IGNORED

Forest

Jerseybean

So how many on here baying for the board to appt Houghton would take him now? Its like magic how the moaners go silent when inevitably they are proved wrong. Usually best to leave it to the board not listen to a minority of forum posters. Even though NPs results are disastrous, I would to change him. 

Just now, Hampshire Red said:

So how many on here baying for the board to appt Houghton would take him now? Its like magic how the moaners go silent when inevitably they are proved wrong. Usually best to leave it to the board not listen to a minority of forum posters. Even though NPs results are disastrous, I would to change him. 

If we still had Johnson or Holden I would still want Houghton.

The fact is he is a better manager than them, not sure he is better than NP. 

5 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Just because it hasn’t worked out for him there (yet) doesn’t mean that it would’ve gone tits up here or that he’s suddenly a bad manager.

38 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Many fans from other clubs look at us and wonder how NP got the job after last season. From the outside it always looks different to the inside.

44 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

So you’re basing how CH might have done had he been given the job here based on how he is getting on at forest? 

Think from the outside it isn’t just the defeats, but the way in which they’re playing.

Ultra defensive with virtually no shots on goal.

Clearly there are some who are critical of Pearson’s (terrible) win ratio but we are certainly a far better watch than last season, are having far more attempts on goal, more energy & the semblance of a plan.

Doubt Hughton has long left if he can’t turn it around soon.

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

The moaners are inevitably proven wrong, apart from the ones who wanted holden and ashton out last season

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

No, we’ve gone silent because we’ve appointed a different manager. One that most were in agreement was a great choice so why worry about HUGHTON?

Hughton would not have been a worse appointment than Holden IMO, even with hindsight (though admittedly hard to evidence that)

As for leaving it to the board, hardly an impeccable record and we didn’t choose Pearson over Hughton, we went for Holden

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They struggled last season, though Hughton inherited a terrible start and steadied the ship.

Since last season they've got weaker if anything and like varied others, their squad has got thinner...maybe not such a surprise at this early stage.

Their summer business….or lack of it.

4D7EF98A-172A-4B1D-ABDC-BF7AC35A9D4F.thumb.jpeg.7d98be38e2e65b7805ffa6e79ccea803.jpeg

Plus Freeman, Knockaert, Christie and Garner gone back to their home clubs.

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Their summer business….or lack of it.

4D7EF98A-172A-4B1D-ABDC-BF7AC35A9D4F.thumb.jpeg.7d98be38e2e65b7805ffa6e79ccea803.jpeg

Plus Freeman, Knockaert, Christie and Garner gone back to their home clubs.

Ooh ouch.

I knew their summer trading was not ideal but that is really not ideal. Their past squad was probably too big but looks like cutbacks in evidence.

Garner might be heading back there on loan however.

14 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

No one would have been up in arms about us appointing Pearson over to Hughton....but we didnt. We appointed Holden

14 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Yet another silly post with only a basic interpretation of the context. 

I really think you'd be better suited to posting here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/216839798346853

15 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

We left it to the board and they kept Johnson two years too long, we listened to the board and they appointed Holden, we listened to the board and they appointed Pearson who has won 3 or 4 games out of twenty odd with the longest streak of home games without a win in living memory (I do actually think that he will turn it round though, given time) you can’t judge a season after four games, weren’t we top of the league last season after four games?

28 minutes ago, harrys said:

We left it to the board and they kept Johnson two years too long, we listened to the board and they appointed Holden, we listened to the board and they appointed Pearson who has won 3 or 4 games out of twenty odd with the longest streak of home games without a win in living memory (I do actually think that he will turn it round though, given time) you can’t judge a season after four games, weren’t we top of the league last season after four games?

Whilst I agree with not judging on four games results wise, as I understand it the broader concern at Forest is performance wise (and even when we were winning last season, a lot of us saw it was false and raised the concerns).

From what I read, Hughton is either passive or negative. If you’re losing, that’s not an attitude that fills you with confidence in getting out of trouble. I get the “let’s be hard to beat first” approach, but as we saw last year, that doesn’t work.

You also have to remember from a Forest perspective they held onto their last manager for too long after form fell off a cliff. Can’t blame them for wanting an early change this time.

16 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Yes the Board made a very shrewd decision in appointing Holden instead. How long was it that he lasted.

Archived