IGNORED

Cardiff - How to Watch

BCFCGav

12 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

It'll be on RobinsTV for the ahem international subscribers so there's bound to be a stream on hesgoal etc etc 

Thanks man. I won't lie, I hate the uncertainty of those sort of streams so I'll probably stick to twitter updates for this one. Still can't wait, roll on Saturday! 

Please forgive the technical ignorance of an old man, but is this done by subscribing to the service which is only available to users outside the UK, and then viewing via what I believe is called a VPN (whatever that is) in order to disguise the fact that you are, in reality, just up the road? 

If that is the case, just how tricky is that to set up for the pre-senile and technologically challenged?

(I think I’m supposed to type “asking for a friend” at this point...)

2 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Please forgive the technical ignorance of an old man, but is this done by subscribing to the service which is only available to users outside the UK, and then viewing via what I believe is called a VPN (whatever that is) in order to disguise the fact that you are, in reality, just up the road? 

If that is the case, just how tricky is that to set up for the pre-senile and technologically challenged?

You're not on your own!! 

• Admin
1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

I think the only way is to go isn't it? Not on TV and as it's a moved 3pm fixture it won't be streamed either? If anyone knows otherwise let me know. Thanks in advance :)

It will be available via www.hesgoal.com

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

It will be available via www.hesgoal.com

Who, according to my anti-virus programme, also generously throw in, free of charge, a whole load of malware that’s not very good for your computer, or indeed your internet security. Out of interest, how do people who regularly use these streaming websites manage to avoid the pitfalls of such malicious intrusions?

8 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

The VPN is simplicity itself to set up, it's essentially just an app or addon on your desktop that sets up a virtual tunnel to a server in whichever country you choose to be in and routes all your traffic through that so that whomever you connect to sees you as coming from that country.

There are multiple VPN apps, some free and some paid for so I would leave it up to you to choose which you use, or find advice elsewhere as I'm not able to recommend any personally. I think the free ones have data caps that probably aren't the best for streaming matches and may have speed issues. The paid ones tend to be in the £5-£10 a month bracket I believe.

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

The VPN is simplicity itself to set up, it's essentially just an app or addon on your desktop that sets up a virtual tunnel to a server in whichever country you choose to be in and routes all your traffic through that so that whomever you connect to sees you as coming from that country.

There are multiple VPN apps, some free and some paid for so I would leave it up to you to choose which you use, or find advice elsewhere as I'm not able to recommend any personally. I think the free ones have data caps that probably aren't the best for streaming matches and may have speed issues. The paid ones tend to be in the £5-£10 a month bracket I believe.

Thanks very  much for that - appreciate you taking the trouble. Cheers.

6 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Thanks very  much for that - appreciate you taking the trouble. Cheers.

There are many other uses for VPN's, a couple may be....

You can get country specific content on Netflix. America especially gets a whole load more stuff than you can get here, though I think Netflix know most of the VPN server addresses and block them so you have to get lucky.

If you get a VPN supplier that doesn't keep logs, you also have pretty damn good privacy and security as you can't be traced, so that downloading movies/music etc becomes much more risk free.

Also, it's worth bearing in mind that if you have kids and a VPN app suddenly appears that they have installed, a VPN will also bypass any parental controls you may have set up with your ISP as they won't be able to see any of the traffic you are sending or receiving.

16 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Who, according to my anti-virus programme, also generously throw in, free of charge, a whole load of malware that’s not very good for your computer, or indeed your internet security. Out of interest, how do people who regularly use these streaming websites manage to avoid the pitfalls of such malicious intrusions?

I've never had an issue with hesgoal before (touch wood). A lot of pop up ads and the streams tend to be 30 seconds behind, but it does the job.

20 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

There are many other uses for VPN's, a couple may be....

You can get country specific content on Netflix. America especially gets a whole load more stuff than you can get here, though I think Netflix know most of the VPN server addresses and block them so you have to get lucky.

If you get a VPN supplier that doesn't keep logs, you also have pretty damn good privacy and security as you can't be traced, so that downloading movies/music etc becomes much more risk free.

Also, it's worth bearing in mind that if you have kids and a VPN app suddenly appears that they have installed, a VPN will also bypass any parental controls you may have set up with your ISP as they won't be able to see any of the traffic you are sending or receiving.

Thanks again. That’s informative and also quite reassuring - especially your second paragraph. No parental issues to grapple with, fortunately.

33 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

I have been using hesgoal for years now and have never had any problems with malware or virus. I have a malware protection programme and also Advance System Care besides the usual Windows Defender. The only thing I will say about hesgoal, is that it is not as good as it used to be, can buffer a lot and sometimes disappear altogether. I have the £5 option a month for the audio, which is Radio Bristol on the OS and try to watch the stream (if available) as the stream is always behind the commentary by at least a few minutes, I know when a goal is coming.

• Admin
1 hour ago, CiderCraig said:

Being the 12:30 game should help

55 minutes ago, KegCity said:

I've never had an issue with hesgoal before (touch wood). A lot of pop up ads and the streams tend to be 30 seconds behind, but it does the job.

Likewise, never heard of anyone having any problems after the pop ups have gone

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Not watching but worth bearing in mind that if you`re outside the RB area but have Sky you can listen to Radio Wales on channel 0117.

Might be in Welsh but I don`t think it will be.

Had to listen to City v Swansea, as unable to attend match, on Radio Taff due to RB being unavailable in Cleeve North Somerset.

6 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

Watch it on a smart tv and you won't have a problem....i do

Archived