IGNORED

Sheffield Utd having a Mare

Redstart

I thought Sheffield would be right up there this year, especially with parachute payments etc etc. 4 games in and they only managed their first league goal in the 92nd minute today and then conceded a winner in the 94th. This at home to the mighty Huddersfield

They spent £24m on Brewster last year and he hasn't scored a single league goal for them yet. That's a serious waste of money. 

Perhaps things aren't as bad as we think down the Gate ?

Speaking of teams struggling I see Shrewsbury under Cotterill lost again. Yet to score a goal also. I don’t know what their expectations are as a club this season and I get the impression they had a weak/small squad to work with.

I’m sure Cotterill can turn it round for them given time. Would be good to see him succeed there after the time he’s had recently.

11 minutes ago, Redstart said:

I thought Sheffield would be right up there this year, especially with parachute payments etc etc. 4 games in and they only managed their first league goal in the 92nd minute today and then conceded a winner in the 94th. This at home to the mighty Huddersfield

They spent £24m on Brewster last year and he hasn't scored a single league goal for them yet. That's a serious waste of money. 

Jokanovic sides have a history of starting slowly don't they then bursting into life?

Historically Fulham under Jokanovic always started slowly before clicking into gear and building momentum combine that with a team who like us got used to losing 

I see Blackpool came from 2 down at Bournemouth to draw 2-2, whilst frustrating maybe our draw wasn’t as bad as it seemed at the time 

14 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Jokanovic sides have a history of starting slowly don't they then bursting into life?

Jokanovic apparently said in midweek he needs 6 players before the deadline closes, but he’ll settle for a minimum of 5.

Bearing in mind that is only 10 days away & they have the massive advantage of parachute payments, plus have many of last season’s side that played in The Prem, their preparations for this season have been totally shambolic.

Excellent- they’re actually a decent club (Sharpe aside) with decent fans, but it adds some potential interest and  unpredictability. At this (admittedly early point) Fulham and WBA are 1 and 2 and Norwich are rock bottom of the prem, suggesting another season of parachute payment yo yo yawn fest.

1 minute ago, Bedred31 said:

Excellent- they’re actually a decent club (Sharpe aside) with decent fans, but it adds some potential interest and  unpredictability. At this (admittedly early point) Fulham and WBA are 1 and 2 and Norwich are rock bottom of the prem, suggesting another season of parachute payment yo yo yawn fest.

To be fair to Norwich , when the fixtures came out as Liverpool home , Man City away they weren’t expecting to be top

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Ipswich still haven't won either :shifty:

Bet their fans would welcome the chance to high five the chief exec pitchside now.  :)

Bet he will be keeping a very low profile at the moment. Either that or giving Portman Road another lick of paint.

1 hour ago, Redstart said:

It’s 4 games!

1 minute ago, Redstart said:

Yep 4 games, 1 goal scored, minus 6 goal average for a team that were Premiership last year. Can you even imagine what this forum would be like if that was us and we'd just lost at home to Huddersfield. ?

It would probably be loads of people moaning but that doesn’t make it correct. Their manager makes slow starts at new clubs.  Nothing to panic about yet for them 

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Speaking of teams struggling I see Shrewsbury under Cotterill lost again. Yet to score a goal also. I don’t know what their expectations are as a club this season and I get the impression they had a weak/small squad to work with.

I’m sure Cotterill can turn it round for them given time. Would be good to see him succeed there after the time he’s had recently.

Expectations were to do much better than last season, hopefully get on a roll and see what happens.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Expectations were to do much better than last season, hopefully get on a roll and see what happens.

He wouldn't like to admit it but Covid probably took a lot out of him.

I'd really like to see him do well there and I think he will. Hope the board don't make any kneejerk decisions. 

4 hours ago, Redstart said:

Sheffield United*

(let's be fair, we wouldn't be pleased if they called us "Bristol")

3 hours ago, Redstart said:

Yep 4 games, 1 goal scored, minus 6 goal average for a team that were Premiership last year. Can you even imagine what this forum would be like if that was us and we'd just lost at home to Huddersfield. ?

Did you see what it was like on this forum when we beat Huddersfield!?

1 hour ago, Redstart said:

At my age mate I may not live that long ?

Just turned 21 then redstart?  :)

I was 22 when we last achieved something significant - Alan Dicks was the manager at the time!  :(

25 minutes ago, swanker said:

It’s obvious you care, you opened up this thread and commented at about 1:00 in the morning? 

Saturday nights ain’t what they used to be!

Well, it seems they’re not easy, like Sunday morning!

Archived