IGNORED

Nagy to Pisa - Departure CONFIRMED (Merged)

al3xrh0des

1 minute ago, Marco the red said:

Even if its £0 it does free up a lot of wages, guessing between 12-15k?

Nagy at the start of the season was worth £750k (amortised £2.25m over 2 of his 3 year contract).  Wages alleged £16-18k p.w so let’s say his wages were £850k p.a.

So his cost for the rest of the season is roughly £1.5m of our planned budget this year.

I don’t think he will go for nothing, but getting him off the books is the main thing.  Last thing we actually want (assuming he really wants to go) is to hang around and see out his contract.

If we did let him go for zilch, then it will mean a loss / impairment in the “transfer profit” column though, but as you say saves wage spend.

Lets hope this is a goer.

5 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

The key for me is ultimately, does this mean with him going we are able to get someone else in. My guess is yes.

If things are as tight as they seem, then assuming this isn’t to just clear a deficit, then yes….but you don’t sign a striker “who can stick the ball in the net” for that….no one who’s proven anyway.

1 minute ago, Marco the red said:

-kid and family abroad

-covid

-brexit shambles

-put in a request

Zero chance he wants to hang around in my honest opinion.

Agree.  A necessary sell imho.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If things are as tight as they seem, then assuming this isn’t to just clear a deficit, then yes….but you don’t sign a striker “who can stick the ball in the net” for that….no one who’s proven anyway.

Agree.  A necessary sell imho.

No, but we presumably don't have 0 to spend, so it would add to the pot.

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

No, but we presumably don't have 0 to spend, so it would add to the pot.

Hopefully ? 

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Never seemed to settle, good but bit part player, maybe the Championship was too physical, decent youngsters coming through, good Euros.

Good sell at maybe €2M? Only a year left on his contract apparently.

If we get €2m, Richard Gould has done extremely well imho.  I’d take half that.

9 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

If we get a million I would snap there hands off, go to Rotherham offer it for Smith and pay him 10k a week.

I'm hoping for a 7 figure fee for Nagy.

I'd be a bit underwhelmed if we went for Michael Smith though - doesn't really feel like much of an improvement on what we've got. Remember that NP noted goal scoring as a key trait in the striker he's looking for too.

25 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

I don't think there is a chance we will get a proven goalscorer for 1 million, remember we got Wells and he cost 5 mil, ok pre covid but still he is a 1 in 3/4, proven goalscorer in the current market with the funds we have available just isn't realistic in my honest opinion.

Smith suits the way that NP clearly wants to play, direct and physical.

I hate the term "proven". In practice it usually just means "I've heard of him before", "he's been around a while", or "he had a good season once". Look in the right places and there are players with ability available at a discounted rate relative to "proven Championship goalscorers". Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if that's roughly what we're doing, and we bring in a player from abroad. 

Worth noting that the fee from Nagy possibly (likely?) isn't all we'd have available. The Nagy fee would just add to that sum.

Smith isn't a significant improvement for me. Okay, he's a bit more mobile than Martin, and slightly younger/fitter too. However, he's never scored (or looked like scoring) more than 10 in a Championship season, and in less than 2 months will be into his 30's. I really feel we should be looking to fill the "mid twenties void" if we're bringing in a new striker.

In his search for a striker, I wouldn't be surprised if NP viewed goalscoring, pace/movement, and ability to press as equally important to size/strength. Of course we don't know exactly what he's looking for (it may well be a classic target man), but I don't think there's any guarantee that it's the simple 'big lump' that some seem to be expecting.

Decent player, clearly good for his country as we saw in the Summer and varied Internationals have shown- only showed in flashes here, think in a different Championship side ie more emphasis on possession dominance, perhaps a 3 in CM etc he could have flourished more.

On the transfer note it would go down as an Impairment but it would also eliminate the final year of Amortisation on disposal- so a loss in the P&L Transfer wise but the cost of Amortisation remaining could be equal to the remaining book value and cancel out.

Bottom line is that Nagy has been a disappointment and slipped down the pecking order and has asked to leave. That means it’s almost inevitable that he’ll be off somewhere.  Italy would be an ideal location. Nice food and lovely weather and an opportunity to play regular football.

Good luck to him.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Bottom line is that Nagy has been a disappointment and slipped down the pecking order and has asked to leave. That means it’s almost inevitable that he’ll be off somewhere.  Italy would be an ideal location. Nice food and lovely weather and an opportunity to play regular football.

Good luck to him.

I hope you’re not taking part in wild speculation?

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I have a horrible feeling this is a free transfer & we are going to be subsidising his wages for the remainder of his contract with us.

Mark Ashton strikes again.

I think Pisa are paying decent fees for players with them just being taken over by a billionaire.. I doubt we'll get what we paid, but I doubt it will be free or that we'll be paying wages.

4 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

I think Pisa are paying decent fees for players with them just being taken over by a billionaire.. I doubt we'll get what we paid, but I doubt it will be free or that we'll be paying wages.

Agreed. Nagy is probably close to the peak of his value now after the Euros. I can't imagine this'll be free. Difficult to know in the Covid market but a fee of just under £1m seems realistic. 

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agreed. Nagy is probably close to the peak of his value now after the Euros. I can't imagine this'll be free. Difficult to know in the Covid market but a fee of just under £1m seems realistic. 

Mr Gould’s first transfer negotiation - be interesting to see how he does ??

I’d be disappointed if we didn’t get £1m-plus for Nagy though….

13 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Take the point but Nagy’s performances in the Euros are already a bit of a memory.

Since then he is now effectively a player who wants to leave England who can’t even make the bench of a Championship side.

If the best (only?) offer is a team in Serie B then we have a very weak hand, we might be able to get them to pay a small fee but no way will they match his reputed £16k a week wages, so he is fully entitled to ask us to make up the difference to leave.

I am nowhere near as au fait with financial matters as others, but this looks more like a hit than any boost to our transfer funds to me.

Archived