IGNORED

Nagy to Pisa - Departure CONFIRMED (Merged)

al3xrh0des

2 minutes ago, joshbristol said:

I don’t even think it is just a striker we need we are crying out for wingers with pace .

Any forward player with pace will do. Look at the difference it made for Blackpool today. Their sub come on and ran in behind constantly. Got them up the pitch and more chances. Eventually led to a goal

18 hours ago, SBB said:

If he’s asked to leave, hopefully his agent will have already shopped him around Europe. But silly to ask to leave with no destination in mind. 

Exactly.

Something must be lined up for him to ask to leave and NP announcing it.

I'm pretty sure he won't be going to another English club.

4 minutes ago, What the ???? said:

Reading that is partner and child are still in Hungary, not ideal. I think we will offload him  diffucult situation.

If they haven't relocated in the last few years they aren't going to. 

Clearly isn't working here for his family and that will naturally affect his football. Best for him to go back to his family. 

2 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-adam-nagy-transfer-5757233

Presume a deal is pretty much sorted otherwise NP would not be going public. 

Not necessarily….I hope so….could just be Nige being open and honest.  Possibly making sure everyone knows….although you’d hope Adam’s agents are doing that.

Let’s hope it gets sorted quickly and for as much money as possible.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not necessarily….I hope so….could just be Nige being open and honest.  Possibly making sure everyone knows….although you’d hope Adam’s agents are doing that.

Let’s hope it gets sorted quickly and for as much money as possible.

Agreed Dave, what did we pay for him and was there a sell on clause? 

2 hours ago, What the ???? said:

There was no mention of that issue in the report, i read. Very possible but who knows! He knew that when he came here that either is family moved with him or stayed wherever. Excuses either way.

She's only recently had their first child, so presumably not an issue when he signed. Not unreasonable to wish to be near to extended family. He's never settled and none of the 3 managers he's played under here have really believed in him.

We'll be lucky to get half of what we paid back given the market.

2 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Agreed Dave, what did we pay for him and was there a sell on clause? 

£2.25m / let’s say £16k wages (£0.85m p.a).

Would not surprise me if there’s a sell-on….but I very much doubt that will come into the equation.  Richard Gould will do well to get anywhere near that.  I hope it’s famous last words from me.  Euros or not, he’s not a sexy, high fee transfer for anyone imho.

55 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

hopefully get a million and then sign Michael Smith who is valued at a million by Rotherham. goid deal all round.

Was just thinking this could be a blessing in disguise. I think NP has already said we can’t  sign unless we off-load. Would be happy to cash in on Nagy and spend the money on the next Vardy ? 

Nagy has bags of talent and has been our best player in the pitch for some games but is definitely inconsistent. 

41 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep Smith is not better than what we have. Nige can't say we only want better than what we have every time he's asked about signings and then end up signing Michael Smith! ?

True. I like Smith, but it’s not what we need having kept the forwards we have. 

4 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

hopefully get a million and then sign Michael Smith who is valued at a million by Rotherham. goid deal all round.

Reliable strikers are hard to come by and expensive and I’d be pleasantly surprised if Nige manages to recruit a proven 20+ a season striker for less than £5m.

23 hours ago, Davefevs said:

£2.25m / let’s say £16k wages (£0.85m p.a).

Would not surprise me if there’s a sell-on….but I very much doubt that will come into the equation.  Richard Gould will do well to get anywhere near that.  I hope it’s famous last words from me.  Euros or not, he’s not a sexy, high fee transfer for anyone imho.

FFP-wise, he doesn't need to. after 2 years of a 3 year deal, his "book value" will be £750k (we don't play fast and loose with amortisation like WRDC do...) Anything above that will give a profit on disposal. In fact depending on wages you might only need 500k or so to not make a book loss on him this season

51 minutes ago, semblar said:

FFP-wise, he doesn't need to. after 2 years of a 3 year deal, his "book value" will be £750k (we don't play fast and loose with amortisation like WRDC do...) Anything above that will give a profit on disposal. In fact depending on wages you might only need 500k or so to not make a book loss on him this season

I know the amortisation side of it as well as anybody ?

Sell-on percentage will be on initial fee, not amortised value, that was the main point….that it’s very unlikely we will have to worry about that side of it!.

The other point I’m making is that we are unlikely to make much / enough from selling Nagy to go and fund the striker that “is better than what we’ve got”.

Archived