IGNORED

Alex Scott (Merged)

Red Army 75

Hello all

Delighted that Alex Scott has signed a long term deal and so far he has certainly looked at home in the championship. 

However, let's let him develop and mature without too much pressure.

If you think I'm being negative just read this from 2 years ago about massengo

So I know massengo was superb against swansea but lets face it the last 2 years have been up and down for him. Some of the comments on the thread 'he wont be here past christmas '...'we have to enjoy him whilst we can' , 'best midfielder at the club by  long way'. Clearly that hype hasn't  panned out (hopefully yet!) and at times he has been out the squad,  never mind out the team!  He is still really young too and hopefully this season he has gone up a level.

Im all for being excited and I have been impressed with Scott but let's be patient too. It's not like he has scored 5 goals in 3games...he has had some very solid performances, incredible for an 18 year old but will need time to fully find his feet.

2 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Hello all

Delighted that Alex Scott has signed a long term deal and so far he has certainly looked at home in the championship. 

However, let's let him develop and mature without too much pressure.

If you think I'm being negative just read this from 2 years ago about massengo

So I know massengo was superb against swansea but lets face it the last 2 years have been up and down for him. Some of the comments on the thread 'he wont be here past christmas '...'we have to enjoy him whilst we can't.. clearly that didnt pan out.

Im all for being excited and I have been impressed with Scott but let's be patient too. It's not like he has scored 5 goals in 3games...he has had some very solid performances, incredible for an 18 year old but will need time to fully find his feet.

I think people have been pretty realistic about Scott. Most acknowledge that he's very talented but will need to be broken in gradually. I haven't seen one comment that is completely OTT. 

As for the comments on Massengo - it's a football forum. People are allowed a bit of hyperbole and excitement - even if it's slightly exaggerated. We don't have that much to get excited about so let people enjoy getting a bit carried away from time to time after a great individual performance.

16 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

If he carries on the way he is he won't be too far away from the U-21 side. That'll be when the offers start coming in

Doesn't he still quality for England u17 having only just turned 18 ?

Says a lot that he's selected for the u19 age group.

I agree, given his current rate of progress, he could be in the u21s by the end of the season.

25 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Doesn't he still quality for England u17 having only just turned 18 ?

Says a lot that he's selected for the u19 age group.

I agree, given his current rate of progress, he could be in the u21s by the end of the season.

Given that rate of progress, he'll be eligible for the Masters' games ?

Archived