IGNORED

Forever Bristol City, OSIB, etc.

The Original OTIB

1 minute ago, 3 Peaps In A PodCast said:

Patch is me, im the host, fan of 33 years, started the podcast in 2015, the “Bonus Show (started in Feb 2020)” is a City post match with Matt Withers (Evening Post Fan Columnist fan of 40 plus years) and we always have a different fan with us.  This week it was Nigel Whittle.  Look out for our episodes starting Robins Reunited too…

Thank you "Patch", but what I mean is real names, where from, now living, years on the clock (tick, above), etc. Maybe it's just me, but it would be nice to have context to get more understanding of the character/background of the contributors. Anyway, enjoying it so far ... 

21 minutes ago, 3 Peaps In A PodCast said:

Patch is me, im the host, fan of 33 years, started the podcast in 2015, the “Bonus Show (started in Feb 2020)” is a City post match with Matt Withers (Evening Post Fan Columnist fan of 40 plus years) and we always have a different fan with us.  This week it was Nigel Whittle.  Look out for our episodes starting Robins Reunited too…

I enjoy the podcasts.  (Not so much the name or the theme tune!!)

Always like to hear Matt's analysis, probably because he has a similar take on things to me.   You obviously have some good contacts, Patch, given the access you have to the club and past players which serves the podcasts well. 

Finding the Reunions really interesting.  The two Lees were great.  Both seem to have genuinely enjoyed their time at City and very interesting to hear their different attitudes and enjoyment of playing the game. And also how things have changed for Peacock now he's coaching.  Both likeable characters. 

Always enjoy OSIB especially cider with.  Pete and Shtan so great research and really get the interviewee to open up.   Great flow to those.

FBC is the one I listen to least.   Almost too soon after the game.  Think contributions might be better if there's more time to reflect.  

1 minute ago, Red Skin said:

I enjoy the podcasts.  (Not so much the name or the theme tune!!)

Always like to hear Matt's analysis, probably because he has a similar take on things to me.   You obviously have some good contacts, Patch, given the access you have to the club and past players which serves the podcasts well. 

Finding the Reunions really interesting.  The two Lees were great.  Both seem to have genuinely enjoyed their time at City and very interesting to hear their different attitudes and enjoyment of playing the game. And also how things have changed for Peacock now he's coaching.  Both likeable characters. 

Always enjoy OSIB especially cider with.  Pete and Shtan so great research and really get the interviewee to open up.   Great flow to those.

FBC is the one I listen to least.   Almost too soon after the game.  Think contributions might be better if there's more time to reflect.  

Cheers sir… re the name and theme tune there is a history with the podcast with the City content coming further down the line… we lost one of the original 3 Peaps so its a legacy for him too… Glad you enjoy the show, the 2 Lee’s are great entertainment as were all of the ex players and staff.  

I enjoy listening to all three podcasts in the days after a game. I normally listen to OSIB first as it is quite positive, a bit of a piss take of themselves and a good 'pub' chat.

Then 3 Peaps as it is very balanced, smoothly done (even 'Boro' away) and generally a very good listen.

Finally FBC which can be a bit grating with the poor production, people talking over one another, long winded questions and general negativity. 

16 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I enjoy listening to all three podcasts in the days after a game. I normally listen to OSIB first as it is quite positive, a bit of a piss take of themselves and a good 'pub' chat.

Then 3 Peaps as it is very balanced, smoothly done (even 'Boro' away) and generally a very good listen.

Finally FBC which can be a bit grating with the poor production, people talking over one another, long winded questions and general negativity. 

65 mins into my first time with 3 Peaps, and it is indeed very balanced with all contributors speaking well and making interesting points, with minimal interruptions. The point about players deciding they are offside with no VAR is something that is driving me utterly nuts at the moment. PLAY TO THE WHISTLE AND FLAG!

I really like OSIB, haven’t listened to the others but think you have to take everything with a pinch of salt. All these people are doing it to provide something great for people to fulfil their love of city. 

Very few have any credentials as a analyst, pundit etc but do it for the love. 

Thats why I only look at stats from professionals places but in terms of OSIB I think it’s great and listen to pretty much every episode.

keep doing it guys! 

Each podcast has its own merits.

FBC, my personal favourite, is often the one that I feel mostly reflects how I see the game. Odd, as I’m closer in age to the OSIB crew. Ian does rattle on a lot, but he’s often checked back in by Dave the host (who does a pretty good job) and Mark who seems to be the voice of reason. FBC are quite praiseworthy of the good at the club, but quite rightly critical of some of the absolute mismanagement that has occurred over the last 3 years and often tackle the issues or topics  that OSIB and 3peaps skim over.

