IGNORED

Nagy to Pisa - Departure CONFIRMED (Merged)

al3xrh0des

Imagine we were in the process of buying Nagy just now. 

An Hungarian International, who has just had (by pretty common consent) a very strong Euros. 

Would we honestly expect to get him on a free or for as little as £1/2m, as some are suggesting? 

P. S. 

Just seen post that seems to confirm free. 

Can only conclude that Nagy is determined to leave, won't feature  ahead of other midfield options and therefore free transfer makes it happen so we can free up wages immediately. This could be crucial in bringing in  reinforcements in priority areas.

50 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Tweet saying Nagy is leaving on a free

6D54A624-ECA3-40B4-AC24-12E231B91E23.jpeg

Yep.

There’s deluded & then there’s thinking a Serie B club would ever pay £5m for a player who can’t get in our squad & who is OoC next summer.

45 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

A free would be a bit shocking wouldn't it? Just played very respectably in the Euros? Why not tell them to shove it and await a better bid? Even if we end up keeping him as a squad player, that's better than losing him for nothing.

So we believe an tweet in Italian immediately , maybe but I don’t think so , we will see but hear there is definitely a fee on this 

1 minute ago, Pezo said:

Unless he has handed in a formal transfer request then that's highly possible. 

It doesn’t work like that.  If the free transfer bit is true, I very much suspect City will have said, if we let you go for free, it’s up to Pisa to sort out your financial terms, we ain’t giving up a fee and continuing to pay your wages.  The transfer will in effect null his contract here.

Im not saying that it won’t happen, just that if we are help him move “home” (well Italy at least) then he’s got to play ball too.

10 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Haha free. What a joke. Don’t even think we’ll sign anyone else now 

I don’t think we were ever going to. I took NP at face value and believed what he’s been saying all along. 

3 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Haha free. What a joke. Don’t even think we’ll sign anyone else now 

It is all about ffp. His wages free up just under 750k for this financial period. It isn’t loads but roughly frees up enough for a 1m deal over 4 seasons on 10k a week. Because the cost is split over the term of the contract the fee is 250k per season and 500k wages annually. Every little bit helps and I would guess we are a bit under FFP anyway so we could have some scope for a 1-2m fee if wages aren’t too bad. My guess anyway from how I understand things

14 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

It is all about ffp. His wages free up just under 750k for this financial period. It isn’t loads but roughly frees up enough for a 1m deal over 4 seasons on 10k a week. Because the cost is split over the term of the contract the fee is 250k per season and 500k wages annually. Every little bit helps and I would guess we are a bit under FFP anyway so we could have some scope for a 1-2m fee if wages aren’t too bad. My guess anyway from how I understand things

Agree with that, but I don’t see where a player that is better than what we have is available for £1m on £10k p.w. Of course it might help add to an existing pot, or maybe it will fund a loan.

Bloody mess isn’t it really.  Thought we did character checks, DNA, etc.  Sounds like Nagy wanted to leave last summer….makes it even worse.

And yet people don’t feel Pearson has been dealt a crap hand.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree with that, but I don’t see where a player that is better than what we have is available for £1m on £10k p.w. Of course it might help add to an existing pot, or maybe it will fund a loan.

Dion Charles at Accrington?

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Dion Charles at Accrington?

Yep, but not sure he’s guaranteed better than what we have.  He’s one to bring in and although 25, one to gradually bring-on.

He’s got that bit of a pest about him too.

Could definitely afford that type of deal.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bloody mess isn’t it really.  Thought we did character checks, DNA, etc.  Sounds like Nagy wanted to leave last summer….makes it even worse.

That's unfair Dave, Covid has definitely had a huge effect in unsettling Nagy in particular, if he was closer to his family over the last 18 months this probably wouldn't have been a problem. 

I also think the sign of James and King means that NP already knew he was looking to go, the announcement was just for our benefit.

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don't think Pearson has been dealt a crap hand. He must have seen the hand he was getting when he agreed the contract- he will have known Nagy wasn't happy, he'll have known number of contracts expiring and what kind of wages the players he liked and didn't like were on. I think he knew full well what he was getting into, I think perhaps it was us fans that were kidded/kidding ourselves.

