IGNORED

Nagy to Pisa - Departure CONFIRMED (Merged)

al3xrh0des

1 minute ago, swanker said:

Letting go on a free makes sense? 

He’s young and still under contract he’s also an international who’s just had an impressive Euros. 

He ain’t going nowhere for nothing, whatsoever you may have heard or read!

He’s young and still under contract he’s also an international who’s just had an impressive Euros. 

Saying it ten times doesn’t mean we will get any money for him ?

1 minute ago, swanker said:

The outrage on here about something unknown is absolutely hilarious.

3 minutes ago, swanker said:

Of course it makes sense if he isn't going to play, still saves on wages. 

Anyway what happened to the 5-6m?

4 minutes ago, swanker said:

I didn’t say he was 

I didn’t say he was

I didn’t say he was

I didn’t say he was

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

If we're saving a 52 x £15k or whatever it was that is a hefty saving that can arguably be deployed more efficiently 

As it stands that is the only saving grace.

Just now, Roger Red Hat said:

The outrage on here about something unknown is absolutely hilarious.

I don’t think it’s outrage RRH, I think a lot of know the market is dead.  @GrahamC’s post above sums it up, quoted below.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Be interesting to hear what you think the alternative is for a player who demonstrably doesn’t want to be in England.

Wait until Barca & Real Madrid come in to fight it out for him?

I liked Adam & felt he was better than we saw, but he didn’t want to stay, NP didn’t want to keep him once that was the case & Pisa have ended up with him because it appears they were the only side interested.

If not, we’d have sold him to someone else.

I guess if we suddenly spent £5/6m on a striker / other player we can assume that Nagy wasn’t a free, but until then I think the wording of the club announcement leaves me thinking if anything it’s a nominal fee.

Of course City could be playing it cool to avoid a club they’re trying to buy a player from think they have money to spend.

One to watch this space.

But for now it’s a £0 fee in my spreadsheet ???

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No mention of “undisclosed” either ???.  Looks like City have made it as easy as possible for Nagy to move back “home” (Italy not Hungary).

Lets see whether this greases the wheels on an incoming.

I find it concerning that Mr Ashton and Johnson didn't do there home work on players, Surely you work out if a player would settle or 100% wants to play for this club.. That's millions lost not no fault of the current CEO,Manager, Hopefully now we have a more professional approach to signings especially from abroad.

10 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

The fact people are content with one of our most valuable assets leaving for nothing, proves how brainwashed we are into trusting the board and the manager. 

Don't think people are that content with it in general, but it's where we are at the moment. If nobody is willing to pay a fee for Nagy, what can we do?

If Pearson doesn't want to use him and Nagy wants the move, we're probably best off cutting our losses and saving a bit on his wages, rather than being stubborn and losing even more money.

I agree that it's a kick in the teeth losing players for free, but in this situation it may be the "least bad" option available to us

7 minutes ago, Sturny said:

So that's the 12th player to leave this window?

If you include the 2 loans who went back to Fulham, it is 15.

Mawson & Sessegnon the two loans.

Plus Gilmartin, Hunt, Rowe, Adelakun, Mariappa, Paterson, Walsh, Lansbury, Diedhiou, Watkins, Wollacott, Nurse & Nagy.

2 minutes ago, Street red said:

I find it concerning that Mr Ashton and Johnson didn't do there home work on players, Surely you work out if a player would settle or 100% wants to play for this club.. That's millions lost not no fault of the current CEO,Manager, Hopefully now we have a more professional approach to signings especially from abroad.

Perhaps Nagy did.. at the time. That was 2 years ago and Covid hit + he's had a baby. He was only 24 when he signed and only 26 now.. people make wrong decisions when they're young.

He seems a very determined individual and I suspect the challenge of playing in England was very appealing on paper. He gave it a go, and for a multitude of reasons it hasn't worked out.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

But for now it’s a £0 fee in my spreadsheet ???

Waiting for the OS to announce it. Very sensible........:cool2:

It's a shame he's not worked out. From what I've heard/read it's more a case of not settling in the country and family being unsettled. As someone who lives abroad, and has also just had a first child, I do sympathise with that an awful lot. If being in Italy is easier for him family wise then I wish him no ill at all...whatever fee we might get for him.

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Bottom line is that Nagy has been a disappointment and slipped down the pecking order and has asked to leave. That means it’s almost inevitable that he’ll be off somewhere.  Italy would be an ideal location. Nice food and lovely weather and an opportunity to play regular football.

Good luck to him.

All confirmed on the OS?

1 minute ago, Street red said:

Then again we let Tomlin commute from Leicester way didn’t we, even though we let him have an apartment on the water?  O’Neil never relocated, etc.  I’m not suggesting Nagy was Easyjetting it in from Bologna or Budapest every few days, but he looked like he never settled for whatever reason.

My evaluation.  Decent player not really suited to the centre of a hustling and bustling Championship midfield.

1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Don't think people are that content with it in general, but it's where we are at the moment. If nobody is willing to pay a fee for Nagy, what can we do?

If Pearson doesn't want to use him and Nagy wants the move, we're probably best off cutting our losses and saving a bit on his wages, rather than being stubborn and losing even more money.

I agree that it's a kick in the teeth losing players for free, but in this situation it may be the "least bad" option available to us

I wish we’d have done that with Diedhiou.

3 minutes ago, Street red said:

It's always a gamble, though, isn't it. Even in the "old normal". Add Covid into the mix with family stranded abroad and the restrictions on travel and it's easy to see why this went sour. 

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

If you include the 2 loans who went back to Fulham, it is 15.

Mawson & Sessegnon the two loans.

Plus Gilmartin, Hunt, Rowe, Adelakun, Mariappa, Paterson, Walsh, Lansbury, Diedhiou, Watkins, Wollacott, Nurse & Nagy.

And Opi Edwards.

Archived