IGNORED

Arteta...however do they cope?

Mr Popodopolous

What a bunch of tosser fans though, who the hell boos their team off 2 matches into a new season. 

Not an Arsenal fan myself, still think Arteta is out of his depth, but the youngsters are playing their hearts out and just can't see how they can call themselves fans by booing them off. 

44 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Arteta... 

However do they cope? 'Unprecedented' eh.

Complaining that they're missing 9 players, at least one listed was a reserve goalie.

If we were missing only 9 for reasonable chunks post Christmas we were doing well!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58300570

Man under pressure 

26 minutes ago, Redstart said:

What a bunch of tosser fans though, who the hell boos their team off 2 matches into a new season. 

Not an Arsenal fan myself, still think Arteta is out of his depth, but the youngsters are playing their hearts out and just can't see how they can call themselves fans by booing them off. 

They're one of the biggest clubs in the country tbf, have just lost to Brentford and then been handsomely beaten by a London rival, and are basically destined for another season of midtable.

Their players are under-performing and their ownership care more about commercial revenue than results.

I can see why they're a touch pissed off. 

55 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

They're one of the biggest clubs in the country tbf, have just lost to Brentford and then been handsomely beaten by a London rival, and are basically destined for another season of midtable.

Their players are under-performing and their ownership care more about commercial revenue than results.

Yep can't argue with that for sure, Brentford was a shocker but Chelsea are the Champions League winners and have also just added a £97m player to the ranks, being honest I wonder how many 'real' Arsenal fans really believed they had any chance of a decent result today. 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That’s is entirely obvious.

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Quite loss making these days, even prior to Covid.

2018/19 and 2019/20- though the impact of Covid I've not looked into fully for that season saw losses- unheard of for modern Arsenal, as a large bit of their profitable business model was contingent on regular CL football.

Once that goes...it's a bit of a downward spiral (in relative terms but only relatively in Arsenal's case of course)- unless you're say Man Utd and can absorb some time out of it.

On the pitch, these top club managers have a certain sense of entitlement but then what's new there. Injuries, financial constraints- he should try managing in the Championship or even below?

Like I say though, first year with no CL football and this as I say pre-dated Covid- a £32.215m loss- for one of the biggest clubs in the country! Shows how vital that revenue stream is over time for them- or was?

Ha ha. The irony of City fans having a pop at Arsenal fans for booing.

Yes, Arsenal are shite at the moment and have a rookie manager out of his depth. And the media and fans seems to have this weird love in for Tottenham and all the ‘Money’ teams, yet seem to forget what Arsenal has won over the last 20-30 years. Find it quite bizarre.

7 hours ago, Redstart said:

Yep can't argue with that for sure, Brentford was a shocker but Chelsea are the Champions League winners and have also just added a £97m player to the ranks, being honest I wonder how many 'real' Arsenal fans really believed they had any chance of a decent result today. 

Chelsea looked a very good side yesterday.  Lukaku absolutely battered the Arsenal center half’s.  They’ll be right up there with City this year imo 

9 hours ago, Redstart said:

Who was it who started the ‘I will boo thread’? Him

13 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Who was it who started the ‘I will boo thread’? Him

Dunno who started that thread, but I accept everybody is entitled to their own opinion - my opinion is booing your team after their first home match of a new season is totally shite. 

8 hours ago, Redstart said:

Oh I doubt very many at all, but again that is part of their wider frustration. Traditionally they have been the biggest club in London but now play second fiddle to Chelsea, and even Spurs for a couple of years.

I think it is also the performances that are starting to grate, and yesterday was another poor one. 

10 hours ago, Redstart said:

Some of ours boo our players before we even start

I think their summer activity has been really poor too, if I was an Arsenal fan I'd be fuming that they've spent £50m on a CB who may be one for the future but IMO doesn't strengthen them much right now, £30m on Odegaard who again only my IMO but didn't really set the world alight last season on loan. £25m on a back up keeper who has been relegated 2 years in a row (albeit he does appear a decent keeper, but will he replace Leno?) then a couple more kids who again might be ones for the future.

£130m and they aren't really any stronger are they?

2 hours ago, CiderJar said:

He's taken his most recent rant down but it was along the same lines as this...

Think it safe to say he doesn’t trust the process, but i really don’t have any sympathy, sometimes you get what you deserve in football and all they’ve shown the last few years is a petulant sense of entitlement which is part of the problem 

It’s worth noting from their two games so far that their main two strikers both tested positive for covid and hence missed both games and they’re yet to score 

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

I think their summer activity has been really poor too, if I was an Arsenal fan I'd be fuming that they've spent £50m on a CB who may be one for the future but IMO doesn't strengthen them much right now, £30m on Odegaard who again only my IMO but didn't really set the world alight last season on loan. £25m on a back up keeper who has been relegated 2 years in a row (albeit he does appear a decent keeper, but will he replace Leno?) then a couple more kids who again might be ones for the future.

£130m and they aren't really any stronger are they?

I think Ben White will prove to be a really good signing but you're right it does sound an awful lot of money. Odegaard did well for them last year really, think that's a good signing also.

They're a very strange club, I'd hate to support them. They've got strange support also - they don't have a culture of loud and passionate vocal support that most big clubs do. 

They seem to be a club that big players consistently underperform at - since Alexis Sanchez a few years back the only big name signing they've made that's done well for them is Aubameyang.

12 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Arteta... 

However do they cope? 'Unprecedented' eh.

Complaining that they're missing 9 players, at least one listed was a reserve goalie.

If we were missing only 9 for reasonable chunks post Christmas we were doing well!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58300570

Bastards gave us Andy Ralls, KARMA!

Archived