IGNORED

Nagy to Pisa - Departure CONFIRMED (Merged)

al3xrh0des

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, but not sure he’s guaranteed better than what we have.  He’s one to bring in and although 25, one to gradually bring-on.

He’s got that bit of a pest about him too.

Could definitely afford that type of deal.

Totally, just thinking if that is what we have to spend then he bridges the gap between our 20 year olds with minimal league experience (Conway, Bell) & 30 somethings Martin & Weimann.

Also, he is young enough to still improve but certainly no guarantee that he improves us, as all his football (bar a few games for NI) has been at L1 or below.

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well I'm sorry, I normally like you posts and agree with a lot that you say, but you are in danger of starting to talk about players in the same way as some others on here, i.e. like they are in a box that arrives from Amazon.  There is a lot more to it than that.

I know Matt Parson's definitely does his bit around players, as I have first hand knowledge of the sort ofbthings he does here in Portishead. The thing surprises me most is how little help they seem to get from their agents when it comes to settling in an area.

Being a professional footballer is one big sacrifice I’m afraid.  Outside of the top tiers the rewards aren’t great and the career is short.  Day to day life is mundane.  I’m not treating him like an Amazon parcel, far from it, hence why I added Matt Parsons role into the discussion, and you’ve now added the role of his agent. Hence why I added the bit about his partner.  There’s more to it than playing football….but mental health excluded (because it’s not an area I know tonnes about) he appears to love playing for Hungary, but has never seemed as passionate for us, either on the pitch or when interviewed.

Its just how I see it in this scenario.  It’s best he leaves….it leaves a financial cost (if it really is a free) that makes recruiting what this squad needs (in Nige’s eyes) more difficult.  It seems like City are trying to work a deal that helps the player….rather than looking at playing hardball.

I’m a City fan, I want what’s best for the club, players do come and go, that’s the reality, some of whom you have great affinity for, some you don’t.

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Maybe, but Its the life of a footballer I’m afraid, he intimated in an interview pre-Covid (in season one here) he found it difficult to settle.  In fairness I believe he did say he was gonna try and move his partner over that first summer, but Covid hit, but that slightly contradicts that he might’ve also tried to leave that summer too.  Of course the other side is - how did club help him settle?  Now have Matt Parsons as player liaison, how has that worked?

”Its a mess” is really my reaction to a player we bought for £2.25m on a 3 year contract with 40 Hungary caps looking like he’s leaving us 2 years in after a successful Euros on a free transfer, with us just avoiding the cost of 10 months wages as all we have to show for it.  Better than nothing, but doesn’t help that much in the master plan of trying to bring a striker in.

This seems very much like the City of old. I thought we'd moved away from this sort of shambles. 

A free really is a kick in the teeth. I take the point that he’s going to be free in 12 months and wants out, but if Pisa wanted him then we should have got a few quid for him, even to say to Pisa ‘you can have him now for a fee or battle for his signature next summer when he’s out of contract and there will be other interest.’

2 hours ago, Marco the red said:

Nagy Hegeler Djuric Engvall Magnússon Lucic, ashton recruitment from abroad has been horrific 

Gieffer, Marinovic, Diony, Garita….

The only success stories have been Kodjia (scored goals, sold for huge profit), and to a lesser extent Fam (scored goals but let him go on a free), and Eliasson (first team player but sold below value IMO) 

Just now, CyderInACan said:

This seems very much like the City of old. I thought we'd moved away from this sort of shambles. 

The ‘golden period’ of selling Flint, Bryan, Lloyd, Bobby and Webster for good money has blinded us all. None more so than SL and JL it seems. All a bit desparate now. 

5 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Lansdown is still here mind. Not the first time we've been in this situation under his watch. Employing managers to cut costs / slash wage bills / clear out deadwood.

29 minutes ago, Dredd said:

A free really is a kick in the teeth. I take the point that he’s going to be free in 12 months and wants out, but if Pisa wanted him then we should have got a few quid for him, even to say to Pisa ‘you can have him now for a fee or battle for his signature next summer when he’s out of contract and there will be other interest.’

Gieffer, Marinovic, Diony, Garita….

The only success stories have been Kodjia (scored goals, sold for huge profit), and to a lesser extent Fam (scored goals but let him go on a free), and Eliasson (first team player but sold below value IMO) 

In fairness, Garita was Cotts (even though Ashton was around at that point).  But those were the days when a “punt” was £50k not £1m

23 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Can we put a sell on in the deal?

Would be an interesting take on a "free transfer"

Yes, we’ve done it with Rory Holden, JoJo Wollacott, Shaun McCouksky.

8 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Does anyone know for certain if this a free transfer or are people speculating? 

Italian journo’s tweet was translated.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

In fairness, Garita was Cotts (even though Ashton was around at that point).  But those were the days when a “punt” was £50k not £1m

Garita was a real definition of a punt. I can't remember exactly how we identified him, but it was somewhere left field. Basically a free go - he was either going to work or wasn't and it's a very small outlay.

He's one of the few players (present or former) I do follow on social media - something likeable about him. 

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Garita was a real definition of a punt. I can't remember exactly how we identified him, but it was somewhere left field. Basically a free go - he was either going to work or wasn't and it's a very small outlay.

He's one of the few players (present or former) I do follow on social media - something likeable about him. 

Wasn't he only really signed to help Kodjia settle in - ie another native French speaker. 

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

reckon it was, go and find the cheapest French player you can who we might hoodwink the fans with, so that Kodjia has a French speaking pal. ???

me too.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Add Nurse and Smith to those also.

• The title was changed to Goodbye, and Thanks...Adam Nagy
18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

6 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

The tweet is in Spanish, not Italian. No idea if that makes the author less reliable or more. 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's very niche - basically a fan run twitter page for Pisa but in Spanish.

Doesn't seem particularly reputable just yet. 

Yepp, I think the "on a free" has only come from the Spanish fan page for Pisa FC. Don't believe the reputable Italian journo (or anyone else) has commented on a fee up to this point, though Gregor did relay the "on a free" idea.

• The title was changed to DEPATURE : Goodbye, and Thanks...Adam Nagy
  • The title was changed to DEPARTURE : Goodbye, and Thanks...Adam Nagy

Archived