As for Nagy, I'd be surprised if we let him go for free but at the same time, what's the point in keeping him around to 4th or 5th choice CM when he's unhappy? I've always thought there was a great player there if he'd been used correctly. C'est la vie (or whatever they say in Hungary) I guess

Just now, Port Said Red said:

That's unfair Dave, Covid has definitely had a huge effect in unsettling Nagy in particular, if he was closer to his family over the last 18 months this probably wouldn't have been a problem. 

I also think the sign of James and King means that NP already knew he was looking to go, the announcement was just for our benefit.

Maybe, but Its the life of a footballer I’m afraid, he intimated in an interview pre-Covid (in season one here) he found it difficult to settle.  In fairness I believe he did say he was gonna try and move his partner over that first summer, but Covid hit, but that slightly contradicts that he might’ve also tried to leave that summer too.  Of course the other side is - how did club help him settle?  Now have Matt Parsons as player liaison, how has that worked?

”Its a mess” is really my reaction to a player we bought for £2.25m on a 3 year contract with 40 Hungary caps looking like he’s leaving us 2 years in after a successful Euros on a free transfer, with us just avoiding the cost of 10 months wages as all we have to show for it.  Better than nothing, but doesn’t help that much in the master plan of trying to bring a striker in.

3 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

I don't think Pearson has been dealt a crap hand. He must have seen the hand he was getting when he agreed the contract- he will have known Nagy wasn't happy, he'll have known number of contracts expiring and what kind of wages the players he liked and didn't like were on. I think he knew full well what he was getting into, I think perhaps it was us fans that were kidded/kidding ourselves.

As for Nagy, I'd be surprised if we let him go for free but at the same time, what's the point in keeping him around to 4th or 5th choice CM when he's unhappy? I've always thought there was a great player there if he'd been used correctly. C'est la vie (or whatever they say in Hungary) I guess

Yes, bad wording.  He knew what he was getting into, as you say, and thank god he took on the challenge.  He’s building us from a low point, and the reality is harsh.  Then again, without Covid, i foresaw this financial mess happening 2/3  years back, Covid just accelerated it.  Some fans cannot comprehend why SL isn’t just funding a new striker.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Yes, bad wording.  He knew what he was getting into, as you say, and thank god he took on the challenge.  He’s building us from a low point, and the reality is harsh.  Then again, without Covid, i foresaw this financial mess happening 2/3  years back, Covid just accelerated it.  Some fans cannot comprehend why SL isn’t just funding a new striker.

Good job it looks like we’ve now got some saleable assets in Massengo, Scott, Semenyo, Atkinson, etc.  

A free, a ******* free. An international, with a good Euro’s …and we let him go on a free?

That sums Bristol City recruitment up. 

Well done chaps. Extend your contracts for another 4 years, and while you’re at it better give CoD another couple of years too. 

Pathetic. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Maybe, but Its the life of a footballer I’m afraid, he intimated in an interview pre-Covid (in season one here) he found it difficult to settle.  In fairness I believe he did say he was gonna try and move his partner over that first summer, but Covid hit, but that slightly contradicts that he might’ve also tried to leave that summer too.  Of course the other side is - how did club help him settle?  Now have Matt Parsons as player liaison, how has that worked?

”Its a mess” is really my reaction to a player we bought for £2.25m on a 3 year contract with 40 Hungary caps looking like he’s leaving us 2 years in after a successful Euros on a free transfer, with us just avoiding the cost of 10 months wages as all we have to show for it.  Better than nothing, but doesn’t help that much in the master plan of trying to bring a striker in.

Well I'm sorry, I normally like you posts and agree with a lot that you say, but you are in danger of starting to talk about players in the same way as some others on here, i.e. like they are in a box that arrives from Amazon.  There is a lot more to it than that.

I know Matt Parson's definitely does his bit around players, as I have first hand knowledge of the sort ofbthings he does here in Portishead. The thing surprises me most is how little help they seem to get from their agents when it comes to settling in an area.

1 minute ago, RedRock said:

A free, a ******* free. An international, with a good Euro’s …and we let him go on a free?

That sums Bristol City recruitment up. 

Well done chaps. Extend your contracts for another 4 years, a while you’re at it better give CoD another couple of years too. 

Pathetic. 

Has this happened yet, No it hasn’t.

Archived