OSIB is a weird one. It is funny but often in a David Brent kind of way. Shtanley does a fair job. The contributor Pete (?) isn’t my cup of tea, and often wonder if he is watching the same game as me, but I’m sure he’s a pretty decent fella. The recent uncensored episode was much better, I’d definitely enjoy it more if they stuck with this format. OSIB have decent conversations but I found them to be often far too soft on the club particularly under LJ. Less so under Holden. 

3peaps seems the most professional of the 3 pods but is the one I’ve listened to the least. I don’t wish to cause offense but for me the main presenter of the pod has quite a boring voice so I struggle to stay engaged. Sorry fella!

With that being said, I’m not the one who is popping out a podcast every week so each of these teams of podcasters deserve high praise for their passion for both City and getting regular City fan-produced content out there. Long may all 3 pods continue. 

11 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Each podcast has its own merits.

FBC, my personal favourite, is often the one that I feel mostly reflects how I see the game. Odd, as I’m closer in age to the OSIB crew. Ian does rattle on a lot, but he’s often checked back in by Dave the host (who does a pretty good job) and Mark who seems to be the voice of reason. FBC are quite praiseworthy of the good at the club, but quite rightly critical of some of the absolute mismanagement that has occurred over the last 3 years and often tackle the issues or topics  that OSIB and 3peaps skim over.

OSIB is a weird one. It is funny but often in a David Brent kind of way. Shtanley does a fair job. The contributor Pete (?) isn’t my cup of tea, and often wonder if he is watching the same game as me, but I’m sure he’s a pretty decent fella. The recent uncensored episode was much better, I’d definitely enjoy it more if they stuck with this format. OSIB have decent conversations but I found them to be often far too soft on the club particularly under LJ. Less so under Holden. 

3peaps seems the most professional of the 3 pods but is the one I’ve listened to the least. I don’t wish to cause offense but for me the main presenter of the pod has quite a boring voice so I struggle to stay engaged. Sorry fella!

With that being said, I’m not the one who is popping out a podcast every week so each of these teams of podcasters deserve high praise for their passion for both City and getting regular City fan-produced content out there. Long may all 3 pods continue. 

Cheers mate ? Professional but Boring… gotta take the rough with the smooth i suppose.

11 minutes ago, 3 Peaps In A PodCast said:

Cheers mate ? Professional but Boring… gotta take the rough with the smooth i suppose.

Not boring at all, but I've only heard one so far. Very good, enjoyed that, looking forward to the next one. All could improve audio quality, but I do get that is a bit picky for "amateur" productions. 3PIAP by far the best on all fronts. No OSIB discussing Friday yet, though.

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Not boring at all, but I've only heard one so far. Very good, enjoyed that, looking forward to the next one. All could improve audio quality, but I do get that is a bit picky for "amateur" productions. 3PIAP by far the best on all fronts. No OSIB discussing Friday yet, though.

Cheers mate :laugh:… my mic was too high as we were experimenting with the sound for our Audience with Alan Walsh on Wednesday.  Welcome on board!

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

I just found the “cut the comedy (or attempted comedy)” quote a bit repulsive. Pretty rude thing to say to someone whose spending their own free time trying to make something for other City fans to enjoy. 

I think repulsive is way over the top. The qualification was clear: "at every turn". Ergo, it's a little relentless at times and less is more. "Balance" is what I clearly referenced. 3 Peaps (from the one I've heard so far) has that balance.

Praise for effort was clearly given as well. 

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don’t really listen to the fan made podcasts as I prefer a more professional product 

Trouble with that is they tend to be done either via the club and very watered down and generic towing the line interviews (see the Robins Nest podcast hosted by Downsy which I don't believe lasted very long). Or the one by Gregor and Michelle Owen which wasn't very good at all. 

Suppose it's how you define professional...

Someone should do a podcast using a dictaphone dangling on a bit of string from a PA Speaker in the Dolman, but only using the Downsy microphone.

We can then invite those who seem to have an unnecessarily strong opinion on supporters giving up their free time to create optional free content to assess it.

6 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Listening to the former today, and "Dave" is utterly annoying with his constant interruptions and meandering. Hats off for trying, and there's some good debate and observations, but let people finish their ideas, whether good or bad. 

Yes, a trait of mine but I'm not Michael Parkinson! Trying to strike a balance between letting people speak and not ramble.

