing more than a pessimistic hunch. Just feel like there will be a host of other clubs ready to pounce and I'm sure Han and his representatives would of expected us to be further on as a club since he joined.

As he will only be 22 at the end of his contract here, assuming we offer him a deal commensurate to what he’s on, any club would have to pay compensation.  The likelihood is he’d have 100+ Champ appearances by that point and we would not be getting nothing ?

As it currently stands we actually hold a bit of control. Han loves Championship football too.

Archived