IGNORED

Nice V Marseilles

grifty

In addition to Payet, Guengouzi, the former Arsenal player was also attacked - a few Marseille players showing scratches on their faces and necks.

At the time of posting, they have yet to restart the match, although that is their intention.

Don’t be misled by thoughts of Nice being an idyllic Mediterranean seaside town, though: it is extremely ‘rough’ in some parts as, of course, is Marseille.

20 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

At about 20 seconds into that video, watch for the Marseille staff member in an orange bib strolling up to a Nice fan and flooring him with a right-hander.

I saw that and he did seem, indeed, to be a staff member (orange bib over a black shirt) rather than security: I can’t blame him, although it will be interesting to see whether there are any repercussions.

The match has yet to restart, although the Nice Police and Mairie want it to, even though it is almost midnight here, to avoid the risk of further violence, both inside and outside the stadium after the match.

Apparently the Marseille team are waiting at the changing room exit, rucksacks on their backs, ready to leave, but the officials have warned them they will forfeit the three points!

The match has now been abandoned, with Nice awarded 3 points - expect that to be ‘reviewed’ later!

7 hours ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Lobbing a bottle at a adult man is one thing, lobbing it aimlessly at a crowd is another, could have hit a kid etc. This is part of being a professional footballer and has been for donkeys years. You don't react like that, two wrongs don't make a right

So the player needs to get his "wrong" in first before the fan does, so that he's not left high number dry unable to chuck the bottle because of the old "two wrongs" thing?

11 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

So the player needs to get his "wrong" in first before the fan does, so that he's not left high number dry unable to chuck the bottle because of the old "two wrongs" thing?

I never understand why when a player gets dogs abuse from the crowd for 90 minutes, has enough and gives the crowd the V’s or something, and the same crowd dishing it out go berserk and the player gets a ban!  Football logic is weird 

10 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I never understand why when a player gets dogs abuse from the crowd for 90 minutes, has enough and gives the crowd the V’s or something, and the same crowd dishing it out go berserk and the player gets a ban!  Football logic is weird 

Because a lot of fans are a bunch of cry baby’s 

17 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Match abandoned - no great surprise all control was lost there.  Not sure it was wise to lob one of those bottles back but you can understand it to a degree

Points deduction and / or fines for both clubs due to "Failing to control their plyers"? But of course, that only happens in this country.

19 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Just watching it and can't believe how quickly that escalated. Absolute madness.

Boy!  that escalated quickly....I mean that really got out of hand fast?  It jumped up a notch!

Yeah there were horses, and a man on fire, and a guy was killed with a trident!..............Think I've got gist of this?

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Keep Up.........Anchorman with Ron Burgundy (Will Ferrell) and Brick Tamlind (Steve Carell)   Surely one of the greatest comedy films ever made IMHO

I was confused when I read it. I only watched it a couple months back too. Ill go sit in the corner ?

Brick killed a guy!!....

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Keep Up.........Anchorman with Ron Burgundy (Will Ferrell) and Brick Tamlind (Steve Carell)   Surely one of the greatest comedy films ever made IMHO

You have never seen Anchorman?..............I think Your the sad one?   Ha!    Just Go back to watching Michael Macintyre?   PS Just read your reply......fair Enough, Thatchers has that effect on me too Ha!   PPS  Forgive me for   the sleight?

Archived