Who am I , credentials etc. This was Episode 1 back in June last year: https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/who-am-i-why-now/

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I’d never listen to the one that Ian Gay features on as I understand it’s a very rough around the edges product

Depends what you mean by that - we used to have some sound quality problems but less so of late.... it's not the BBC!

I've said more than once, Ian is marmite, a bit like Piers Morgan.

Try listening to my 1-2-1 with Shaun Taylor, John Ward, previews with Angus Scott & Chris Honor. With DaveFevs having less time he and I will be recording a 1-2-1 in the international break reviewing the first 5 games

4 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Yes, a trait of mine but I'm not Michael Parkinson! Trying to strike a balance between letting people speak and not ramble.

Who am I , credentials etc. This was Episode 1 back in June last year: https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/who-am-i-why-now/

I knew that voice was familiar to me. Club Call, good grief how times have changed! Thanks for your time and efforts, it's very much appreciated. I'll keep listening. Ian is not as bad as some make out but he does go on a bit from time to time. Makes a lot of good points though.

2 hours ago, Red Skin said:

Latest episode was recorded live yesterday so some time after game - give it a listen. 

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/pring-odowda-left-side-combo-this-and-more-in-swansea-h-review/

Easy to do straight after when all games were live on RobinsTV ; home games will probably all be the next day from now on

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Finally FBC which can be a bit grating with the poor production, people talking over one another, long winded questions and general negativity

I think we call it as it is and for the past 3.5 years there hasn't been much to be positive about has there?

If you've listened you will hear we have been very supportive of the youngsters and remain so for Nigel.

I guess the club don't like us as we're the only podcast that hasn't been invited to the HPC. Thing is though, once you start down that track it is difficult to be critical

1 hour ago, OddBallJim said:

I don't know who you are OBJ [just in case someone thinks its Ian Gay] but thank you so much for those comments - you've summed us up perfectly

I’ve listened to OSIB since episode 1 but the one criticism I’d make of it is it tends to talk about (almost idolise) drinking way too much. They’re either chatting about getting “beered up” or hungover and it gets pretty tiring after a while. Still a decent podcast though

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

I don't know who you are OBJ [just in case someone thinks its Ian Gay] but thank you so much for those comments - you've summed us up perfectly

Haha! No I’m definitely not Ian Gay. Can’t say I’ve ever met him either! He’d probably still be rambling on by now if I had ?

Do you sit in the south stand by any chance? I heard someone fairly recently a few rows behind me that sounded a lot like you.

If not then you have a vocal doppelgänger! ?

To all the pods - keep up the good work.

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Dave, I listen without fail to your podcasts and always enjoy them. I even enjoy listening to Ian Gay and agree with most of what he says. One of your usual speakers, can't recall which one, always sounds as if he's reading from a script which detracts from it a bit, but overall a very enjoyable hours listen. Keep it up.

7 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Listening to the former today, and "Dave" is utterly annoying with his constant interruptions and meandering. Hats off for trying, and there's some good debate and observations, but let people finish their ideas, whether good or bad. As for Stan on OSIB, cut the comedy (or attempted comedy) at every turn. Again, respect for delivering the content but the balance is all wrong. One other point, it would be helpful to have full names and some biog background on the contributors for context rather than "today we are joined by "Les" or whomsoever. Ok if you know who they are, but lots of us (I suspect) do not. Again, thanks for your efforts and hard work on this but improvements could be made. Up to you lot of course, and up to me to switch off.

I also find Dave’s loud interruptions annoying especially when the others on the pod regularly demonstrate a greater insight and depth of knowledge. 

47 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Do you sit in the south stand by any chance? I heard someone fairly recently a few rows behind me that sounded a lot like you.

IIRC the only time I have been behind the goal in that stand was for the FLC Semi-final vs. Spurs in December 1970 .... ffs, I can remember that but not something I did last month!!!!

Having forgone corporate in the Lansdown, [W15 / R28], I am now in that stand W13 / R18. 

2 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

I also find Dave’s loud interruptions annoying especially when the others on the pod regularly demonstrate a greater insight and depth of knowledge. 

Not a fan then !! I bow to the greater tactical insight of DaveFevs and Ian is more right than wrong but I'll challenge you to a Mastermind type quiz on the depth of knowledge of the club from Fred Ford to the present day.

Really like osib. The self deprecation of the presenters is amusing. Again, I guess it appeals to a certain age group / outlook / personality trait.

It was my podcast of choice during the dark days or watching football on robins TV... However, I still listen to it religiously. As for FBC, only when I'm desperate.... If I was a dolman sth, it may be different.

Archived