IGNORED

Nagy to Pisa - Departure CONFIRMED (Merged)

al3xrh0des

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

So, what are people going to agree to do if Swanker is right and he leaves for £6M or €6M then? I'm not convinced but wouldn't be so crass as to leave myself open to stick! ;)

@Swanker, you choose a punishment.

If he is wrong then he is paying for all of OTIB to go to Pisa. Can't wait :) 

1 hour ago, swanker said:

Just been told by someone at the club that it looks like he’s going today £5-6 Million. Bringing in a striker also depends on this deal going through. 

Know you're only passing on what you've been told, but I wouldn't expect that money from another Championship team, let alone a Serie B team!

If Gould can get that for Nagy, then if Wells does go, we might make a profit!!

Were definitely not getting 5 million for Nagy. That would probably be a Pisa record fee for them and double what they've paid for any other players this season with new investment. All for a bit part Championship player who cost us less than 2 mil with one year left on his contract. Plus the fact we are in this covid football market. Not a chance.. I would think about 1 million if were lucky yet ill just be happy we are saving wages.

I’m not expecting anywhere near £5-6m but I don’t think it’s going to be £500K like people have suggested…

Despite Nagy not taking off here at City, he’s known in Italy and parts of Europe, at a good age, a decent summer under his belt etc. 

I don’t see why we can’t get £2m for him.

Pisa are owned by a UK banker who's worth $2bn. With no FFP or any regulation like it in place in Serie B, €5m isn't beyond the realms of possibility. As usual, City will announce it as an undisclosed fee though. Fingers crossed it goes through and we can spend some money before the deadline. 

11 minutes ago, tin said:

Pisa are owned by a UK banker who's worth $2bn. With no FFP or any regulation like it in place in Serie B, €5m isn't beyond the realms of possibility. As usual, City will announce it as an undisclosed fee though. Fingers crossed it goes through and we can spend some money before the deadline. 

So are we and I can't see us spending £5m on a player this summer! Would love to be wrong though

46 minutes ago, swanker said:

People laughed when I said we had signed Matty James vi was right though. 

Ive just been told Nagy has gone. ?

People laughed because you called him Marty. And you saw him at the training ground, so seeing a player is far more reliable than hearsay about how much we got. 

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

A free would be a bit shocking wouldn't it? Just played very respectably in the Euros? Why not tell them to shove it and await a better bid? Even if we end up keeping him as a squad player, that's better than losing him for nothing.

He won't play, wants to leave, we're desperate to free up the wages. He'll  be gone in a year for free anyways.

Saves us paying wages for someone who won't get a game above James, Massengo, Williams, King or Bakinson.

Just now, RedRoss said:

He won't play, wants to leave, we're desperate to free up the wages. He'll  be gone in a year for free anyways.

Saves us paying wages for someone who won't get a game above James, Massengo, Williams, King or Bakinson.

Understandable I suppose. I take it the comments about us having to subsidise his wages aren't true, otherwise this really will be a slightly embarrassing deal.

2 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

So are we and I can't see us spending £5m on a player this summer! Would love to be wrong though

I agree, but FFP applies in the UK and not in Serie B. I'd love it if it was something like €5m but I can't see it. 

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Understandable I suppose. I take it the comments about us having to subsidise his wages aren't true, otherwise this really will be a slightly embarrassing deal.

I think that's as far fetched as the 5 million fee banded about. Too many people have been playing Football Manager recently.

4 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Player wants to go.

We want him gone, due to his salary. 

Knowing this, why on Earth would Pisa pay anything significant for him? We have no leverage on the deal.

This. Absolutely horrific business by the club all round really. If anything sums up the final 18 months of LJ & MA era, it's everything to do with Nagy

42 minutes ago, Taz said:

Know you're only passing on what you've been told, but I wouldn't expect that money from another Championship team, let alone a Serie B team!

If Gould can get that for Nagy, then if Wells does go, we might make a profit!!

I’d love to put on here some of the other things I was told?

Probably repeating what I said above….

From a playing budget point of view there are two costs going through the books this season for Nagy:

1. amortisation cost of £750k
  2. wage cost of say £800k

For simplicity let’s say we are are end of Aug.  Effectively we’ve got circa £700k wages left to pay.

If we let him go for zero, all we’ve done is avoid spending £700k on wages. Unless this is adding to a small pot already available, it doesn’t move us that far forward does it?  Although, better than keeping Nagy around who won’t play.

Even worse if we still pay some of his wages (I doubt this though, but just my opinion).

If this is true (would much rather Swanker be right) then it really sums up the current financial climate we are dealing with, and how difficult it is to shift players.

1 minute ago, swanker said:

I’d love to put on here some of the other things I was told?

I bet!

Archived